1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New nvidia drivers 347.25 are really good!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by claudiopolez, Jan 24, 2015.

1. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Racer

Yep, I agree that there should be/will be improvements, but I always like to research things before jumping in and the GeForce/Nvidia forums are not really happy with the new driver at the moment.
    My gut feeling is to wait, but good luck for those who do update.
    I have triple screens and they can be a pain to configure.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  2. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

I run triples too... But I've had to redo them so many times I can do it with my eyes closed... I'll install them later this evening and report back.

tkrisz2 and ir Sindaco like this.
  3. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

What are their main gripes? I play some other games too and all seem fine too me.

4. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Racer

Go look for yourself.
    A lot of posts so be prepare to spend a bit of time;)

5. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Thats why I was aksing, hoping for some quick jist ;)

6. drdoomslab

drdoomslab Hardcore Simmer

Wow really? You must have been really unlucky (or i'm really lucky). I've never had a problem with drivers and tipple screens (now i've said that i bet my next driver update is a disaster. lol). Only thing i do do is not run it in surround mode when i'm updating drivers. Mind you I only switch surround on for games with the KB short cuts.

7. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Racer

:D:D

8. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

anyone else have DSR problems after this? i have 2 monitors connected and the DSR resolutions are available for my main monitor but not my tv that i play on, so im back at 1920x1080 rather than 2715xwhatever it was before
    problem is even shown in windows screen res settings so its nothing to do with ac. why did i update!!!

9. Why indeed....

10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

There has been mention of settings being returned to default in Nvidia and Inspector settings after installing the driver. That may explain some of the FPS improvements and other issues.

11. drdoomslab

drdoomslab Hardcore Simmer

Hi ears1991,

I think DSR will only work on your primary screen. So make shore the screen you play on is you primary screen. Also you could just have the TV plugged in and setup you DSR then try pluggin in you other screen and having that as a secondary. Its very quick to swap the screens in software too.

When they released the DSR driver it did mess up the way my triples work with v-sync and i get screen tearing now with it but only on the middle screen. Can no longer use v-sync or adaptive v-sync but i think that because they are not all the same monitor. But it works grate with no v-sync. lol.

Cheers,

DrDoomsLab.

12. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

yeah its set as primary, and tried all of that, tried setting to only display on the tv, so as if only single monitor config, no change, so rolled back and works perfectly again, very odd, posted it in the feedback thread on geforce forums so hopefully it gets looked into

13. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Racer

I will still wait:)

14. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

No performance increase here...

15. Kodiak

Kodiak Racer

this happens with every update, the 'problem' everyone has a different rig setup/configuration and different onboard settings.

16. adaptable1

adaptable1 Racer

I did not see an increase with GTX 970s in SLI and triples. If I want smooth 120hz vsync/sensation of speed, no post processing and static reflections.

17. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

triple screens and a 980gtx
    settings medium
    fps with a full AIfield 85
    but it stutters like hell :-(

18. Ghanja

Ghanja Racer

Things seem to run smoother with these drivers - I like them so far.

19. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Great drivers! Finally fixed the color issues on hdmi, didn't need to reset my triple screen setup, quite smooth all in all.

That hdmi bug was so bad, and left unaddressed for like a year... If you have an hdmi panel you should see a much better picture than you ever have before.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  20. Usually the settings only reset if you choose Custom installation (instead of express) and then check the Clean installation option. So this driver could have a bug that resets them anyway and that was the reason for the fps increase maybe?
    Haven't read much about these drivers though.