1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Rebel_488

Rebel_488 Racer

Check your steam vr resolution/super sampling in steam vr settings. Its automatic and dependant on your system so its probably running the game higher than oculus most likely, which causes asw to kick in.

Check vr section for g2 tips, plenty there.

2. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

Steam VR runs as an app inside Oculus when using an Oculus headset. The game ‘talks’ to the Steam VR API which then has to ‘talk’ to the Oculus API. It’s usually better to run it in native Oculus VR mode as Steam VR is nothing but a middle man here and it’s probably costing you a small performance hit. The reason it immediately goes from 80 to 40 is because how the ASW works. If the headset can’t maintain a solid 80 FPS it drops down to 40 and turns on interpolation.

3. Would be a shame :eek: They didn't even ban Masterlooser?

4. it is not an isolated case. we've seen it around. there is a case that the driver registers lap times slower than everyone else and passes the opponents. I didn't get an answer from Kunos. but the 505 answered me, asked for everything I had and passed it on to them.

After_Midnight likes this.
  5. Isn't it up to Kunos to take care of it in the first place, is it?

6. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

It is. It is also their choice whether anything should be done, whether we agree or not. For the record, I would've appreciated something to be done as well.

7. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

8. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

Nope, he is still active and can be seen at CP server split 1.

9. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

Weird...New banner and nobody seems to have noticed....o_O

10. WTF! Why there are no further action done by Kunos?? :eek:

It is just an Audi overtakes a Porsche at Döttinger Höhe. No reason to get excited :D:D:D

11. Monotone

Monotone Gamer

;)

12. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

Now I know custom liveries aren't supported, and I get why. I know wishlisting isn't allowed, and I get why. But I really, really wish there'd be a "leak" of the helmet template to create our own helmets similarly to how we can currently do the liveries.

Like, no one will probably see them. I'd just love to create a personal helmet design to use for screenshots.

13. As a livery creator I can understand your request.
    But for public multiplayer I'd rather nobody have had ever discovered how to add custom liveries to ACC.

Dewald Nel likes this.
  14. Lag join occurs also with liveries customized with ingame editor.
    I honestly struggle to believe the problem are liveries.

About helmet customization, thats the most personal aspect, so more templates or the possibility to diy would be great.

15. It's just adding the option to load skins when you go to the boxes. It would solve the join lag.

But there is no intention to solve the problem, as it is not an official resource.

However, widely used, including in the official SRO e-sports championships.

16. The "normal" joining/leaving lags was always there. And already sometimes hard to handle.
    Liveries made by using the ingame editor do not increase the lags. But "real" custom livery do. And these lags can ruin your race.

Beside that racing against more and more plain black (mostly) cars breaks the immersion too.

I've asked a lot of people in public multiplayer. Close to nobody seems to know about the downsides of using these liveries.

Even in leagues or race events custom liveries can causes problems.

17. Is it because of the mass of those loveries?
    If that is the case, can't they implement a validity check for liveries?

18. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Custom liveries (not created with in-game editor) are a pain to use in leagues due to 1. joining lag (problematic if/when someone joins during qualify, race session is closed), 2. lag to access replay during race (often required by admins/race directors to check incidents during the race).

When using custom liveries (not created with the editor) outside leagues, the other drivers (who don't have the skin pack) only see/load the basic paint for that livery, according to the colour/material set.
    Basically, this would be identically, in terms of lag, as using any livery created with the editor.
    However, it's very dull to have a grid of cars with just plain skins, without the variety and colours of the in-game original liveries, much more pleasing to the eye that any other liveries.

19. They could just force free practice for all servers and forbid joining during race and qualy.
    All mass online games have this structure:
    A time to collect people
    A time to play
    Free practice seems a valid time where to collect people.

In the end this is exactly what they do in cp races.

Let's also take into account that such a structure could help preventing stupid behaviours, since 10'fp+10'q+20'r means you are not gonna have many races in a day, or that you gotta wait possibly a lot for the next.

Which is exactly what happens in cp races, again, where, compared to public lobbies, people behave much much better.

So who cares if your lap is ruined in fp. You can socialize. I have never accepted the idea of allowing the people to join in q and race, since lag join is a huge thing in the game.

A simple solution for a complex problem.
    Why is this not happening?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    Freddie Seng and Cascader like this.
  20. While I agree to your post the quoted part doesn't suit my experience.
    You can basically tell by the happened lag if a joining user is using a custom livery (not created with in-game editor).

Big fan of these liveries it seems ;)
    Your simple solution wouldn't fix all the problems custom liveries comes with.
    Don't let them use in public multiplayer. :cool: It's just selfish