1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

All time favourite track in sim racing

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by 5 Red Lights, Apr 17, 2016.

1. 5 Red Lights

5 Red Lights Gamer

After some years in sim racing, I'm still loving Spa. This is my absolute favourite track of all time and I love the version featured in Assetto Corsa. It feels pretty much perfect to me and looks absolutely amazing on ultra settings. Also really enjoying this track in Raceroom. That version doesn't look quite as good, but Sector 3 has also done a fine job in nailing the feel of the circuit in terms of layout. In this regard, I feel there isn't a clear winner between the Kuno/Sector 3 versions of the track.

sergioloro likes this.
  2. Spinelli

Spinelli Simracer

This is such a difficult question to answer. However, I'd have to say that I think ISI makes/made some of the best, and possibly the best, fantasy tracks in the business. Toban (short, long, short reverse, long reverse), Mills (all it's layouts), Essington, Sardian Heights (all layouts), and Lienz (all layouts) are epic. Just Toban and it's layouts alone destroy most real-life tracks in my opinion. Even their oval-road-course track (can't remember the name) is better than most oval-road-courses in real-life.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    5 Red Lights likes this.
  3. 5 Red Lights

5 Red Lights Gamer

Interesting you site fantasy tracks as your favourites. Are the tracks you mentioned all rFactor 1/2 circuits, as I've not played either sim? However, I do have a particular penchant, for many of the original tracks featured in the early Gran Tourism games. These include the likes of Apricot Hill Raceway, Autumn Ring, Deep Forest, El Capitan, Super Speedway, Trail Mountain and Special Stage route 5. My absolute favourite track in the GT franchise, has to be the Seattle street circuit. The circuit is made up from real streets, but the course itself doesn't actually exist. Not sure if that qualifies it as a fantasy or real track.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Simracer

I haven't played much Gran Turismo but there are some bloody great street tracks in Project Gotham Racing 2 and 4 that would make fantastic circuits on PC sims. Many of the PGR street tracks had curbs and such too - made them feel like they were actually prepared for a racing event.

Yes, the ISI tracks are from RF1 and have either been updated or ported over to RF2. The tracks themselves are fantastic. There are so many great corners and other track-characteristics (elevation changes, bumps, etc.). Just one example of many is the final sector of Toban in reverse (short or long but even more-so long); it would be breathtaking to take or watch in real-life.

5. 5 Red Lights

5 Red Lights Gamer

You're right. Loved PGR 2,3 and 4 in particular (apart from the inclusion of bikes). The games featured some amazing fantasy street circuits.

Spinelli likes this.
  6. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

With your rig i will enjoy all tracks

Lately im loving Bathurst on Ac,

Well done made track that's been underrated in my opinion

esox71 and PuffTheMagicBelgian like this.
  7. 5 Red Lights

5 Red Lights Gamer

Thanks mate.

Bathurst? I take it that's a mod? Love the track in Raceroom and P Cars. Would love to try it in AC. Have you got a dl link my any chance?

8. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

yup, indeed a mod, but a very good one :)

here you go : http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bathurst.8677/

PuffTheMagicBelgian likes this.
  9. 5 Red Lights

5 Red Lights Gamer

10. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

no problem dude, can't wait for the video :p :):)

11. 5 Red Lights

5 Red Lights Gamer

Haha:D. I'll add it to the forever going list of videos I want to make.

_Fulgore_ likes this.
  12. TDS

TDS Alien

Kunos version of Nordschleife all layouts.
    Its just my all time fav, now with laser scanned baloons is even better lols

13. 5 Red Lights

5 Red Lights Gamer

I only race the standard version of the track, but as you say, I think it's the best version out there. And you're right, you've gotta love those balloons.

14. 5 Red Lights

5 Red Lights Gamer

Managed to have a quick 30 minute blast on Bathurst tonight. Must say, I absolutely love it. I realise it may not be the most accurate version out there, but it's still a ton of fun and it looks great too.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

15. TDS

TDS Alien

now mod track is bridgehamptom
    By Lilski. here and at RD.
    Oh man Oh man... that is track modding finest art right there.So much fun to race anything in; with a great high resolution phisycal mesh; feels like a laserscan.

16. PuffTheMagicBelgian

PuffTheMagicBelgian Hardcore Simmer

I have nothing other then real life footage on YT to compare it with, and it's indeed not 100% accurate. But still a lot of fun.
    I wish we had this track laser-scanned on par with the other Kunos tracks...

[​IMG]

On topic: My all-time favorite AC track = A tie between Spa Francorchamps (Belgian track :D) and The Nordschleife (All layout's)
    If someone was twisting my arm i would say Spa Francorchamps most likely (patriotism is hard to kill). Nordschleife if a German was doing the twisting :)

5 Red Lights likes this.
  17. 5 Red Lights

5 Red Lights Gamer

Haha. It's a tough call, but Spa just wins it for me and I can say that without having a Belgian twist any of my body parts:D. As for a laser scanned version of Bathurst, we can but hope.

18. 5 Red Lights

5 Red Lights Gamer

Hmmm - will have to give this a try.

19. PuffTheMagicBelgian

PuffTheMagicBelgian Hardcore Simmer

Riverside by same creator is shaping up to be another great track! LilSki is da man!

20. Linus27

Linus27 Simracer

I have a couple of all time favourite tracks, both very different. The first is Monaco. I love the precision and the balance of getting it right or ending up binning it. The challenge of being fast enough and accurate enough I love. Plus I love the history of the place.

My other favourite track is Sebring. No idea why as it does not have anything special about it but I just adore driving it. I love the bumps and the washed out/broken tarmac/concrete look but I just love driving it to bits.

I also seem to like Monza quite a lot.

On a different note, I can confirm, AC's version of Brands is probably the closest virtual version around. I was at the real track last week doing a track day and afterwards, fired up IRacing and AC and IRacing is pretty inaccurate in terms of kerbs, run off's and general look and feel. AC on the other hand was very very close. The only thing that both games got wrong was the steepness of the drop down paddock hill. It's so much steeper in real life. I'm off to Spa on Tuesday so looking forward to comparing that to the AC/Iracing version.