1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic What is the status of the submitted update for November?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alternatingcurrent, Nov 14, 2016.

1. The Hooligan

The Hooligan Rookie

I doubt it. If devs can't start recording replay data when the lights are off and end it at chequered flag how would they know to implement such a feature? Also, I don't smoke, or own a webcam ;)

2. SinceEighty3

SinceEighty3 Rookie

Disappointing to hear. We expected to get the full experience in the end, if not right at the beginning. I thought there had been direct answers that some of those things were coming in the future. Sure they aren't the "core" of the game, but cutting them completely feels like we get a lesser product.

Please reconsider at least some of these features next year if time allows - I'm sure everyone here would appreciate the effort.

pippo10 likes this.
  3. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Well, you say here (at least this is what one can interpret) you've gone for a five minute smoke(s)...

Hum.... can we take you seriously?

kofotsjanne and stefanoCasillo like this.
  4. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Well, you say here (at least this is what one can interpret) you've gone for a five minute smoke(s)...

Hum.... seriously...

5. The Hooligan

The Hooligan Rookie

Do you speak english? I said, quote, go for a five minute smokes.

Please point me where I said I was a smoker.

- Hool

6. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

N
    What I said is that one could interpret it from the somewhat dubious way you wrote. That's way it was understood(not only by me) you (personally) had gone out for a smoke. That's it

7. The Hooligan

The Hooligan Rookie

I can tell you "go for 5 mins of smokes" was just the first thing that came into my mind taking apprx 5 minutes. One can freely replace it with desired pastime.

8. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

SHOWROOM AND PHOTO MODE
    Firstly, thank you to @Lord Kunos answering these questions. However, it was bad news! So much for being feature equal with PC.

Hearing Showroom and Photo Mode are not even planned for inclusion is very disappointing as both were among my most wanted features in AC. A Photo Mode is very popular in games and can gain a lot of attention. Just look at how big it became in Gran Turismo. Plenty of us would appreciate if you would at the very least seriously reconsider bringing it to console.

I cannot complain too much though as Kunos are working their way through my most wanted cars in a sim - Maserati MC12 GT1, Maserati 250F, Porsche 911 GT1 and Toyota TS040-HYBRID are or will be all in. Just the Toyota TS010 and TS020 GT-one to go Stefano... hint hint.

Loving AC. Keep up the good work.

9. Maybe the code from the physics are equal. But it feels different on xbox when the game is running without stuttering. A simple exampel is the lotus f1 car on pc the car is a handful to drive on xbox one it feels total different without any driving assits. So that takes the challenge away. The temperature didn't work since day one and you always run with 100% grip. That should be equal?? If you have a one and some friends with ac then you would see that nobody or maybe 10% of them played in the last to months. That is a fact where nobody can denies. I still have my 5 star review on xbox. But I think it's time to pay something back for the trust whe put in this game. I mean 3 months after release. It helps nobody to say kunos is great. On pc for sure but not on xbox one. That have nothing to do with hate. But I still wait to play this game without frustration about fps issues, or missing features who are since 15 year standard in the buisness :( the problem is that 80% of console users have no interest who's behind the game. It says a lot that so many pc users write here. Who didn't have any clue about the situation on xbox. I have shown a lot of patience. But at some point it's very frustration to see that porsche dlc is on pc and whe still didn't have the red pack. People paid for season pass and 90 % of them have no interest in the japanes e pack. So they waiting since 3 months or lose completely interest.

fedepino likes this.
  10. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

It's equally strange and disappointing because AC twitter said that a photomode was coming and I'm pretty Sure Marco M did too. I personally want showroom and photomode features but full length multiplayer replays are essential to leagues.

11. Dookie

Dookie Hardcore Simmer

Did AC Twitter really say that? Do you have a link perhaps? As photomode is not an official app in PC version and has to be activated per *.ini, probably 80% of AC users don't even know about it :D
    I think it's not that easy to implement, especially compared to the PC where you have mouse and keyboard.

Edit: It is official, but a "developer app", used the wrong word, sorry.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  12. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

It is not an official app? To be fair that does put a very different perspective on it as I assumed it was Kunos own work. In that case Photo Mode is highly unlikely to arrive.

Showroom is all Kunos though (Right?) so surely no real excuse for that. The cars look so gorgeous I want to explore them more and I planned to use it for thumbnail images for videos among other things.

13. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Photomode is official Kunos work but it has to be activated by editing .ini file, they are called dev apps. So it's not on by default and probably most of the players has never seen it, or maybe don't even know it exists.

Scuderia Paul and Dookie like this.
  14. Michel34120

Michel34120 Rookie

Thank you for your answer! Yes the t500 is powerful, it wants to rip your arms off on 100%...
    Maybe there is any chance you could ask the console devs how they play it? That would be very interesting to know...
    Thank you in advance

TitzonToast likes this.
  15. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

That is very disappointing, it's almost like AC is a two tier product, PC users get the full experience, where as console users get a pair down version, not only do we get late updates and addons, we are also missing default features the PC has.

It would almost be worth saying that, if the team couldn't bring a full fledged version of the game to consoles in the first place, why bother, but I won't say that, as the bare bones of the game is almost good enough not to.

16. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

If it is like PC users say above (that some of these features are not default, but added on through apps), maybe there isn't much to be claimed in this aspect, since apps are not a possibility on consoles (I think). But I admit full replay, which I suppose is a standard feature on PC, would be a very welcome addition (very important to settle controversies when racing against others).

17. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

Hi Kunos

What are you waiting to release a full patch list? The Porsche 1 DLC is going to be released the next week (obviously a patch will be release too) and we still don't know anything about the content of the patch... I suppose the patch has already been submitted to Sony and Microsoft so, why aren't you give to us the info about it?

Finally the PC version is very updated over the console version. I don't mind to miss features like showroom or photomode, however the improvement about replays is crucial for online races (revise mode).

I honestly think that the lack of the info is not good for you, I'm waiting for purchasing the season pass, however the development (improvements) of the game is being very slow. We've only receive 1 patch to improve framerate (still very poor in some situations -aka Montmelo, and when you hit another car and damage indicator appears) and the tearing, however the console version misses another features like tire wear hud, false starts, lap timing hotlaps!!!!

Please I would thank if you can release the full patch content. Your racing experience is great, however your post-sale support is very very poor...

I'm sorry for my English... in this situation I'm not going to purchase the season pass, and we are a lot of friend who are in the same situation.

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

In case you haven't noticed, that's always the case with any game that utilises what the PC offers over consoles.

That the showroom and photo mode aren't even in the plans is something I don't understand and agree with though, it doesn't appear to be technically not feasible to implement and particularly photo mode would be beneficial for the sim. Showrooms appeared to also be one of the things that was used to advertise the sim in the trailers (which many speculated to be a showroom modelled after Fiorano, which isn't even in the PC version and won't release as circuit for the sim) so if it's been cut I'd like Kunos to stop advertising the sim like that in the future. I am still hopeful that Kunos is at least over time working towards full feature and content parity for all versions as it should've been sold from the start and explains in detail where they cannot do that and why.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    ZX636, Pleite and kofotsjanne like this.
  19. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

I have noticed, I should have learnt my lesson with KSP.

20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, it's just how it is. What I mean is the possibility that consoles may not be as powerful, may not offer the infrastructure (mainly to do with Windows) or may not offer the appropriate hardware support (for example peripherals) for certain functionality offered on PC. Some functionality may be too difficult to implement with a gamepad. Some functionality may need reworking to the point where their small team doesn't have the time or resources to do so.

So if something isn't 100% like the PC version I'd argue to put down the pitchforks and try to understand why this is exactly first. But overall I am of the opinion that Kunos should try their best to keep parity between the versions and be honest about why it may not be in some respects, their customers deserve to know. The next scheduled update this month will supposedly (as Stefano mentioned in a post previously) bring the console version on the same code branch as the PC version, so that's something even if it doesn't bring over every piece of functionality.

I personally would've certainly preferred a good console release instead of constantly reading all the console complaints, negative reception and seeing how it tarnished the game's reputation but I'm guessing so would Kunos. I would've preferred an Early Access release like on PC but it is what it is. They'll have to endure it now and work towards fixing everything but at least they're honestly trying and you guys should try to be constructive and stop arguing over it. Unless you get a hard on for flinging **** at others but then you don't need to act surprised about the reactions or eventually getting banned.

'You' meaning everyone in this thread.

Pleite likes this.