1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. To your A: AFAIK MR do not make any difference between guilty or innocent. It penalize all invited drivers.
    To your B: I've not your skill for sure but I can second this.

2. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

go to your profile on speedwise.de and you can see these stats... i've got some work to do to fill that circle back up! is it the last 1000km Minorating counts? it seems the current grade stat can change quite a lot race to race.

speedwise.jpg

After_Midnight likes this.
  3. Thank you. I've tried this already but I don't see the MR ratings under my profile.

Edit: now it works. One question to this. The circle have to be outlined by a green line and this line have to be close to reach the next higher grade?
    Will I start with zero with every contact or how it works?
    MR.jpg

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ok people, please stop it. I'm grateful for any feedback (approval+disagreement), new ideas and reports that might indicate bugs or similar. But please don't discuss this until everybody is on your line, won't happen.
    Also please stop complaining about the online situation, there's a dedicated thread. And believe me: The problem is known. That's why this thread and MR exist in the first place. You have the tools and chose not to use them, ok. But please don't complain then, or at least not here. This thread is an excellent source of feedback, bug reports and exchange, please do not ruin it.

First: It is frustrating. Yesterday I wanted to spend quite some hours on MR, even was looking forward the whole week. The motivation didn't survive reading a few posts here. I'm so tired of people who think they are invincible and can complain about the fundamentally flawed system as soon as they drop a grade. This story has been told a dozend times in the last 100 pages. I should have the patience to go on like before, but appearantly that's not easy every day. I might be stressed by work and private life currently, so please forgive my bad mood today.

Second: Sorry for the hard words, but if still incist on "but the system punishes the innocent" you just did not understand the model behind. Honestly I don't know how to solve this communication issue.
    Whoever thinks this is a problem, have a close look to what people like @martcerv , @V8_KB , @andy-riches and @TDS are commenting. They follow MR since the early days out of genuine interest (opposed to the biased situation of suddenly having a bad grade), and they understand the system damn good.

Third:
    Whenever the "I have a bad grade, please check" reports peak like now, I'm highly alerted. Currently my inbox is exploding again, we have this discussion here and indeed the B and A grades are currently shrinking. Something seems wrong, so I spend lots of time to check the data and understand what happens (usually a bug I implemented in the past weeks). Eventually @McStinger 's data gives the reason, or at least at this point I began to understand.

He is a solid B driver. Sometimes he dropped to C for a short time, but also the same for A. But now he went down to D. Why?
    MR stores every Driver's session including the distances and contact information, until the sum of the distance exceeds 1000km. Then the oldest session is droppped. That's absolutely necessary to regard changes in the driving skills - imagine a newcomer who needs 2000km to understand simracing rules and expectations, and then starts to become a good driver. If we would remember his first 500kms forever he'd never go beyond D, even when driving like an A. The same goes the other way round: We can't allow an A with 5000 km of good driving to wreck around for a weeks until he eventually drops to lower grades.

So @McStinger had ~25-30 rows of driver's sessions with pretty good stats at the 14th June. MR would pick the sums of 4 columns and the formula says he's grade B.
    After the 14th July the new sessions are worse. Instead of a maximum of 2 or 3 contact points per race (which is still A or B) it goes up to 16 contacts. And for roughly every new session one of the older, clean ones drop out of the calculation. Currently his last session is of the 17th July, shortly after the DLC. That is any good session before is deleted, and MR only regards the sessions after the Red Pack hit.

Yes, the reason for most of your complaints is the DLC. It happens every time. Before a new DLC only the regulars with (in average) good driving capabilities are around. As soon as there is new content many casuals join AC for a week or so, driving a new car on an unknown track for the first time in MP. Combine that with MR AB drivers that do the same and join any server where there is traffic, you understand why the session stats have to become worse. Combine that with the complicated new cars (2x modern F1, 2x vintage F1) and you know something will hit the fan.

As you had good MR stats before this weekend, nobody would notice that the MR grades are slowly going to hell. But for the next weeks the bad sessions are there, and while the clean ones are deleted on after another you notice it now.

--------------

So far to the explanation what happened. Ususally I'd take this as a problem that needs a solution. But there is no easy one. It's still the old-time problem: Either going full accident analysis, which would need another 1 or 2 years without success guarantee (and severe feedback problems). Or improving the usage of MR, which also can't really happen successfully from outside.

You can easily join an MR-AB server on DLC day and maintain your grade. Most B graders can handle a new combo without messing up too much. You will witness more crashes here as well, but also have the corresponding distances.
    You can't expect the same on a MR-ABCND server. If you could, MR wouldn't work and I could shut down. But it does.

cooknn, alex72, grat and 12 others like this.
  5. McStinger

McStinger Racer

as I said with last post:
    MR is the best we have for online racing on public server, and we need this tool, we def do (from my point of view)!

@Minolin:
    Thank you so much for the time & brain you spent with MR to help us to become better sim-racing experiences while racing online!
    And thx for the explanations with your last post as well (helped me to get a better understanding)!
    And last but not least: I didnt want to complain or cause any inconvenience - if so, I appologize (I just needed some help as I felt lost after I had to realize, that I cant join any server ABC or ABCN... and didnt remember the solution with "distance alone on ABCD" :confused: )
    Without MR online racing on public AC-server would be much worse, I`m deeply convinced!

cu on track! :cool:

6. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Those pesky F1 cars have a lot to answer for ;)

I'm surprised my MR grade hasn't gone down to C since the red pack was launched. It must be damn close to it.

McStinger and TDS like this.
  7. Minolin

Ty, and no worries. I have to thank you - your case opened my eyes to the problem ;) Your grade will be restored after the next 3 or 4 races, you got two nasy 16-collisions-sessions next.
    But still, I have no solutions to the underlying problems. System + Community don't really match :-/

8. Minolin

following a good discussion with @andy-riches:

Currently we have a huge problem with slowly degraging grades (after that DLC), but you don't notice. The timing aspect is pretty bad, so we're thinking of a way to give meta-feedback pretty early.
    I was looking at the MR lobby, or a dedicated app - but who would use that? How about a short chat summary at the end of a session, like "this was a B-grade session"? Maybe with opt-in or out?

grat, V8_KB, After_Midnight and 2 others like this.
  9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I think it could work well, it gives some instant feedback and might make people think to leave if the server they are in is having a negative impact on their grade.

I think via chat would be the way to go. Alot of people that would download an app have probably already given MR enough thought to know how certain servers can impact their rating.

If not then what about a message via chat when you join a server that includes grades lower than your own?

10. Minolin

Not a bad idea. MR didn't know about the actual blocking restriction until plugin version 2.0, so I might need to think what I can do with it.
    On the other hand - is the entry message really read?

11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

true, im not sure what % of people actually read the chat :/

I wonder what other people think...

12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Sounds good, but I would want even more info.
    Like »You received X contact points. That means Y contacts points/100km. This was a B-grade session.«.

I think that every bit of explanation helps.
    It helps to avoid MR being a black box.

I know that you explain a lot here and on your website, but even with that it's sometimes hard to understand what the state is.
    As a beginner the only thing you would see is a message like "You are grade A/B/C" and not really more.
    So being a bit more chatty would be a good thing, especially to tell people if they are on the good or the bad way and not just have them fail to join due to grade the next time.

13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I've been on a server that spit out messages if one made contact, telling you the amount of contact points received.
    Don't know if that's a minorating setting and if so why it's not used more often, but I found it quite interesting.
    (And know, I didn't make contact on purpose for »scientific investigations« :D).

In the end, I really don't like the way server plugins talk to you in the chat.
    There should be a separate information system for the server messages.
    And they should pop up on your screen, just like the vote messages etc.

e.g. after a race there could be a popup message
    "You finished in 10th place.
    Minorating gave you a C-grade for driving mostly clean."
    or something like that.

Edit:
    Actually I would love those messages to be adapted nerd-style:
    Racing grade A/B: »harmless«
    Racing grade C: »mostly harmless«
    Racing grade D: »You're a Vogon!«
    Racing grade W: »Damn Krikkit!«

:D

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  14. I think more information about this will be very helpful. Also for me to understand this system better and whats going on "under the hood".
    Thanks and SORRY to frustrating the Makers...

16. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

A quick one line summary at the end of every session sounds nice and interesting.

I saw it too couple times, and personally I don't like it. IMO it just spams the chat. The worst are apps like PLP* that I believe are great for leagues but they just spam the chat on public servers. I find it annoying when you talk with someone and there's a "player xx did 1.20.592. new PB [24/58]" or "player xx left pitlane speed xx" or whatever.

I don't mean to offend PLP app author(s), I just mean those chat messages.

Sorry for going OT and for mini rant. ;)

17. pctm

pctm Hardcore Simmer

personally i like MR being as unobtrusive as possible, and just do its thing quietly in the background.
    it used to infuriate me when mr whispered 'you have had a contact, these things happen'!
    if you need MR to tell you that you had a ****ty session, you should probably be paying more attention.
    if you do go down this route, please allow opt out. :)

18. Minolin

Very good input, I'm starting to like the idea.

Opt-in or out, that's the question. I agree on spammy things and would prefer to opt-in; but that will destroy the whole idea of giving early hints of degrading stats.
    Again, the ones who opt-in are most probably the ones who already know much about MR.

Andy-R likes this.
  19. Minolin

I agree on that; but I'm also afraid of having much more frustration among the users. When you don't know anything about the stuff in the background, you won't notice when a bad session is equalized by a good one.
    As soon as MR is starting to tell you, you might get angry and afraid of your grade in many unnecessary cases.

I'm sorry for having a really bad day ;)

20. I wouldn't leave a server just because it tells me that it is affecting my MR grade. I race clean everywhere, so I have nothing to worry about. I am currently racing the BMW M235i R @ Nurburgring Sprint on an ABCN server. The first race was great fun (and not a single contact after starting from the back of the grid). Let's see what the next one brings....