1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.5 Update is out!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by VTX, Mar 31, 2016.

1. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

On the matter of tyres and tyre app, I've just noticed something (sorry if it's already been brought up N times). Both GT3 Softs and GT2/E Super SuperSofts have no "10%" break in during the outlap. On the other hand, Softs on Huracan ST still need this wear in, and the wear bars go from red to green as expected (while the graph still has a full bar).

Out of curiosty, in the skd ini files I've also noticed that GT2/E tyres have an optimal 35psi listed, instead of 33psi like GT3s.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  2. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

I'd say the last option is certainly possible, obviously the bars appearance is dependent on how fast the tyre wears in relation to how much of tyre there is to wear out.

Simple enough to test if the data is completely borked and showing the same data for both sides, grab a car (e.g. lotus 49), mismatch rear tyre pressures, open the diff, drive up to a wall, floor it.

Got into fourth before I noticed that the bar had dropped way more than enough to take a shot :p
    [​IMG]

So definitely not showing the same data for both sides.

Sidenote, when do the tires burst from heat? I just now noticed the temperatures I'd generated :D

3. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

At least in previous versions, you'd need damage enabled for tyres to burst, not only wear.

sacredaardvark likes this.
  4. Hoolz

Hoolz Gamer

Hello,

Regarding the 1.5 update; Is the track Trento Bondone going to be updated aswell ?
    Track is awesome :)

Also, 1.5 overhauled the game in my opinion. Keep up the good work Kunos :) it keeps getting better and better. still amazed.

5. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

Ah, yes, of course, well good that I had it off for that test :D

6. nope.. that's why we added also the colours to those bars. The fact is, wear in AC is complex and it really doesn't lend itself to be appropriately expressed with a bar.
    My personal opinion is that it shouldn't be there at all.. the app to check tyre wear has been there since the first version of AC.. it's called "laptime"... and the decision about the tyre level of wear/grip in the particular part of whatever you are trying to achieve can only be taken by you, no bar can tell you when it's time to change.

Perhaps the scale is not enough to show you differences but the colours will.

7. fabT

fabT Alien

I'm curious to see what happens when you reach half of the wear bar ... at about 2/3 the grip decay is already quite noticeable, meaning i struggle to keep my E30 on track ;)

8. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

lap times start to suffer

I did 25 laps with 650S GT3 at Spa with hard tyres.

Around lap 18 both front and rear went to half bar yellow.

Started losing lap time every single lap after that to the finish by the end of race I was losing around 1 second to my session best time.

only thing that doesn't work yet is AI doesn't lose any time they can do 25 laps on mediums with no time loss.

9. fabT

fabT Alien

I did some 20 laps races with DTM/GT cars (on medium tyres) and started seeing noticeable grip degradation at about half race.
    At about 3/4 of the race my pace was already reduced by about 2-3 seconds.
    Ended the race with about 2/3 of the "wear" bar\.

Seems to me that AI pilots do suffer from wear in average, but faster ones show almost no slowdown, while it's massive for slower ones.

10. it depends on the tyre... each tyre is different, so all you know is that you're half way through the point where your tyre might explode. What that means for your situation is not something that the software can figure out for you.

TDS and sacredaardvark like this.
  11. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

I am not sure it's that cut and dry. Again, this is only in reference to the Lotus 125S1; as my other car the 98T doesn't seem to have changed that much.

After V1.5 at Spa it seemed like I could step on the go fast pedal after the Bus Stop where as with anything before V1.5 I had to be gentle with throttle application. It's as if TC is on even though it isn't.

Ultimately I want it to be as accurate to real life as possible. If V1.5 is it then great, but I doubt the 125 S1 is that easy to drive. Since I normally complain about empty open wheel servers; maybe this will increase available drivers out there and be a good thing overall. For me the jury is still out on that one.

12. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Might seem like a silly question, but I don't run races long enough to find out and never had that "problem", so I'll ask.
    Does it mean that if I (just an example) drive xx laps with soft tyres and I mean pushing them as much as I can, they will blow up/I get a puncture at some point?
    And second question. Was it like that before?

13. at the moment they won't, but they might in the future. The truth is that the performance goes so low that it's not really something you'll see unless you are trying to do it on purpose.

14. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

No tyres won't blow up. (edit: oops Stefano ninja'd me)

Easy reading of the app:
    The main thing to look at is the color of the wear bar. Simply put, at yellow you're under 98% or 97% of grip, can't remember. At red you're below 95% of grip. It's not that the cars are undriveable (although some of you might think so, it's personal preference), but you'll certainly lose a lot of laptime so you might want to pitstop.

More complicated explanation:
    AC uses "virtual KM" for tyre wear. The "virtualKM" value will only raise if the tyres are "working". For example, vKM will not raise if you're driving at moderate speed on the straights... actually it will raise but by a very very limited amount. In that way you could drive as in real street roads and have tyres that can last... thousands of kms.
    When you push your tyres generating slipangle, then the vKM value will raise. When you push your tyres while cold or overheated, the vKM will raise even more. When you push your tyres and superior load because of stiff suspension or stiff dampers or weight (fuel load) or downforce, then your vKM will raise even more and so on, you get the picture.

Then we have a lookup table that defines what grip you get at what vKM value... so we can make tyres that degrade slowly but in a linear way, stay stable for a long time, or do whatever trick we might want them to do. So we know how a tyre degrades, but we don't know how and when because it depends on how you drive, what car, on what circuit, what ambient conditions, what setup and so on...

That's why the app shows you a generic vKM graph (the bar lowering) but the main thing to look at is the colour, which shows you what % of grip you get from the tyre.

Makes sense? :p

15. fabT

fabT Alien

Ok got it, thanks.

16. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Argh, darn colors xD, red/green issues here... No big deal though, as I mostly drive without any apps, it´s just nice to check out that app for the temperatures. Redoing my setups these days for tyre temperatures and it´s amazing, feels almost like cheating... (Well it kinda is, as those tyre temperature sensors won´t be cheap and the average trackday driver or race team won´t buy that stuff, but well, technically interesting at least!)

Love to fiddle with this stuff a lot since the update!

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'm aware that it's the only new value that's not a placeholder, I didn't know that it was implemented with 1.4 already. If it was already implemented in 1.4 water temperature still only got actually displayed on digital displays with 1.5 onwards. It wasn't there in the official race cars in 1.4.

18. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

That's what I thought also, but was curious about the hypothetical possibility of achieving this.
    I'm not a physics "dude", but actually it does.

Thanks for answers guys.

Epistolarius likes this.
  19. liakjim

liakjim Alien

This vKM methodology troubles me. Sometimes i can't understand why in a race, the soft compound is better option than medium or hard.

example - > http://managerdc2.rackservice.org:50299/sessiondetails?sessionid=7307#

race was a 25lap (45') race in Monza with C9. Tarmac temperature was 40C.
    Look at drivers 1-4. They were with softs!!!!
    Driver No5 which is equally fast as a guy, he used mediums for the whole race, he did zero mistakes and he ended 90'' after 1st guy!!! He lost more than 2secs a lap (ok with this), but how is it possible that softs with 95% grip, managed to finished the race?
    Even more, Akis made his fastest lap at 1-2 laps before the end of race!!!!
    Driver 4, he started with hards, was unable to heat them, he did a pitstop with softs and still passed driver 5 who had still mediums!!!!

So even if the race was 1hour long, it would be still best to just put softs, do a pitstop and still win.

So i am asking, when will mediums or hards tyres will be best as option?

20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well if that's 1.4 did you compare to 1.5 before asking when it will change?