1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why is ac so much better than netkar pro?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Coopz, Sep 1, 2014.

1. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Never understood why Sim like AC have to pay for band licences. I see it as great advertising for brands.
    Lets hope in the future it turns the other way!
    Aristotelis, have made this question to myself many time, the band licence is it specifies to car model or the brand? Don't really know if this is the place to answer this kind of question.

2. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

That's like saying I took the best and more natural ingredients to make the most authentic pizza and then I've put ketchup instead of salsa al pomodoro.

Honestly, it's one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. It's one thing to say the physics doesn't convince you or you don't like them, a whole other thing to say we use hidden assists.
    Even a let down for me when it comes from an all around nice guy as Shaun.

That's the life of a developer though. You get the good and the bad critics and just move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traind, Ace Pumpkin, alex72 and 19 others like this.
  3. Aristotelis

Likely it will be even worse in the future.
    Licenses can be either full brand or model specific.

The only full brand license we have is Lotus. All the other licenses are model specific. Not car specific but model, which is even more strict. For example we can't do an SLS black line so to speak.
    There are also more details that limit what we do and why we choose to do what we do, but unfortunately can't tell in public. Just remember that if a choice looks strange to you there's almost always an explanation behind.

4. So this means I can haz Lotus Esprit pleaze!!!

5. Aristotelis

Theoretically yes. Practically is more complicated as creating each car has additional costs in 3d artists, research, dev time etc.

rainey06au likes this.
  6. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

I think I have improved almost all of his previous product (NetKar pro), but there are better things in NetKar, flags, head movements, sense of speed, perfect rain and the tires as I liked the flat tire is generated .. .

In AC I have little doubt the tires and can not find information, I remember reading that after v1.0 is change the tires, I dont would know that there is truth to this. The wear is not whether or not there right now, my feeling is that the grip only depends on temperature, not if they plan to add visual wear and if they can be made flat and NetKar not know if you could puncture or exploit the tires ... A simulator must take into account the realism of the tires.

I would like to know you are working, what are the things you try to implement in the future and which are not. It would only take one minute and developers think everyone would appreciate. Speculation would end.

Sounds like a great project and I more excited at this point, it seems almost impossible that such a small team there managed to do a great job.

Thanks! forgive google translate

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  7. Aristotelis

Speculation will never end. You know why? Because everybody takes a piece of info and makes whatever story he wants from it.

For example. You said you read about a tyre change after 1.0. Good for you, I didn't know about it and I'm responsible about physics.
    I'm not saying it might not happen but it's not something planned. We try things, we read new information, we study and we test. If it works well we release. That's about it.

You said grip only depends on temperature. Even the simplest of test would clear this up. Just take a car put soft tyres and max fuel and go driving.
    Even simpler have a look at the open physics example car and see the physics files for yourself.

So no, speculation will never end no matter how many times we explain the same things. People like speculation, it's easier and more exciting to speculate than to study or to test.

8. Tberg

Tberg Alien

There's always been some superficial prejudices in Scandinavia, maybe even whole of Northern Europe, that cars and electronics from Italy doesn't last long up here in the cold. Something that always pops up as an implied joke on a carshow, musicgear expo or whatever, and everybody nods and smile to each other thinking "it's italian....". I'm sure it's the same way for Italians with stuff from the north. (needless to say, of cause we love all the good things from Italy)
    I have never been a true fanboy, although I enjoyed Test Drive on my Amiga 500 more than 25 years ago, up through Gran Turismo on the ps1, Colin Mcrae, on to the pc sims of the early 2000's hitting the last decade of ISI games and the like, till now, waiting for several sims to come together. One game of these has made me kindda fanboy, I hate to admit it and I do miss all the options I left behind in my last main sims, and that game is AC. Or, maybe it's not the game, but that small group of italian (of all oh might! :D) hardworkers that actually put their heart and soul in it and produce a game, which is just wonderful to drive, while taking the community serious, even the complainants.

So by all means, please don't let the w*nkers complaints get to you, and please continue setting the standard of how to run an early access process from A-Z. And don't forget to keep going with this simracing gem, I feel like when I was awed the first time playing my previous top sims, times 10.

ericRacer, TomTrick, fioc and 2 others like this.
  9. This. A month or two ago Stefano told me on Twitter that even though pit stops are not planned for 1.0 he was going to try to find the time to implement some form of basic non-animated pit stop to make everybody happy....no less than two hours later there were tweets from people relaying the info that pit stops were now confirmed for 1.0

You guys announced back in December or January that the Dream Pack DLC was tentatively scheduled for release in September....ever since them people have decided that you guys PROMISED the DLC for September and that even now you are planning to release it for sale before the sim even hits 1.0.....It is really sad that you have to remain quiet on so many things, not because you are legally obligated to, but because whatever you say will get misconstrued a thousand different ways within minutes.

10. Pascal.Hek

Pascal.Hek Gamer

Ahh this takes me back to the Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge on the Amiga, needed the buy more memory because it needed 1mb ram to run. :D

11. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Thanks you.

Edited: blancpain series are getting more and more projecting, maybe a great deal.

12. megaCoffee

megaCoffee Simracer

In his defense, he said it FELT like there were hidden assists, and he admitted that he could be wrong. But I guess that's how rumours start and he should've known better.

13. Rolf Kazamba

Rolf Kazamba Simracer

I guess that's the way it is with things people want to have as soon as possible. If you want to avoid disappointed users, never tell them any dates and try to avoid promises. On the other hand people want infos and might lose interest in the project if they don't get enough of them.
    So it seems to be a walk on razor's edge to make the best out of it. And as it looks for me as a customer, the KS-guys/girls(are there any?) are doing that pretty well. As Aristotelis has already said: You can't make everbody happy. And as this isn't possible... there are a bunch of mods to be released in the future. Many of them will match the taste of those who are missing some content in AC by now or in the future. :) So it's been a good decision to make AC modable.

TheBoss likes this.
  14. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

I think I read that, that would work on a new model of tire after v1.0. Surely I'm wrong, sometimes misinterpret words and translations are given for real comments of others.

In the wear had doubts in tire temperature app seems to show no wear, there seems no way to look anywhere else. Then I did a little test, I took the p4 / 5 and began to burn rubber up to more than 200ºC. The car was unmanageable, then wait a few seconds to get the temperature of the track, the car seemed easily manageable. Do not compare times, but the feeling was that it was still having enough grip.

Much appreciate your clarification on these two aspects.

15. Mr.Crowley

Mr.Crowley Racer

Not sure which tire temperature app you're using, but OV1 info's tire information app shows temperature, pressure, dirt, traction, and of course, tire wear. It shows tire wear after driving around so I know tire wear is working. Maybe it doesn't wear as quickly as you'd like, but I usually race a few laps and rest, then back to it. So I never go 20 laps in one go, at most 10 or 15 in regular tracks and 2 to 4 Nord laps, so I'm never concerned with wear. Maybe someone else can chip in with their view.

16. Vampire

Vampire Alien

Yep I would agree with that. After trying out a certain GP2 mod out there last night (drama is good advertising I guess lol) I noticed massive tire wear - about 10 laps hard driving and was down to 88% tires on DashMeter and subsequently spun off the track as I was busy looking at my DashMeter display lol. I noticed that the mod only had soft tires available, and I had been running 2x tire wear because with only 10 lap races it wasn't really an issue so tried to bring it into play a little.

Just crank up the multiplier of your tire wear, put some soft tires on something fast, and then go lay some fat black lines everywhere ;)

As an aside and more on topic of the thread, I have never really closely followed a driving sim development before, or modders and stuff. Must say I am finding it quite interesting how much politics are involved etc. Used to just download mods for rFactor etc completely oblivious to the internet battles that have been waged over every car lol.

Must make it hard on the developers for sure, seems like Aristotelis is all over it thou and an old hand at dealing with the 'truth that is the internet!'

17. Is that the case with the Ferrari 599, Aris? I see that you have the race version in the game, but I am curious to know if the road version will be added at some point.

18. Aristotelis

Just the 599XX Evo

19. FTFY

I would have to think that if Kunos were to get another Ferrari license it would be either the Enzo, 250 GTO, or Daytona.

Thanks for the replies Aris, now get to looking busy; the big boss man, Lord Kunos himself, is back in town! I'm betting on v1.0 before the end of November; time will tell if I'm right or not!

20. That's a shame. Whilst I am sure that the XX will be a great car, it would have been nice to have the "standard" version of the 599.