1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Game is too tough and my feedback on ps4 version of game

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Archangel22, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Greg7272

Greg7272 Gamer

I must admit even though im normally hot lapping, when i tried a few quick races the other day (same class), opponents drew away really fast. Like too fast. The game was on easy as well. I do honestly think that the game needs slight tweeking of each difficulty range (easy medium hard alien). Its all well and good the fanboys just saying "hey, spend 60 hours a week on it like i do" but your misunderstanding the definition of the word "easy". Its easy. As long as you dont do anything silly then you should be WINNING! Thats what easy is. Then you go UP from that difficulty.
    I keep hearing this "its a sim" rubbish from people. Well, it just came out on ps4 and xbox which are GAMING consoles and not simming consoles. If the devs want the big money of the commercial gaming world then it needs be more accessible for those individuals who dont play as often as most of us and who dont have wheel setups. I havent tried it on controller but its apparently quite good. You see? Devs making effort for those who dont have a rig. Thats a good thing. We want everybody to play assetto.

2. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

3. I will run it here in a minute and report what times the top three ai are running on easy. (I am going to assume that easy on the console is = to 80% on the pc since it is the lowest it will go)

As for your Fanatic shifter, have you tried re-calibrating it or is it something wrong with the slider switch?

Rudski likes this.
  4. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

cant seem to progress no further in career mode
    with X BOW
    i done the first hotlap got gold but cant seem to do the races
    4th is my best and im driving like a maniac , and thats on easy
    all assists on and some tweaking
    anybody else stuck on novice 3

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Remember: Easy does it and smooth is fast. ;)

6. The thing is though is that since this is a simulator unless you have natural alien level talent you are going to have to work for it, even on easy. If you should stick with it and practice practice practice then you will soon find that, for the most part, easy does indeed mean just that. But let's check and see if maybe the ai on the console are considerably faster than they are on the PC just to make sure that we are comparing apples to apples.
    -----------------
    Career race Novice Series 1, event 4 - Alfa something or other front wheel drive (I hate FWD btw) @ Magione (love magione though)
    I won the race by just over a minute ahead of second place and my fastest lap was a 1:32.3xx
    2nd - Fiat Abarth ss s1 - 1:43.7xx
    3rd - BMW e30 M3 - 1:43.5xx
    4th - Fiat Abarth ss s1 1:44.5xx

7. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Easy is "anyone can reach this competence". You should know the track layout and how to find the racing line for it to actually feel easy. I'd say medium is "know the track+car combo already" and hard is "either really good driver, or know enough about setups to give yourself an advantage", alien is well... not attainable for everyone.

@Michael Hornbuckle easy = 88%, medium = 92%, hard = 95%, alien = 100% seems to be the general correspondence although I think it's fine tuned past that for a lot of events.

I ran the event once at 88%, with no practice in this car for probably a few months, the laptimes were
    1st - me in Giulietta QV - 1:35.024
    2nd - E30 M3 - 1:35.099
    3rd - 500 ss s1 - 1:36.985
    4th - 500 ss s1 - 1:37.111

One thing that takes getting used to is that you should pass in corner entries - easier AIs are weakest there, it's kinda rare that they'll screw up corner exit enough for you to pass on the straight. You also get a lot from being aggressive at the start, you won't catch the guy in first if you spend a lap or two stuck behind slower cars.

8. The-skull-07

The-skull-07 Rookie

The only problem i have is the difficlty , the game is very very hard even on easy and i cant win any race , its like there is no diffrent between easy and hard , now im stuck on carrer i cant win , even they are faster than me with the same car !! pleeeeeease fix this

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I tried this at 100% difficulty and I think anyone will struggle to beat the ai there, main issue is your the only car on street tyres. If they were all on streets the Alfa would be more competitive but on streets it really will battle to pass the others who have a 2 or 3 second advantage purely in tyres.

upload_2016-8-29_14-48-38.png
    upload_2016-8-29_14-48-55.png
    upload_2016-8-29_14-49-22.png
    upload_2016-8-29_14-49-48.png
    upload_2016-8-29_14-48-23.png
    upload_2016-8-29_14-50-16.png
    upload_2016-8-29_14-50-36.png
    upload_2016-8-29_14-50-51.png

I did one race earlier and the m3 was doing high 1:28's but that race it got stuck behind an Abarth and so slowed itself down. My best lap was 1:30.656 as can be seen in the timing above which was not far off what the Abarths could do but its considerably slower on street tyres vs semi slicks in any car and the Alfa Guilietta doesnt come with semi slicks.

Minolin likes this.
  10. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

i think it is the line up problem of the race design, for example you just can't beat BMW E93 and 1M with your E30(step 1), the power difference is too big...

Kunos did the "REAL WORLD" thing that simply they won't alter the power of different class of cars on track for racing.....now you must lose the race! XDD

So far I have used my every last cents of technique of sim racing and finally beat Novice2 2/6 at "MEDIUM Difficulty" with my Z4 and taken over 1M and E93 on pole position

and the funny thing is that in quick race I choose "Alien" difficulty, as long as it is a "ONE MAKE" race, I can take over the pole car in a lap or 2 and win the race by 10+ secs, the balance of this game really need to re-design!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  11. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

Career difficulty is bugged on console. For the most part, easy means easy, but so far I've encountered 1 event on easy that should be classed as hard, and another that should be classed as impossible alien...

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  12. aaron0288

aaron0288 Hardcore Simmer

In reply to the original poster, it just sounds like you're not that good yet and need to get used to the game, especially your comment on the La Ferrari. I mean, what do you expect to happen when you flaw the throttle from a stand still in one of the most powerful cars ever made? This is a proper sim.

It feels awesome on a controller once you've dialled the settings in and the AI on hard are extremely fun to race against.

Yes there are bugs, but a lot of the issues you've posted aren't bugs and you just need to give it more time and get used to playing a sim.

13. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

I am playing hard difficulty, I did 1'57.2xx, not my best laptime but you will never win the races with that 7 secs gap, maybe a tuning setup will do little help, but I doubt it would make huge improvement, the career mode in this game is broken, I'm sure of that

14. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

You are chasing wind my friend, the design of the career mode is broken, believe me....I am not the fastest guy in my country but I know the game is broken, some events are mission impossible

Borez likes this.
  15. Novice Series 2, Event 2 (you are in BMW Z4 and the fast ai are in the 1M and E92 M3)
    Just did a bit of testing and on the PC and the fastest AI run 1:50 at 90% difficulty. (the slider goes from 80% to 100%). Not impossible (my laps were 1:48.xx) but far too difficult for 'Easy'.
    For comparison, at 80% the fastest ai ran a 1:58.0xx

You guys will still have you hands full trying to win once the event is corrected, but you should have a decent shot at the podium with your laptimes.

16. Stereo

Stereo Alien

That's another point, you don't have to win every event in #1 position to complete the series, so at higher difficulties, you will not win every event. It's not designed to be winnable. It's like you play F1 as a team other than Mercedes... finishing in 3rd is the best you can hope for.

17. Whilst some of what is being said about the inconsistent difficulty of the AI is merited, at least in career mode, the N2 race you are talking about really isn't that tough. I'm a long way off alien status when it comes to racing but here's a video from my own running of the event to show that it is entirely possible to win it even for an average driver and without trying to be insulting it's just a case of you needing to improve your skills. (This was with the stock car setup, factory abs/tcs, stability control 0%, auto clutch and blip and AI on Easy).

(Note - you may notice on the HUD map that the AI pitting issue occurs at the end of lap 3 so if you're really struggling keep at it and soon enough they will probably do it for you and give you a free win). All I'll say is that you're going to face career challenges way harder than this one, even while still doing the novice events - practice makes perfect are the watchwords :) Good luck.

18. I'll admit the XBow is a flighty little thing but as others keep saying on here, it's a question of persevering and learning - keep practicing. The XBow races are not "easy" by any means but they are far from unbeatable and like all sims, being "easy" is not the point, it's about the thrill of racing, winning and losing and being challenged to improve each time you turn the virtual key :)

Also, simracing is a mindset - unlike playing a lot of other games, you can't expect to "win" every time out. It would be unrealistic IRL and it is in virtual racing too. It's the enjoyment you get from the thrill of the chase and driving the best you can that matters - podiums and wins are just the icing on the cake.

Remember you don't have to win every race - for these events. The series goal is one silver and 2 bronze to unlock the next tier of novice events, so if that's the best you manage it's all good. I should also add that AC is about a lot more than the rudimentary career mode in any case - personally I wouldn't care if it didn't even have one - like all sims, racing or otherwise, it offers the potential for unlimited hours of enjoyment in and of itself. It's not a case of "beating a game" and for those who approach it that way it will never offer fulfillment.

The video below shows my race at Vallelunga which was unfortunately cut short when the three leaders dived into the pits at the end of lap three and denied me the glory of winning the last lap battle but hopefully it shows that the AI are eminently beatable. Stock car setup, factory ABS/TCS and all other assists off except auto clutch & blip.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  19. The-skull-07

The-skull-07 Rookie

I want to beat all events with gold because i want to platinum this game but its impossible , this need to be fix or no one will platinum this game

20. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

You couldn't be missing the point of this 'game' more even if you tried..

OldGeezerGamer and Ace Pumpkin like this.