1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Xbox controller good for assetto corsa?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ferrari F430 ., Aug 5, 2015.

1. So since i dont have money for a wheel right now and im getting tired of racing with keyboard is assetto corsa ok to play with a xbox controller?Like will i be able to drift and control my car pretty good on tracks?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Xbox controller rumble randomly stops working correctly Mar 16, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Xbox One Controller Settings Oct 24, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Xbox One Controller Issue Sep 2, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Slow and delayed steering. Xbox controller Jun 4, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Steering is really slow and delayed. Xbox controller Jun 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBox - Defaulting to Controller, no pedal or steering wheel input recognised??? May 1, 2021
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Xbox 360 Controller Right Stick configuration Feb 5, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals How do I set up my Generic Gamepad using XBOX Controller Emulator Jul 22, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox One Controller Mapping. Jul 8, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Pc throttle and brake mapping to Xbox controller right stick. Fixed. Jul 2, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Xbox One Controller not controlling camera. Nov 28, 2019
    ACC Hardware Discussions Can't change/save my XBOX Controller settings Nov 5, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Cant assign gear down on xbox controller Aug 11, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Can´t shift with my Xbox One - Razer Wolverine Ultimate Controller. Jul 5, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Xbox controller and serious attitude Jul 3, 2019

3. Turk

Turk Alien

I haven't used one personally but I've heard plenty of people say they can race just fine with an xbox controller. I think there's a thread on Racedepartment about best settings for the xbox controller. I would guess for drifting in particular it would be fine.

4. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

IMO pad support in AC is the best in all games I've tried.
    It's possible to control the car just fine, but from my experience it's impossible to drift. I mean without assists.
    Settings are very important, basically it's a compromise between smooth and slow, or fast and twitchy (talking about steering). You need to find what's good for you.
    I clocked around 770 hours with a pad, a lot of that is from MP races. Don't think that you will be competitive with the fast(est) guys, but it's possible to have some nice battles anyway.

aphidgod and nate like this.
  5. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

...beside my Logitech Driving Force GT and G29, I use DualShock 4 controller through emulation so PC sees it as xBOne controller, and game is running just fine with it...

Cheers...

6. Gsgomma!

Gsgomma! Racer

I have used the pad for a couple of time just to try out how is, was some months ago so it was even a different version of AC but when I tryied it was very "good" to play with and I have a cheapy pad bought on some electronic megastore so I think now with new version of AC and xbox controller better then mine would play with no problem in "feeling" except wheel of course;):)

7. jasjeet

jasjeet Racer

Its good to play with whilst the car is far away from the edge, sliding/drifting is difficult since you have too much steering angle at your disposal and not enough accuracy. Basically only good for driving a few seconds off the pace but in this scenario its still nice and you are able to keep the car on the track without too much problem. Way better than keyboard of course.

8. LilSki

LilSki Alien

I use a X360 pad when testing my track on my design machine. I am very slow when compared to my rig but it does the job it needs to do. I'm sure with enough practice you could get pretty fast. I know I'm better with it now then when I first started doing it.

9. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

If you plan on using an xbox360 controller, use the preset either by @Shaddix or @Kubr0

both are very nice.

10. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

It's fantastic how well AC is played with the controller :) Feel free to use my settings if you need :)

11. mrk1001

mrk1001 Gamer

12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

For a while several of the fastest times on some of the more popular combos on RSR were set by pad users.

That suggests the sim plays quite decently with a pad :)

13. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

...I just finished "Black and White" challange on alien dificulty with my pad, was not the best I could do, but I managed it easy to win... will post video later and you decide if it is any good. BTW, I used default settings for pad...

Cheers...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  14. hman

hman Gamer

I use the default settings on the pad, and I'm one of the faster guys. I'm not as fast as Niki, but I'm not too far off his pace.

15. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

16. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

A.C is great for the the Xbox controller. The ability to drive well with an Xbox cont. Was the deciding factor in buying a wheel.

17. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

Cheers...

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I just upgraded from a 360 to xB1 elite. wOw it so much better. Alot more control particularly with the extra trigger depth. I had to alter my controller profile a fair bit though from my 360 however here is what settings I have settled on together with Real Head movement plugin:-

STEER_GAMMA=1.2
    STEER_FILTER=0.55
    SPEED_SENSITIVITY=0.64
    STEER_DEADZONE=0
    STEER_SPEED=0.31
    RUMBLE_INTENSITY=1

AlleyViper likes this.
  19. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Agreed, among pads XB1 is the way to go.

I love AC on a pad. Better than GT ever was.

20. Theobris

Theobris Racer

I used your rumble settings, not sure if theyre not a bit rude.

I'm not sure if you can still call AC a sim with a controller, doesnt feel any different to any other racing game.

21. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Can anyone confirm the trigger rumble works for AC on the xB1 elite? It doesn't on windows 7. Only vibration come through the hand pads. I know there is a controller app for windows 10 only users that can adjust the trigger motors however i didn't want to go through the pain of signing up to the microsoft store & setting AC on win 10 to find out its the same feeling as what i have in win 7...