1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

2. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

This is something you actually have ingame, a prolonged light rain will never wash the grime away if it hits a rubbered track, and the racing line will be slower than the same amount of rain/wetness on the downcycle of heavier rain.

This. There is a pretty wide range with low to medium rain where the laptimes won't change all that much as long as the tyres are in operating temps and aren't blistered away. Of course with a heavier downpour and large puddles it'll get worse and especially the difference is quite huge when there's only a handful of cars circulating instead of a large grid.

This isn't necessarily true, you have to find the right tyre strategically for the situation you're in. Changing tyres takes a full minute in total and you have to consider driver stints and pit windows too when they are relevant. Generally speaking it's rarely worth it to make an extra pitstop as 1 minute is really difficult to recover, and the real question becomes who can bring out the most from the tyre they have on. Both tyres have a bit of leeway in opposing conditions and can be worth keeping on even when the conditions would dictate otherwise in terms of sheer laptime.

mister dog, Radfahrer, rikirk and 2 others like this.
  3. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

I agree in that in many cases its worth sticking it out as the time you lose in the pits won't gain you much if any laptime going on to wets, unless the rain is so torrential that you can't even keep the car on the track. You just need to manage the heck out of it with TC and ABS and a properly modulated right foot! This strategy is a highly enjoyable aspect to the game.

4. does anybody know the daily schedule of cp races?

5. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  6. Dewald Nel likes this.
  7. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Also here: Simsource
    Btw Simsource is a really nice leaderboard for ACC, it needs to be promoted a bit.

8. Dewald Nel

That is gold, can't believe I haven't seen it before. Especially leaderboards.

9. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Actually this is a good topic. Which ACC leaderboard is the most popular at the moment?
    I have seen the one online on Simsource and I think the ACC Results Companion app has a leaderboard too (although that's only for the sessions you have raced in).

10. aaron0288

aaron0288 Hardcore Simmer

Guy on the console section said he received this email from CDA...

"We received a lot of requests for this car from you guys and we hope everyone enjoys putting the car through its paces. (referring to new bundle available for 570S GT4) 2 brand new cars will also be released in the next 3 weeks which includes one brand new GT3 and one GT4, with both receiving full release packages."

Any news Kunos, or bad wording from CDA?

11. FloSimRace

FloSimRace Simracer

I think they are talking about setup packs for cars (a GT3 and a GT4) that don't have one yet on their site.

12. Dewald Nel

They obviously can't start working on setups before cars are released, so clearly cars that are already released.

Thus, only news from CDA's perspective, not from ACC.

13. I guess they mean brand new setup bundle for an existing car in ACC.

14. aaron0288

aaron0288 Hardcore Simmer

I did think if that was the case, but had assumed there were setup packs for all current cars. Oh well. They could’ve worded it a bit better...

15. I have been diagnosed with the updates anxious wayting syndrom. :confused:

Felge Schneider and RDGNL like this.
  16. I have watched a couple of YouTube video laps of ACC @ Oulton Park, and both of them included those two horrible little chicanes on the back straight. Does ACC also include a version of the track with the complete run down the back straight? Chicanes are OK when they are done well, but I hate those two at Oulton Park. They are almost as bad as that horror show of a first corner at Oschersleben.

17. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Chikanes in use. They destroy tyres and make you spin. I had to do 15 laps before managing 4 in a row for the track medals LOL

18. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Oulton Park AKA pressure lost on the left rear.

19. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

Just to clarify, ACC Results Companion leaderboard includes all users who opt in to share their best results. These are visible if you decide to download the ARC leaderboards. Judging by Monza (which I think is by far the most popular circuit), there are just over 2500 players to compare results to

Guidofoc likes this.
  20. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

During the first SRO e-sports race at Monza, in the end of the broadcast they talked about the next race Magny-Cours.
    The away the mention it sounds like it will on the ACC version of it.
    Maybe I did get it wrong or maybe they are missing something, but it is really strange nobody talked about it.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021