1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kunos announces multiplayer date

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Benjamin Joel, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kro

kro Simracer

Friday will be a crazy day for sure ! I have to work so I wont be able to take part untill the late hrs ;-/ ! Having read most all the posts in this thread we still dont know, or have any idea , how the servers will work ?
    We have a few quuestions that we have been discussing over on our league site like:
    1. will each install have a dedacated server option .exe so any said player can host ?,
    2. will we have working pit stops at any time soon ? before or after v1.0 ?
    3. will we have night racing for league endourance series , post v1.o ? (also goes with the pit stop option)

thanks ;-)

Nuk3m likes this.
  2. BuLLeTGER

BuLLeTGER Rookie

They release the multiplayer on my birthday,could there be a better present? :)

Silentsnoop, cooknn and ov1diu like this.
  3. patrod

patrod Simracer

4. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann Simracer

1. Yes
    2. after v1.0
    3. after v1.0

kro and F1lover like this.
  5. Valbuena72

Valbuena72 Racer

- 2 days :)
    Impatient !

6. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Will the server need steam to run? I want to run it in a different pc (not my desktop) and I cannot be logged in from 2 machines at the same time..

7. Valbuena72

Valbuena72 Racer

Dedicated server can be run on Steam on the same account but offline.

8. Whizzy

Whizzy Rookie

Yess, in my country (Latvia) 2nd May is a no-work day. That means all day in Assetto Corsa :)

9. JoonaR

JoonaR Rookie

Haha, it's also my birthday :D

But yea, i'm really looking forward to this. Hopefully the multiplayer system will be close to LFS which i found very easy and versatile(not sure is it right word).

10. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann Simracer

I think, yes. The server would be running through steam. I don`t know, how it`s working with AC. With e.g. Race07 it`s easy, just run Steam on the second machine in offline mode. Could imagine it`s the same with AC.

//Edit:

Didn`t saw the posting from Valbuena72...

11. kro

kro Simracer

Thx and sry ;-P

12. chris mckean

chris mckean Gamer

My Birthday tomorrow, nice belated pressie:);):p:D

13. Maniac-Terry

Maniac-Terry Rookie

Thanks for all the hard work Kunos. This is the best Race simulator.

14. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

Let's make this even more clear to you :D

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Marco Massarutto ( Kunos Licensing Project Manager ) quote:

"Many people think that the multiplayer and online experience is dramatically important to every racing game.

Still if you count the number of users that play online at
    any time of the day/week with all the available simulators on the market,

and then you also count the sales numbers of
    all the simulators available, you will notice that the online active users are a tiny fraction

of the whole sales, even on purely online dedicated sims.

So we’re troubled… where are all these people? Why we can’t see more online active users, than 15-20% of the whole sales of all sims even by

the most pessimistic sales projections? Obviously because only a small part of the customers have the time and energy to race online regularly."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For me personally I would only use MP occasionally if the AI drivers gets twice as good as they are now and that is probably just a matter of time anyway.

And I Sim Race for hours most days of the week :D

15. KostMan25

KostMan25 Rookie

I just hope xbox controller support is next without being able to map where i want EVERY button i think i'll hold off hurry!!!

16. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Well in light of that, we all agree that there will be no excitement on Friday. NONE. We will all solemnly remember that the people we race represent only 15% of the users. :p :D

ov1diu likes this.
  17. Andemagre

Andemagre Racer

-1 day to my divorce, I'm sorry my wife

18. Felice Pugliese

Felice Pugliese Hardcore Simmer

The problem with these numbers is that GT and "ForzaMotorsport" sell many more copies than all other sim put together, so I think the statistic is based around the end of this, I repeat that some SIM today do not even have a career in their products, I hope I was clear.

19. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

That's what my thought was!

20. Can u guys please tell us the time frame when the MP will be released as we are all in different time zones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.