1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

SLI how to get the best performance

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Briklebritt, Nov 8, 2013.

1. waynevegas

waynevegas Gamer

Okay so I figured out how to edit the values in Nvidia Inspector, but I'm doing it in the wrong place. My version of Nvidia Inspector oddly does not have a "Compatibility " section. I'm running the current 1.9.7.2. Not sure why I can't see the sections you all referring to. I just incorrectly edited the "SLI" section. Any ideas?

upload_2013-11-10_21-19-18.png

2. waynevegas

waynevegas Gamer

I found a similar issue with others that to get the "Compatibility" section back you need to run the "repair" process with Nvidia Inspector. Unfortunately, it won't repair for me. Not sure why. I reinstalled drivers and Nvidia Inspector to no avail.

3. waynevegas

waynevegas Gamer

Thanks for everyone's help. Success....I realized Nvidia Inspector needed the XML file accompanying it for the install. After that I had the proper settings.....set to 0x000040F5. I now get good utilization of both gpus with high super sampling settings on top of the in-game settings....all with high FPS. Thanks again! Now I can just enjoy the game!

Thiago Medvid likes this.
  4. Diego Xavier

Diego Xavier Gamer

I tried MrPix(always helping with SLI profiles, including pCars hehe) advice, using 0x000110FB. Now i can tune graphics all the way up and always 60fps, no drops.
    I only have flickering just after showing the garage mode for the first 5 seconds, and for 5 sec when pressing ESC during race. Looks like something to do with the heavy bright lighting, then stops flickering.

5. Smeghead

Smeghead Rookie

thanks for the ideas guys, got it sorted now. GTX680 SLI here and working well.
    Was getting flickering with all compatability bits but then found another thread that suggested changing "no of faces" in graphic options from 1 to 3 or more. I tried 3 but still got flickering, so I just upped all settings to max and flickering has gone.
    I could probably muck about and see what settings I need to stop flickering but FPS are good enough on max settings for now.

Iwan likes this.
  6. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

After reading this I have had a play with different settings under the reflections area and got it to stop flickering constantly I had to use at least 6 faces and medium reflections, there is now just temporary flicker when entering the track (Camera spinning around car) and entering the pause menu like other people are having

Iwan likes this.
  7. I will have to check when I come back from work. I was a bit dissapointed by the fact that the sim doesnt look as good in triple screen mode than in single one. I have an I7 - 16GB - GTX690 system and couldn't max all the settings, having ~30FPS but extreme stuttering (unplayable). I was suspecting that SLI was not working propperly but didnt have time to check different settings with NVinspector. Thanks for the tips here.

Apart from the high FOV issue in the replay in triple monitor mode (http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...s-in-triple-screen-5760x1080.1683/#post-14040) I'm having a weird amount of blur in the replays caused when I'm on triple screens with HDR enabled. Are you noticing the same? I wonder what is this related to and if it could be fixed with NVinspector too. Thanks. :)

8. Iwan

Iwan Rookie

Yes, you were right guys. The flickering has stopped, when i changed faces to 6. Thank you, for sharing this information!! by the way, GTX 590 here.

greetings!

Steve32 likes this.
  9. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Not much help but I set all the graphics settings to max right out of the box and Precision-X was showing both GPU's pegged at 99% usage. Didn't have to change a thing and no graphical anomalies to be seen. I have only tested one car/track so far.

10. Chema

Chema Rookie

I´m using now 0x000040F5 and works fine to me, but you can try 0x080202F5 too, no flickering with these two for me and good performance in my two 470

Steve32 likes this.
  11. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I used 0x000040F5 and game was perfect with 60 fps in triple 3d-vision-surround (everything maxed out). But yesterday my windows 8 asked me if I want to update to WINDOWS 8.1 and I said yes...
    Now I have a big problem! The nvidia-inspector tweak (SLI compatibility bits 0x000040F5 or 0x080210F5 or 0x000110FB) doesn't work anymore!!! So I only get 40 FPS, but I need 60 FPS to play!!! No matter what SLI-bits I enter, I always get the same poor framerate as if I play the game without entering a SLI-bit.
    Can someone please help me and does someone have the same problem with windows 8.1?
    I already tried everything (reinstall the latest nvidia-drivers, reinstall the game, reinstall the latest nvida inspector).
    What can I do? I think there is no way back from windows 8.1 to windows 8 :-(

12. Magic of Windows. Sadly I cannot help here, sorry...

13. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

That's really a disaster! I hope that the devs will have a look as there are many people complaining about perfomance issues on this forum. Perhaps they have the same problem: missing SLI-optimization for this game whereupon there is a workaround for windows 8 (enter SLI compatibility bits in nvidia inspector) and it seems that there is NO workaround for windows 8.1 at the moment (?).

But Assetto Corsa being a "next-gen-sim" and windows 8.1 a "next-gen-operating system" I would expect that the current problems will be solved till the final release.
    For me I hope it will be as soon as possible as it is really painful if you have already experienced the 60fps-feeling in all it's glory and now have to wait till things get fixed.

If the game wants to persist the strong competition on the sim-market (Project Cars...) it MUST be possible to play the game with up-to-date-operating system (win 8.1) and up-to-date-hardware (2x TITAN SLI!) with fluid framerate!
    It would still be nice if someone could confirm/reproduce the problem.

I would appreciate if one of the devs could give me an answer if they're going to have a look at my problem or not (or if they have any suggestions what I could do).

Still begging for help! ;-)

14. 2x TITANS! Mother mother. They should operate in better FPS than 60. My GTX690 dances at 60FPS with all maxed all...

15. Chema

Chema Rookie

edit: sorry mate, i was reading too fast and not noticed the "windows 8.1" part, all the stuff i wrote doesn´t help you... but maybe for others...

Ok... i don´t know what changes you tried... then i will explain my experience.
    First: newest drivers and newest inspector version. Ok, done
    2- Go to the assetto corsa profile on inspector and check if AA and Aniso is "aplication controled". If not, change it
    3- Try with one of the SLI compatibility bits... on SLI DX1 slot
    4- Antialiasing Transparency Supersampling -- 4x SparseGRid Supersampling (goodbye jaggies :) )
    5- In game menu: try only 2 x aniso (too much resources if you try more)
    6- Shadows -- high
    7- Render full res -- ok
    8- AA x4 (no FXAA)
    9- No HDR (i get 60 fps with HDR too, but too shinny for me :) )
    10- No "horizon view..."
    11- Cubemap: Low or Med (try low first)
    12- Faces - 6

With this config and with 2x470 SOC i get 60FPS constants on driving views and no less 40 on replays (mostly 55-60)

If not work... try playing with only one TITAN.. is a lot more power than necessary... maybe some kind of incomptibility.. i´dont know...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    BadDan likes this.
  16. BadDan

BadDan Gamer

Wow, fantastic settings. Looks beautiful and runs perfect. Thanks for that.

17. michele75 ita

michele75 ita Rookie

hello you could put pictures of your settings in nvidia inspector.

18. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

This one working a treat with no flicker no matter what the reflections are set to nice one :)

19. Sergey Petrov

Sergey Petrov Rookie

my driver version is 306.97 , very old but working with all the games .
    what driver you use CarloMaker ?

20. Daryl Reseigh

Daryl Reseigh Rookie

Hi guys, i'm new here. I'm trying to get SLI working on my GTX 670's but i cant see any 'SLI Compatibility bits (DX1x)' option?? Can anyone help me please?

[​IMG]