1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Drivingitalia interview with marco massarutto

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by VELOCIPEDE, Nov 12, 2014.

1. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

I'm not sure if I have a mancrush on him or it's just because he's always pictured stood with gorgeous motors. :eek:

[​IMG]

:p

alex72 likes this.
  2. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Hoping that more server controls means that online racing becomes something I want to do rather than something I want to avoid.

3. The only thing server controls will do is allow you to tailor the server to your wants/needs; no amount of controls (or even flag rules) are going to suddenly make all the wreckers go away nor will they make people suddenly race/drive against others with any more respect than what happens now.

4. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Your right but we wont have to put up with them now. They will just get kicked/banned quicker.. Eventually they will be kicked / banned from all the decent servers. Which i would hope leaves a decent chunk of public servers wrecker free.

Backmarker and esox71 like this.
  5. From what little public server racing I have done it seems to me that if you kick all the wreckers and guys that can't make two turns without spinning out there won't be but two or three people left in each lobby.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for perma banning people but it is a sad fact that the majority of sim-racers can't drive/race worth two turds and it has been that way in every public lobby in every game/sim that I have played in the last 5 years.

The only solution is to either join a good league or only race with your closest friends/teammates; I don't see any amount of server controls ever changing this.

And for what it is worth, I am all for server controls; the more the better in my book...but there really needs to be a description box for each server explaining exactly what settings are being used.

Mogster likes this.
  6. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

Wow, where have you been racing. A number of times we've raced 3-5 guys for p1 in GCracing servers. And then another group of lads behind us. That's the thing. These spoiled wrong way driving, out of pits little kids going are very few, but they give you this soul crushing idea that you can't race. Jaye restarted server an infinite amount of times to make sure every single one of them gets blacklisted. But, that takes time and they don't feel the impact right away. Also, the other wrongdoers don't see a messege xy just got banned. That would set a nice example for them what is waiting in store. So yes, admin tools would instantly be hugely beneficial.

Old Geezer, shiftA, Sean and 3 others like this.
  7. alex72

alex72 Alien

People need to practice more before hitting the pub servers for sure. Alone or with friends (or training servers). Training servers is easy to setup. Make your own and call it "training" or "practice" where you can practice with others. I did a lot of practicing with AC when it was new with friends, and i joined a pub server after i felt warmed up enough to mess the races up as little as i could.

Its hard though to keep people out. You dont know what skills people have until they are on the track. With better server control (admin) it gets a bit better being able to ban someone that shows little practice, and after a while it will pay off. Good idea on the description box as well. Either a drop down with premade phrases to choose from or one that you can write yourself "PRACTICE SERVER", "INTERMEDIATE SERVER", "PRO SERVER" etc. Would be fun though to see if people even care about that description.

8. Practice servers will only work if we get full voice chat; I have no idea if that is even in the plans from AC or not....I hope that Kunos will utilize the different tools that Steam provides so that joining a server with friends, or explaining the basics to a newbie will actually be possible.

Back closer to topic:
    Classic Ford GT Woot Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spiritofsenna and cooknn like this.
  9. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

You mean classic gt40 :p

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  10. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yeah, the idea was a place for trainees to just drive together and not on race servers. :)

Ford GT - woot indeed!!! Always wanted that in AC. Epic. :cool:

11. VELOCIPEDE

VELOCIPEDE Racer

thanks to all :)

[RRRV] JuggernAlz and cooknn like this.
  12. cooknn

cooknn Alien

I would love to see Kunos enable tools for servers to extract stats for each driver. Not just wins and losses, but wrecks (reviewable) and attempts at cheating. And for the server to be able to rank racers and group them based on past performance. Then allow for creation of races with certain tiers of drivers. If you are a rookie you race with rookies. If you have proven that you can race clean on that server then you can race with other clean racers. There should also be some sort of reward for finishing a race. It seems to me too many people drop out if they fall back. Takes all the fun out of it for the guys that run up front, IMHO. I would rent a permanent server somewhere if even some of this stuff were possible and it would be a beautiful thing.

13. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, we could call it IRacing and everything!

14. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Heh. Same concept. New name. MUCH better racing simulation ;)

15. Rent a server farm, hire a programmer to code the rating systems, and a web designer to make it all actually work and then charge x amount a month for people to use your service. Seems simple enough to me, can't imagine why nobody is doing this.

(actually, I can think of a few dozen reasons)

cooknn and Backmarker like this.
  16. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Joining a server from friends list would be great to have +1

17. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Let's do it!!!

Kristaps likes this.
  18. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

Cars cars cars...!! it cool but what about tracks?

I also can`t get it to translate.....

WallyM likes this.
  19. A way to get a Ghetto version of the translation (which ultimately is all the online auto-translations) is to copy the whole text from that interview and just paste it into google translate.

20. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Zandvoort and nordschliefe are the only 2 in the pipeline.

Tracks cost quite a bit so atm they are concentrating on tracks they believe will bring more people to the sim. Not a bad business move but it does mean the lesser known hidden gems are not going to be at the top of the list.

Also tracks closer to kunos geographically spanning outwards are the ones most likely to be done if any.