1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I demand some explanation

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by D1visor, Sep 1, 2015.

1. D1visor

D1visor Alien

This video is old now but still, how were the shots at 0:42, 0:58, 1:01 done? I know about the f5 cam but with it you can only either rotate the cam with your RMB but can't change the tilt or you can make it so you can rotate it and zoom and all that but lose the orbiting functionality. I wanna make videos damn it but it feels so limiting:mad::oops::rolleyes:

2. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Enable DevApps in assettocorsa.ini and use "photo app"

3. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Does it give me the orbit around the car function? Like in the video above, while being able to tilt and zoom? If not, it's useless.

4. nonnex

nonnex Alien

nope, its photo not video. There is no machinima support in AC:) So we or you have to be more creative to get the things out that you like, hehe.

You can maybe use a 3rd parity soft where you can define mouse xy curves and record the screen then to get a scene for further use in a movie soft.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    F430_458_F12 and Horus like this.
  5. D1visor

D1visor Alien

But how was it done in that video then? Recording it in a higher res and then tilting and zooming? It's annoying that no one covers it. Few people know some secret methods and that's it...

6. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Dont ask me, I have no clue how its done.
    Its an official trailer so I would guess that the devs has more cam control (scripts) then we have to make such things.

7. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Assetto Corsa > system > cfg > camera_onboard_free.ini
    Change SPHERICAL_COORDS from =1 to =0
    F5 camera is now movable with mouse and WASD
    Tilt with F, G
    Elevation with keyboard up/down
    Mouse right click and hold to slowly rotate around car

You may not be able to achieve exactly the same effects as the trailer, but it does allow full replay camera control.
    :cool:

8. Robbiexsstar

Robbiexsstar Hardcore Simmer

That is official video and Kunos use a dev version with more tweaks and options than consumer relase.

Someone replicated that effects, but I think they use powerfull pc, gamer's mouse and post production virtual camera.

I have another idea but I want test it before reveal. :D

9. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Thing is, the video above isn't made by Kunos.

10. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

Heheheh that is the funniest thing i have ever heard. Really, it just made me and every body at work chuckle
    What on earth does having a powerful pc or even funnier, a gaming mouse have to do with recording video??? :D

Could you please explain, what is a "post production virtual camera"? i have worked in the video trade for a few years, but neither i or anyone else at the company has ever heard of a "post production virtual camera" even google doesnt know what that is... I have heard of (and used) virtual cameras before, where you can create a 3d scene (a live set) and then use a virtual camera (which looks like a regular video camera) and when you move around in front of the camera, it will actually place you inside that 3d virtual scene.. But nobody here has ever heard of anything like that existing for "Post production"

So im kind of interested to know exactly what a "post production virtual camera" is, if you would kindly explain.. or provide links

11. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Guido Trampe and donShere like this.
  12. Robbiexsstar

I'm happy to know my post laugh you, but I prefered you ask explanation about my words before you classified as "bull****".;)

If you want record an "artistic" video of AC you need a good pc because game capture software (example: fraps) use CPU and so reduce fps.
    Some people use Nvidia shadowplay to record video and they lose less fps.
    A good mouse is required because mouse movements in AC are not smooth as you use a slider or a dolly or a gimball in real life.
    I suppose a mouse with a lot of DPI could be usefull for the final result (it's my supposition but unfortunately I haven't try to record a video with a gaming mouse).

And at least virtual camera.
    Did you ever use 3d camera in adobe after effect?

I saw a few digital artist simulate dolly, slider or free hand camera in their video on AC and they don't want share their secrets.

Please don't laugh too noisy when you read this post.

13. Robbiexsstar

Parts of that video are made in Kunos:D

14. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

NOBODY said anything was bull**** apart from you my friend. All i said was we found it amusing at work... So maybe you are the only one that thinks it is bull**** ?? :confused:
    I did ask for an explanation, on the part i didn't understand what you was talking about (the virtual PP camera), but i didn't need to ask for something to be explained to me when i already understand it (regarding the mouse and high end pc)
    lol we was only laughing at the fact you listed a gaming mouse as being an important needed piece of tech to record fancy game videos, which simply isnt correct, that amused us :)

In regards to mice. A gaming mouse is not required to have smooth or consistent camera movements, even a mouse that has a high or variable DPI (like mine, i use it for creating cg models and animations) is not needed. Anything better than a $10 mouse is all that is required, well..... having a steady hand and a smooth surface to move the mouse over is also nice to have, but yeah you really don't need ANY fancy equipment for recording game videos of any kind.
    Neither is a powerful PC required.. up until last month, i was using a 3.1ghz AMD dual core, 4gb of ram and a 1gb gfx card computer.. I have been recording game footage fine for years.. and then piping it through Adobe after effects and/or premier, without any problems.. Admittedly those things will make your life a little easier, but they are far from "NEEDED"

I agree Shadowplay uses less system resources than Fraps.. Until about 1 year ago i would only ever used fraps for recording game footage, then i started using shadowplay and yes it is MUCH easier on the computer hardware when using shadowplay. But that is simply down to the way Fraps "partially" encodes their videos, compared to the way shadowplay does it.;)

And yes i have used the 3d camera in AE, ive used most aspects of AE. I'm adobe certified, which means, i took tests to prove i can train other people (tv studios mostly) how to use After effects and Premiere..
    I can kind of see how and why you would refer to those as virtual post production cameras. Because you are using a (sort of) post production application and it has a feature which is a "virtual" camera. But i think you may have got your terminology slightly muddled. While Yes after effects (why everyone gets such a boner over AE i don't know, it's not THAT awesome) is used for post production by some people, If you are using its in built feature of a 3d camera to get new shots/angles not previously recorded, you are STILL producing new footage, its not POST production until after you have finished creating all of your footage and you are ready to edit it (Post means after, so if you are still creating new stuff its still the production phase) Thats also why i do not consider After effects to be a true post production application, in fact most people in the professional trade do not consider After effect to be the final step of production, Premiere is.. The general pipeline of someone working in a editing house is.. Record footage, load footage into AE to add effects/ do stuff not originally captured in the recording, THEN pass that project over to Premiere for the final editing and pass over to make sure all the colour grades and such are ok. Its generally kids, amateurs and hobbyists that think AE is the be all and end all to creating videos ,when really its just one of the steps taken in creating a finished and polished video segment..

The way you said it kind of made it sound like there was a special camera type device used in the actual post production phase, after you had finished creating all of your footage. When you actually meant a simulated "virtual " camera to create more/newer video footage during the production phase.. I was envisioning some kind of real physical "3d virtual space" camera (which do exist) in something like premiere. And thats why i had no clue what you was talking about and DID ask for an explanation for that bit...

There are several good reasons why people don't want to share their secrets, have you ever heard the phrase "A magician never reveals how the trick was done" If you can do something that others cannot, that makes you special, you have a gift or talent.. People could really use that talent themselves, but if you go telling everybody how to do what you do, you are no longer special, nobody needs you anymore, why pay THAT guy to do the job for you when you could just learn it and do it yourself. People retain information so that doesn't happen..
    Some people also retain information just to be an *** to others. But the majority of the time, people will not teach others how to do what they can do, simply because it takes away from that person.
    The only people i teach how to use After effect and premiere are people who pay me.. Simply because i know they need to know for their job and as they have paid a lot of money for me to teach them properly, they are not gonna go away and show everybody around them how to do it, they have just bought into the "magicians secret"... :cool:

TL/DR so to sum up. Nobody said you was talking bull**** apart from you. The thing we found funny was your claim on needing a gaming mouse to be able to record decent game footage (you dont see many CG artists or video editors using gaming mice) I agree about Shadowplay over Fraps.. And the only thing i didn't understand i VERY clearly asked for an explanation.. Which you answered for me... It wasn't quite the answer i was expecting, but you still answered it for me. And i explained why people won't just give up their secrets on how to do something that some other user cannot do..

All in all i think that resolved everything.. Take it easy dude. :cool:

Patrik Marek likes this.
  15. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

So how much would you charge to edit/PP/magically make us look good, our league races to make them look professional? :cool::p:D

16. Robbiexsstar

Nobby76 I don't know why you write so "angry" against me.
    I'm not a professional videomaker (as like 90-99% people buyed AC) but I try to share my little experience with other people.
    I don't want know any secret from experienced videomaker (and I will not pay to know it LOL), but I know there isn't only a way to simulate camera movement in AC.
    I try to share my experience (I tryed to simulate camera movement in AC with an "aged" Q6600 and I did something polite :D) because I'm not a magician and I have not secret tricks to protect or to sell.

I think internet and forums is a good way for people to talk and share knowledge and experience.
    Someone think that too and someone is jealous about knowledge.
    Point of views.

Take it easy too. ;)

17. daubster

daubster Alien

That video was probably made during a short period when all the values in "camera_onboard_free" did actually work, now we can only adjust the slow cam movement (MIN_MULT).

So instead of demanding stuff maybe we should just ask for allowing us to adjust "MOUSE_LOOK_SPEED" and "MOVE_SPEED" - then it would be possible to replicate the moves in that vid.

18. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Yeah, I titled it "I demand..." jokingly but still, I tried it today and it seems you're right. Is there a way to disable apps btw? Because when you move the mouse around to move the "camera" you can make apps pop up.

19. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

WOW i really don't know how to converse with stupidity on that level... Im really at a loss how anyone could be so stupid to think that this :) means i am being "angry" to someone.

20. Robbiexsstar

@Nobby76: I don't know really what you want.
    I expressed my point of view and you replied "Heheheh that is the funniest thing i have ever heard.".
    I think is not the good way to start a discussion.
    By the way I explained my point of view about topic and you did the same.

Maybe you and I don't understand each other (or maybe I'm too "stupid" to discuss with you).
    No matter for me it's not a problem.

Take it easy. ;)