1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic What is the status of the submitted update for November?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alternatingcurrent, Nov 14, 2016.

1. ChuckWagon

ChuckWagon Racer

For those who need a smoke, coke, pee, phone break.
    On the PS4 I just use the options button, then "X" to return to the action.

2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Sorry about offtopic but it didnt need its own thread. Can you guys on console get back to pits online without having to completely stop the car?

Also, I read somewhere else that the patch is supposed to come on Tuesday. Nothing official though but from a user that usually know more than the rest of us plebs.:)

3. Daniel Wood

Daniel Wood Gamer

Kunos themselves have said its the 29th for the porsche pack 1 on consoles, whether this include the update 1.09 for the game itself has yet to be clarified.

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Alright, sounds good. I had totally missed that. :)

5. Daniel Wood

Daniel Wood Gamer

kofotsjanne likes this.
  6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

7. historically our DLCs come together with game updates because we usually tweak/add stuff to the code to better simulate the new cars, so the answer to your question is yes.

8. The Hooligan

The Hooligan Rookie

hey Project Cars is 25e on Store, it's probably playable, too

9. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

How about going to play it then? By the way, I couldn't see the crash you talk about, only some sort of sound interference that can easily be brought about if one wishes to do so.

10. The Hooligan

The Hooligan Rookie

Downloading as we speak. Are you seriously suggesting I somehow manipulated the video to make it look like it crashed? I can assure you it's a a video straight from the share video feature of PS4.

- Hool

11. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Well, be it as it may, I can't remember of a single game I've played that has never crashed, be it Forza 6, Project Cars or you name it. I have had two or three crashing ocurrances with AC as well, but suggesting it's unplayable for that matter, it' s a little overstated.

12. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Hool, are you on PS4 or Xbox One?

13. The Hooligan

The Hooligan Rookie

There is (probably) no such thing as a bug free game, no disagreements there. But doesn't it tell something about the development state if every single day I have played the game one two or three feck ups occure? My very first post on this forum I mentioned the game feels like it's in beta state.. this was only the first or second day I owned the game. I was wrong, its more alpha than beta. I will stop torturing myself (and you) for now and wait for the update.. maybe it fixes more serious issues.

- Hool

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  14. The Hooligan

The Hooligan Rookie

PS4

- Hool

15. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Great!

16. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Ah shame, I would have joined you for some pCARS had you been on Xbox - well when I say joined you I of course mean I would have whipped you soundly :D;)

Have fun on pCARS, there is a great experience to be had there now, especially with a group of friends. This wasn't always the case of course but it has improved over time. We can only hope for the same here.

Pleite likes this.
  17. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

I feel that I have to put my 2 cents in here.
    I understand that a developer cannot get all of the bugs out before release. Coding and debugging are very challenging and get harder each time you add content.
    Having said that, there is no reason why the consumer should be discouraged from voicing dissent, as Hooligan has.
    We all paid real money for this game. I don't have a money tree, so I happen to expect value in return. This game has some great aspects. It also still has some flaws. If the developers can't handle a bit of feedback, then they are in the wrong profession. But that's not the case. It's the fanboys that feel the need to defend the game (when nothing short of a patch can rectify the issue) and insult the console gamers.
    I enjoy this game (and it is a game), but I look forward to some issues being addressed in the patch.
    If you, or anybody, doesn't like seeing the complaints from console players wanting to get the most out of this game, stay out of the console forums. We can't go into the PC forums and troll your discussions, so please pretend that you can't do so here.

kofotsjanne, Pleite, paul_wev and 2 others like this.
  18. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

This is just silly
    . AC is a piece of software like any other game, and by it's nature software are prone to crashes even when very stable. This has never happened to me in 3 months of playing it so you are presenting a non issue and if that's a problem for y8u then your life must be very sheltered. BTW going by your post, I can expect that you wont be playing pcars long unless you really like invisible walls in the middle of the track during a race haha.

Edit: I should point out im strictly talking about the incident in this video, if it's crashing all the time then that's a different matter

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    Larryf1951 likes this.
  19. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

out of curiosity how long have you had the game?

20. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Larry, the good news is the developers are actually quite accepting of the criticism. I've been as critical as anyone of the console game and I'm still around. They only object to the name calling, swearing etc which is fair enough.

I think people are still well within their rights to make comments about the state of the console game and Hool's point seems reasonable enough, the game crashed he didn't make much more of it than that.