1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic What is the status of the submitted update for November?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alternatingcurrent, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Tune options of the Toyota AE86 aren't the same on console and PC (less on console) and sure on other cars.
    Till 1.03 console version, even setting numbers didn't match on most cars.

FFB options in PC but not included in consoles :

Filter, min.force,damping.

Steering options : gamma,filter & speed sensitivity.
    Pedal setting : brake gamma.
    No specific car FFB gain

Physics :

No brake heating,some cars seems not on the lasted tyres version.
    Diferent AI Physics behaviour.

Missing features /options:

No showroom.
    No Photomode.
    No full replays.
    No drag mode and Strips.
    No trento Bodonne hillclimb.
    No Drift track available in practice.
    No track type (old, green, optimised)
    No initial grip levels and progression.
    Missing HUD apps like deltatime or tyre heating and degradation.
    No wheel calibration screen.
    No brake pedal sensitivity option.
    No UDP applications compatible.
    You can't choose personal AI opponents.
    No false start system.
    No personal button mapping.
    Limited FoV settings.

Other differences:

Controller algorithm.
    AI difficulty and no slider system (from 0 to 100%)
    AI behaviour is different and in consoles it's quite more inconsistent.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2016
    George Bavaria, GTP, Dyr_gl and 6 others like this.
  2. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Are you sure you comparing the same ae86? There is different versions of them ingame.

4. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I seem to remember that it isn't possible to replicate a PC car setup on the console. Whilst we have the same things to change, camber, toe tyre pressure etc the range and steps for each item are different.

Damned if I can find the thread though. I don't know if the last big PC update has changed this though, someone mentioned camber had been altered.

Consoles don't have a per car FFB adjustment either, which I am told PC version does have.

Physics wise, current console version seems to be a little faster then PC, if this is just tyres or other factors are involved it is hard to say with out playing both back to back!

paul_wev and Donnced2 like this.
  5. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Yup, cause it was in a special event that My friend wanted to setup the car just like he got in the PC version and he couldn't

6. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

You call me fanboy at the begining and expect from me to read the rest of the post?o_O

paul_wev likes this.
  7. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

If you don't want to read it because that ..it's up to you.
    And sincerely, reading your replies... it's the impression you given.

So apologies if it isn't the case.

paul_wev likes this.
  8. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Can you explain me in what particular quote im being fanatic?

Yes the game lacks of many features from the PC. But the game is still fully playable and enjoyble. I miss many things: private lobbies, leaderboards, tyre tempeture mapping, keyboard, some settings... But far from the private lobbies and leaderboards, I dont see features that are critical and have a big impact in the gameplay.

9. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Big impact and critical features needed in every simulation game :

HUD apps like tyre heating and degradation, hard needed for setup a car with tyre pressures and camber.

Telemetry screen, see where you can improve your laptimes and help in the setup.

Missing FFB options... easy...you can set better the FFB to your personal senses.

Calibration screen... see if all works correct, pedal input, wheel degrees etc.

Missing FoV options... well more difficult to set up your field of view with your Cockpit.

False starts...no more explanation needed.

Type of tarmac and initial grip levels,cause it's not the same than always been on optimal tarmac and 100% initial grip.

IA consistency... needed to have good races and ability to put them on your level each car...more since there isn't private personalised online lobbies to compete in leagues with clean people.

So...these things should been in the game since the very beginning.

Mostly... The game should be equal as the pc version.. since the beginning..
    With less AI cars,graphics due performance diference and no mod support due console companies policy.

That's my thinking... and would preferred and other delay on the game to get the game on par with the PC version..
    Not an demo version of it.

Let's hope we see a huge improvement in the upcoming update that closes up that diference between the two versions.

Dyr_gl, TitzonToast and MBK72 like this.
  10. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Nice to see you all havent stoped b i t ching o_O

paul_wev likes this.
  11. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Those are far from being critical. If they had to delay the game until it has all the things people ask, the game would not be never released.

Personally i would not like that they had delayed the game to introduce the private lobbies, but, i would understand it. But only for private lobbies, I can enjoy perfectly the game without the rest of the features; those should be added step by step in the future.

edit: By the way, i prefer a lot the way Assetto aproach the force feedback settings to how PCars do it. One has very few options but they are just the ones you need, and the game is plug and play. The other has a million sliders and worse predefined force feedback than Driveclub. Just asking, what are the options of force feedback that are in PC and not in consoles?

Diego043 and Jebus like this.
  12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Minforce and Filter.

fedepino likes this.
  13. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Listen... the consoles port stared in 2014.
    I as user only want an equal port of the PC version 1=1 what's clearly not the same.
    I can understand that for the console versions they wanted to make an new IU (even personally i like more the original one)
    I didn't ask the delay for the online lobbies, only for getting a game more on par and equall to the PC version.

I didn't ask the FFB options like those from project C.A.R.S... but the same that assetto PC version have.

I posted the FFB differences before in other post :

But once again :
    Mising, min.force, damping, filter

A screenshot will be better :
    [​IMG]

Like i still don't understand and didn't received an answer on why in the press events with the pre-alfa of the game there was the drag mode and Strips, and in final realese they aren't in the game..
    [​IMG]

I don't understand also why the Japanese car pack and red pack where not in the game in launch or as DLC at launch.... because they where launched on PC months before.

I just wanted the game be launched as a 1=1 port from the PC version. not an downed down experimental demo version of Assetto..

That's my only complain,because i was very hyped to get assetto corsa on console after playing the PC version..
    But when i put assetto corsa on ps4...it was like a slack in my face..

I'm sorry, but can't defend the console versions, and don't recomend it to my friends either..
    But i surely recomend the true assetto corsa that the pc version is..

Now my only hope is that kunos aproaches the console versions to what the PC version is...and What it should be from start.

MBK72 and fedepino like this.
  14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thats an old picture. There is no damping. I cant even remember when it was in the game tbh. You can set damping in a ini file but that is only active when the car not moving - to 10kmh or so.
    I have never seen anyone in threads that are using filter neither. I can agree that you need minforce though, if the console/wheel doesnt fix this by itself somehow.

And yeah, I hope they add more stuff to the console version.

15. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Ok,but it isn't an excuse.. one expect an 1=1 port of the PC version.
    I can understand that due limited perfomance of the consoles they downed down graphics, there's less AI cars (i now that depends on what performance your PC have) and that there isn't the possibility of mods.

16. fedepino

fedepino Racer

The problem for me is that some of this feature can be introduced without any problem in console, don't need more power or resource from the console, seems only that they had no time to insert it in the console version, by the way the patch approvation can't be an excuse because other ps4 game pass the psn patch / dlc revew with no problem.
    I bought pcars at day one and IMHO it was full of problem and bugs, much more then in AC;the difference beetween the two game is that PC's patch come out regulary every month and in a 3/4 month the game was really improved and in the same time we gain 4 dlc too; i hope will be the same for AC (that i'm enjoing even more then pcars), but at the moment for us ( console player ) it's a bit frustrating to deal with some missing features, for example i'm struggling with the lack of telemetry/ tyre temperature information and also some ffb/ sensitivity option, i don't play online so lobby for me is not really important.
    By the way I read the forum since september IMHO console user sometimes are a little bit exagerate; there's no need to open a new tread about this every day, and it's useless to flame with pc users because the quality of forum is going to be bad and bad. at the same time there is no evidence that kunos will be faster in their work if we are going to remember every day which problem we have, i think they already know our problems and their own reputation depends on how they are going to solve this in a couple of month; if they are not able to solve it, their career in console gaming will probably end here, so we have only to wait and see; hoping they are making the maximum effort on it .
    I'm sorry for my bad english but sometimes is hard to translate complex tinking

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    Ace Pumpkin, Donnced2 and kofotsjanne like this.
  17. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

Yeletry
    Telemetry?
    Leaderboards?
    Calibration?

TheGT500, ppbucko and MBK72 like this.
  18. It's the opposite of stupid LOL Almost every other game does it that way, and it avoids having pissed off gamers. The only time one platform gets content earlier is when Sony or Microsoft PAY for timed exclusivity.

This isn't even that, this is just blatant favoritism.

You say it would be stupid if PC had to wait, well why don't you complain about it on every other game?

19. Nonsense. I've had the PC version since day 1 and I prefer the console version. Console's loading times make PC's look like a joke, and I just prefer playing on PS4 to PC in general.

You're completely exaggerating if you'd say you see "soo much differences" LOL I have both, I could count on one hand the differences that actually matter.

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Who say I dont? How would that help console gamers if us pc players would have to wait for Microsoft and Sony? How would YOU feel if patches had to go trough Valve a couple of weeks before you got them on console? How someone can defend the system that is in place with patches in other games is beyond me.

"Take away modding from AC on PC or start supporting it on console too, hurr hurr".