1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic So it begins

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Brownninja97, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I don´t really know why people are so critical, console and racing games, including sims are kinda made for each other in my opinion. You can easily put it up, put your wheelstand infront of a good TV and enjoy yourself. For the casual racer, that uses his PC for other stuff, too, it often is quite a compromise to built a setup that is good for driving, but suits comfortable office work, too.

I´d consider myself a casual racer, too (Well, 632h in AC...), and I love AC, the feeling and the possibilities. I liked other stuff before, like the first Grid game, but those never got me hooked. I guess this will happen for a lot of console users, too, and it might be the perfect chance to offer realistic racing to a wider audience.
    I won´t be using the console version any time soon, as there is no room for a couch, TV, console or wheelstand in my appartment, and so I am quite okay with a desktop compromise solution for myself, but I´d like the other way, too.

mrk1001, Jebus, LeDude83 and 3 others like this.
  2. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I think it's BS

console is just hadware, and unless you are comparing to tripple screens ( that most people DON'T HAVE) there is no difference between running AC on PC or Console .. it's still SAME GAME, SAME CODE
    so I don't udnerstand all the BS talk about how AC on consoles is like top hat on pig ...

RoccoTTS, GTAce and mrk1001 like this.
  3. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Honestly I am jealous like the first son is always jealous of the second son.. he'll get all the attention! :mad:

Fear and Housemania like this.
  4. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

So the peasants get their own section?

Goood, goood :D

jk jk, whalecum to the forumz :)

5. william1141

william1141 Simracer

i am actually preparing to see this console section to be bashed by arcade racers because they ''can't'' drive the cars. i will laugh to see them struggling trying to get these monsters through the corners XD

6. Horus

Horus Alien

This idea that some console racers are not up for a real challenge is rather bizarre. I have had a PC from right back with the ZX Spectrum 48k, but I loved my PS2 and bought a MOMO wheel for Gran Turismo but wanted more so ended up finding GTR and fell in love straight away. So even by my own experience it was the console driving games that got me into PC pretend racing.

It is not fair to tar and feather a whole community just because a few a rather eccentric when it comes to driving, let's face it there are enough loons in the open servers to give the naughty console drivers a run for the barrier, or T1 whichever comes first. If I had a console I am sure I would buy AC just for that instant access to a great racing title. Well hopefully a great title, we will find out in due time.

esox71 and Seria17hri11er like this.
  7. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

:D
    Ha Ha! ZX Spectrum 48k! I joined the computer club at school where we had a ZX80 (note the "a" as in singular) and a tape recorder for storage, I soon found out that this was not for me as I was a really bad speller , no spell check back in them days!

Yeah! the Xbox 360 also kicked me into PC simracing. Even though I have had a few racing games on the PC before the 360 console with the likes of TOCA Race Driver, F1 , Dirt and believe it or not Track Mania, I think the limitations of my PC, keyboard and a real basic MadKatz wheel at the time I did not put the hours in that I do today. When I got a bit of disposable cash got the 360 for the family and Forza Motorsport 4 for my son’s birthday. Well He was not hooked on FM4 but would rather drive Track Mania so I took FM4 and the console over. I was hooked! had a MS Speed wheel and I took part in league racing. But that came to a bit of a holt when things moved on to FM5 and the XBone. The upgrade and the desire for a better FFB wheel was going to cost quite a bit , I also needed to upgrade my PC for other reasons. So in the end the PC won the upgrade and I added a G27. The Xbox gathered dust only to be booted up for my daughter’s occasional “Just Dance” sessions.

I got AC early access and have never looked back. I did upgrade one of my F1 titles but very few hours on that. Was all excited about Project Cars, got it when it came out but also few hours on that too, great graphics but it is lacking something. Dirt Rally is the only distraction from AC but AC is my top drive.

So the console was a catalyst in my passion for sim but needs and AC make me a PC guy, I could not go back to the console without a wheel and getting a wheel for that is certainly not going to happen, rather spend money on PC and rig upgrades

Seria17hri11er, Racert46 and Horus like this.
  8. SvenUilhoorn

SvenUilhoorn Racer

AC won't work on consoles because the sim racing audience there is just too small and they probably get fed up with the game before it's actually 100% working.

To succeed on consoles I think a racer needs at least 2 our of 4 of the following:
    - a career that's fun & rewarding (NFS titles, Grid's, PGR, F1 titles, Dirt 2,3)
    - (graphic) customization (Forza, NFS titles)
    - excellent multiplayer (PGR, Forza, F1 titles)
    - bro-dude stuff (Dirt 2,3, Forza)
    (PlayStation titles left out, I know they exist, but haven't really experienced the recent ones)

See how both pCars (XB1) and Race Pro (360) each don't/didn't have one of them?

And that's before the general public found out they were both buggy messes.

9. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Project cars sold a **** load of copies no clue what you are on about. Thanks to that and forza a lot of people have wheels on consoles, hell consoel wheel sales are vastly superior to pc sales. Stop judging before it arrives.

Horus, LeDude83 and Seria17hri11er like this.
  10. It seems like a good point, but, what data do you base that off of? Just your own personal experience and people you have known? Relying simply on one's own personal experience is a recipe for failure. Brownninja97 had some good data.

11. SvenUilhoorn

SvenUilhoorn Racer

Due to the marketing team, yep. Since Kunos doesn't employ half the Russian army to take care of that.. I also know a lot of people fell out quickly with pCars (our community ran series in them). Not very significant maybe, but considering the amount of bugs I can hardly imagine the general public kept playing it.

But you're right, not much to do about it, we'll find out soon enough :D

12. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

well normally you will out marketing you would expect things to be stacked up againest them however its not really the case. Marketing isnt the only factor.

Playstation 4 is the behemoth to attack. there are a lot of trigger people just waiting for a semi decent racing game to hit their console, try have driveclub and project cars and a demo for gt sport in the future, next to nothing for a such a large audience.

Xbox while having forza still has a number of issues and a lot of people will back up pcars because of its physics, it made a few people call out the silly snap oversteer in forza.

Paired with racers that have racing wheels but few games to play them, then indirect marketing from massively popular social media, people like Car throttle, Jalopnik or bloody Top Gear constantly phrase Assetto corsa, there are a lot of gear heads on console and i imagine they will be heavily interested.

Then there are the big boy reviewers, if someone like IGN reviews AC then its gonna do great, Luke Reily at IGN spends a lot of time talking about physics in his reviews, if the largest reviewing group(regardless of its trustability) rates it highly then its going places.

The game has problems, it doesnt follow the trend that most console games face, its diving head first. Assetto corsa's console sales will show how powerful social media is.

LeDude83 likes this.
  13. SvenUilhoorn

SvenUilhoorn Racer

Is there actually data available about that high number of wheels sold for PlayStation and XboxOne? I honestly can't imagine the numbers being high since there's relatively few products available and most of them weren't exactly even comparable to their PC counterparts.

I've raced in multiple leagues on Forza and even there the number of wheels was quite low; probably between 1 out of 5 and 1 out of 10, and among these were leagues with players that played a lot of Forza. Can't imagine the average Joe spending money on a wheel if he only plays 2/3 hours a week (again, I know there's a big amount of players that don't race in leagues who do spend considerable amounts of time on the game..).

So I'm really interested in the data if it's there.

14. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

not that im aware of but all wheels were pretty much out of stock everywhere when the project cars arrived for a few months

15. Horus

Horus Alien

SvenUilhoorn, a few things to mull over.

1) Why would Logitech make the PS2/3/4 compatible Momo/G25/G27/G29, if there were no wheelie big interest in the console market.
    2) There are so many arcade racing games on consoles, a 'sim' racing title is very much amiss. Even Race07 is getting in on the act. Expect wheels to sell well to console owners.
    3) PCs have been the only devices that were capable of running Sims because of hardware limitations. That is now not the case with the most modern of consoles, they have specs similar to mid range PCs allowing for more system intensive workloads.
    4) Looking only at historic gaming activity would make most developers keep to the same old same old, meaning none would have made imaginative games/sims (obviously not the case, Surgeon Simulator kind of proves that).
    5) Kunos have checked and double checked the desire in the console market and gather that they could make a few quid and create some very happy customers bored of the 'Same old same old arcade games'.
    6) Do you really think those that made broken/buggy games have uneasy, sleepless nights and worry about the failures they released on the gaming community? It matters little to most developers if their products stink, (FANBOY STATEMENT INCOMING) Kunos seem to be one of a very few that really do care about their product and community.

You seem to base all of Your thoughts and preferences without any data or credible sources. If there was no desire for a racing 'Sim' then why have three, that I know of, developers gone down this road? There's money in them there consoles, as people like the plug and play nature of them, but get turned off by the idea of PC upgrades, fault finding, virus, failures. Let's face it you can buy all the consoles you want for the price of just one big GPU upgrade.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  16. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

What a brilliant idea from Kunos - let's rip the console players from cash, and give new cars and laserscanned tracks to PC owners instead... muhahahahaaaa... Lord Kunos is indeed a genious of evil :cool:

Housemania likes this.
  17. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

It's true, can't paint all console users as Need4Speed-MountainDew-Dudebros. There's definitely people out there that want a challenging, realistic racing sim but either can't afford or just can't have a quality PC. I, too, was once a console plebe, playing Forza titles on console and wishing for something more realistic, and just dealing with it until I could afford a good PC. Forza is good, but I wanted more authenticity. One thing that AC has that will scream to those that want a quality, authentic racing sim on consoles: its reputation as arguably the best PC racing sim available. Casual gamers gonna game casually, but for the sim-minded console user, AC with be all the rage based on its rep alone. Just hope there's a helluva lotta sim-minded console gamers out there for KS to cash in...

Michael Hornbuckle, Octane and Horus like this.
  18. Horus

Horus Alien

I think you just hit the nail on the heads, expense. It is very expensive to run a PC, it never matters how good it is there is always something else to buy to make it better. Personally I think there are a lot of racers hidden behind consoles that want something closer to real racing than bouncing off of walls and using bumpers as breaks. Good post Chazz. :)

Mr.Mugel likes this.
  19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I really dont think you can stereotype people by the hardware they use, after all how many of you have been on an open pub server in AC or Pcars on PC. The general user is far from a sim enthusiast as most cant even drive or have any interest in proper racing. This is the reason we needed things such as minorating to help filter out the more casual people so the more serious sim orientated people could race in pub servers with other like minded people.

I dont think the user base is much different really between steam and a console, pretty sure many have both a pc and console and the only reason I ever bough any consoles was back in the day to play gran tourismo pretty much and bought a couple other games later. I haven't had a console in ages or any interest in them as hardware wise they are pretty much mid range pc spec at time of release and hang around for years while PC hardware greatly improves. Consoles dont do triple screen or very high res for obvious hardware limitations of them but the one advantage of them is everyone using it shares the same hardware. In PC if you haven't got a mid to high end PC then your likely better off getting a console if there are games on it that you want also available on PC.

Some people that have AC on lower end systems and also own one of the consoles will likely be better off getting a copy for their console as it will probably run better and consoles are still quite a bit cheaper then even a decent GPU let alone an entire mid to high end PC if someone doesnt already have one.

20. Horus

Horus Alien

I am often to be found in open servers, even the ALOOG server I play with is open and without MR. The only reason I mentioned PC spec's is that I have looked at quite a few on the forum and there are not that many that have real monsters, most have medium/low spec hardware, so we are in agreement about consoles on that score too. I think you misread or misunderstood what I posted, as you have typed exactly what I have in that post and my previous ones. :)

Seria17hri11er likes this.