1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

A mass incident would not count all those contacts as far as I understand the system. I had a look at one of the races in that server yesterday, this is a 6 lap race lol and check out the number of contacts through the field. http://52.62.170.191:50041/sessiondetails

If thats not rubbish racing with very poor racing standards then I dont know anything. Worst driver in there had 47 contacts in 6 laps (stracker does count both sides of the collision so you can half that number) After seeing this I made that an ABN server and changed the combo. I then put those cars in an AB only server. Most have had more then 1 contact per lap and many have had 3 or more per lap.

If you think thats a server worth joining and staying in then I dont think I or minorating can possibly help you.

This is exactly why Minolin is working on his own server launcher. If thats the case then MR really is failing and the reason its failing is because of the large number of AB and C drivers they still dont look for servers only on these grades. We need people to actually look out for these servers specificaly and make it something thats shown for its clear advantage of good solid clean racing.

Make it a reason why people will aim to maintain this rating as thats where the best racing would be. Have the other servers be more of just a stepping stone on the way to AB rather then the goto place for racing. There really is no point using MR servers open to all and so your really not getting anything from it other then possibly getting a worse rating then you should have.

Andy-R likes this.
  2. Well, I was only on that server for a couple of races, and the first one was uneventful for me. I can't comment on whether it was the race version of the OK Corral outside those times :)

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

No, there is no way this [kick] system could work. It's not possible.

4. So please enlighten me why it can't work like it was intented. And please tell me how to handle high pingers (bad quality), wreckers, blue flag ignorance, blockers, life time parkers and so on?

To all other: Its right I've to drive 10km inside of a range of 20m of an another car without any contact to get back B grade?

Or what is the best way to go?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  5. GardenPT

GardenPT Gamer

I'm a careful driver and try to not hit anyone, be fair and let people through when they seem faster, etc, and I went from Grade A to Grade C in one race, in 3 occasions with 2 other drivers... The system has a great intention and seems like a good idea, but I don't think it works very well... This is probably a bit off-topic, but... Try SRS (simracingsystem.com). I absolutely love racing there, everyone is respectful. I've never ever seen a wrecker or a bad driver that crashes too much (even if unintentionally). Sure, SRS only has certain races at specific times, but oh well...

6. It leaves some doubts arise about the system when you (over 1800h) or me (over 1100h) with a C grade in the same position like a rookie. :confused:

7. McStinger

McStinger Racer

Dear guys,

I am a well known driver (some of the forum here know me as well as a driver), not least being top5-driver for more than a year in our huge european community "Schwarzbierbude.de" - me myself with more than 1.200 h experience AC, and I guess more than 45.000km AC online-racing). Our community headline = "clean & fair". Also some ALOOG drivers (GT2/Spa, MR A/B) know me pretty well as a "clean & fair" driver.

But: after RedPack was out i liked to race online the 488Gt3, e.g. at the server mentioned above aas well as others, and I had to realize that I lost MR A/B in less 2 days racing A/B/C/N servers. AND: realized that is was hard or impossible to get back to A/B on MR A/B/C or A/B/C/N servers (= start crashes, crashes into my car while racing, crashes with my car INTO EXIDENTS of cars in front of me or at overlapping/ignorant overlapped cars and so on...).

Yetserday I had the worst experience: raced 488GT3 at RBR while my grade was "C", than my last 2 races
    - race 1: got crashed T1 starting first row + several lighte contacts throuot the race
    - race 2: got crashed T2 (as poor as race 1) + had a heavy impact into a car after turn 1 full throttle when 3 cars in front of me crashed like idiots... than I leaved

Result 1: server said: no more C = YOU ARE D now!!! me!!??? wow!!!
    Result 2: as smme other guys asked here = how to get back to C, IF YOU CANT JOIN A SINGLE SERVER with MR A/B or A/B/C or A/B/C/N to get back frpm D to C!!??????? I couldnt found A SINGLE online server (for HOURS on an sunday = today) with MR D allowed (and drivers) to get back to "C"!!!

At least: I cant even join our own 9 community servers running MR A/B/C or A/B/C/N!!!!
    As a experienced Top 5 or Top3 driver THIS IS SO DAMN POOR to me (and rediculous)!

Any tip for me what to do (next to an PM I`ve send to Minolin)?

Thx in advance guys!

After_Midnight likes this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Have you ran many AB only servers? If not minorating is doing nothing and in AB servers I have very rarely ever needed to warn anyone let alone kick or ban them. Allow N grade and anyone new can join so minorating hasnt any onfo about them and they can be anything. Have C and D in then the only people not allowed are those that are wrecker rated.
    Sounds like you dont have empty servers visible. There will be more then enough servers with d grade and you can run on your own in there and some clean running will get to c grade especially if you have already ran lots of close combat racing in the past.

Guys your better off running non MR servers then ABCN or worse. Looking for only full servers allowing those grades and more your simply asking for trouble so dont complain after jo8ning them and finding trouble. If you want full anything goes servers avoid minorating ones as the system is doing nothing there anyway so why would you bother. If I was going to join a full server it would have to be at the very least ABC. More open servers with less people can be ok as you can avoid the crazies.

Look at the contacts in that 5 lap race I posted its horrible and I have no idea why anyone would ever look to join a busy server without strict filtering that is as bad as that.

9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

i think Chris has shown the reason why he is C himself. He has set himself very strict rules on which cars he will drive and how many players need to be in there, which i assume means the MR settings of the server are an after thought to these other rules at best. I havent seen you online and dont know what servers you race in but i think Chris would do well to replace his strict rules about vanilla content, car type & player count with strict rules on server settings (active admin, MR settings that allow only at and above your grade etc) if Minorating is important to him.

if you are in the habit of joining servers that allow lower grades than your own, i dont think it is fair to blame Minorating when you suffer the consequences.

martcerv likes this.
  10. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

[​IMG]

11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Because 99% of the time it's impossible to judge if an appeal is justified or not.
    Yes, there are the obvious cases of someone constantly wrecking people or something similar, but that's about the 1% where it works.
    However, in such a case, minorating will likely work much better rendering the kick feature obsolete.

Most of the time there is just this one guy who is pissed of because he had a crash and wants people to kick the guy he made contact with.
    And then he requests the vote again and again because not everyone jumped on the vote instantly.

I've also been in that situation some time ago on Mugello. There was a guy I overtook as I was just much much faster than him.
    Then he requested a kick for me, because I'm a wrecker. We didn't even make contact and the way I overtook him (after the last chicane) was absolutely fair.
    No idea what his problem was, but I guess he was just pissed off because I overtook him …

So yes, I stand by my opinion that the kick vote feature is useless, broken and cannot work properly.

12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Easiest : find a friend and have together a race , where you are in a close distance.
    You will go from D to AB in 10 laps ( I did that to a friend of mine not long ago )

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Hagen likes this.
  13. liakjim

liakjim Alien

To all people : minorating is the best thing that happened to AC.
    Consider all your races like real. Avoid contacts at all cost or else you get consequences ( like dying in real life).
    Avoid contacts even if your loose a place.
    Also when you see yellow flags, slow down.
    Incidents will happen but from my experience, system as it is today is protecting clean drivers.
    Last thing, never enter a non AB server .
    It's better to be non mr instead of ABC.
    Gl

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Hagen, tabis, Ace Pumpkin and 2 others like this.
  14. No it don't work for me. I've tested it in two races RBR. Of course minorating server. I started back in the last position ( doing no counted lap in qualy) and cruise close behind the last driver. Really close behind. Doing this two races. Without any contact. So 16 laps should count. Still C grade...

15. TDS

TDS Alien

i did a 8 races event at aloog 6 .. endurance nords 5 laps.. for ABC MR only.
    We had very little accidents and some very close racing.. and the accidents were caused by AB drivers so.. a C driver can be a very clean driver too, probly rencently demoted.
    and a AB not so clean. food for thought hehehe

16. TDS

TDS Alien

btw
    i find very, VERY, hard to hit a C grade.. really, be a B rating is so easy, to maintain it is also very easy.
    remember that the last 1000km are of the most importance afaik for minorating system
    (hence giving the opportunity for people to upgrade and improving their driving skills and grades).

im approaching 28.000 km ran on MR servers and i never downgraded to C, even when i had my share of unintentional contacts and T1 carnage's wipes from behind like pinball.

Hagen likes this.
  17. In case of start kick vote without any explantation I can't second this.
    But this is not allways. For my experience people start chatting in qualy about things like ping, parking, ramming and so on. I'm be able to watch the ping or the guy himself driving. Than I'm able to get a meaning about that and vote yes or no.
    In races is it most more difficult to judge. Expect high pinger and parker.
    For example last race at RBR: A guy stand in the starting grind but don't start and was the reason for massives chashes. Of course people start to vote to kick him. Understandably. But this guy stands the whole 8 laps in the middle off the main straight. No kick was successful. Everybody see him standing and still not enought votes to kick him.
    This is the reason why this system not able to be functional. And if I follow your arguments you're one of the ignorants.

18. Where can you see statistics like your driving distance on MR server?

19. McStinger

McStinger Racer

Thx mates!
    My mistake = didn`t realize or remember, that I can drive allone on an A/B/C/D server like those V8_KB showed to get back from D to C! :rolleyes: puuhh....

At least, MR is a good solution (or the best I know so far) for public-server.
    But two points make me think
    a) I still don (realy) know/understand how MR takes into account if it is not you crashn, but other cars crash into your car (e.g. start) or force you into a crash where your car subsequently hits another car or cars = not your own failure/mistake
    b) I want to race against other (clean&fair) drivers - so the recommendation I read here: "only use A/B servers and dont race on A/B/C or A/B/C/N servers" is hard to follow, as there are not many (European/ping) servers to race (no trackdays) with grids 50%-100% (only exception I know is "ALLOG GT2/Spa" where you often can find a lot of good + fair + same fast drivers too, often with a full grid - but i was on this server sooooo often, and in the end it starts to get a little bit boring with allways the same track and same 3 cars for months and months) .

On a (GT2/GT3) server with 2-5 or 6 drivers there is rarely real racing if most drivers are 1-x seconds away from ur own laptimes = you race alone in the end - therefor I dont need online-servers, do you?

Even with well known combos (GT2 or GT3 cars on RBR or Monza or SPA etc) I often found only first row or max first 2 rows (= only 2 or max 4 drivers) are within 1 second laptime, the rest is +1 or many +2 or more seconds! slower/lap, which is a lot as we all know.

In the end you search for well visited servers, no matter if they are "only" A/B/C or A/B/C/N just to have some races and some competition, and overtakings and so on...

Maybe more server Admins should run A/B only!? As far as I see there are not that many, but maybe its hard to get them visited by many drivers, I dont know (guess most drivers act like me: go to lobby, click "clients" to sort all servers with "most drivers on it" to choose a server with some "action" - unfortunatly "action" for some "poor sim racers" seems not the same as it means to "real sim racers" :( )

cu on track! :cool: and thx again for your help!

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I just dont know what sort of servers your running. Getting rammers amd all that must be worse then ABC.

Public vote kick simply doesnt and cant work with large numbers on the server, democracy system wont clean up a busy server ever. For example have vote kick at 30% have 10 people in 3 or 4 vote trolls can kick anyone. Have less people and 1 or 2 people alone can kick anyone. So vote kick percentage needs to be raised, even 66% with 4 people in a server the one voted on has no vote 2 of the other 3 voting can kick either of the other 2. A simple error one calling vote by mistake and another asking why kick counts as a yes vote by typing "Y"

Now have 20 in a server and at 50% you need 10 yes votes to kick someone. Many ingame wont see anything, many wont have chat enabled on track so the system will mostly fail either way.

Choose better servers and you shouldnt have these issues in the first place and they wont need to be dealt with. Pick better servers you will have much less contact and wont come across the typical server trolls that prey on busy open public servers. The minorating system will fairly well filter these people out of the higher rated servers so the kicking is done at server entry not once your in.

If thats what your looking for then your in the wrong thread. Minorating is designed to filter out bad eggs at point of entry and has nothing to do with ingame vote kick. ;)