1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Down shifting

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Fa5, Dec 13, 2016.

1. schmron

schmron Racer

Thats not what i see. Sorry.
    Good luck for getting fixed this issue. I am out.

fr13del and HavanaB0B like this.
  2. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

I can confirm, downshifting is very inconsistent. Sometimes it works, even when high reving the car, and sometimes it doesn't even on low revs. I was wondering if it had to do with my wheel, as I was having some issues, but shifters are ok. Must be a bug.

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  3. Chuckstang

Chuckstang Rookie

I also have a G920 and just started having this same problem as well On the Xbox one. It is not any protection or BS like that. Its a bug and needs to be fixed. This game is so annoying on the console how incomplete and lacking it is. I'll just keep playing project cars. By the time they fix this game, pcars 2 will be out lol

4. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Same here on G920, seems to have started happening after the last release.

Chuckstang likes this.
  5. Chuckstang

Chuckstang Rookie

Ok I found the issue. Turn off auto clutch and blip. Once you do that, you should not have any issues downshifting with the paddles. At least worked for me for now anyway.

6. BobTheDog

I have auto clutch and blip turned off, I still get the issue.

7. hardvibes

hardvibes Rookie

Ah there's a protection! I thought my G920 was broken

andrew.lavelle.39 likes this.
  8. There is a very easy way to check if the downshift protection is the problem you are experiencing or not: get a car with manual gearbox and check if the problem is still there. If the problem is not there then you are experiencing DP, if the problem is still there then it's something else so all the talking about DP is useless.

Spitfire77 likes this.
  9. BobTheDog

The problem is there at low revs so I guess this is nothing to do with engine protection.

I found it very noticeable on the recent weekly challenge with the 911, sometimes taking 3 or 4 attempts to change down gear even with the revs very low.

There is a problem, saying it is a user issue will not make it easy for you to find it!

As you are talking about manual gearboxes there is also the issue on the G920 that you can not engage first gear properly before the race starts.

To Replicate start a race, engage first gear with the h-shifter with clutch engaged, rev engine to limiter on green light try to pull away with a slipping clutch. You get the missed gear sound and neutral.

10. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

On 599xx seems to intrusive DP even on straight without throttle and low revs it has hard to downshift.

Lotus 49,98T,2 eleven, exos, exos stage has even upshifting rmp jumping with controler just like the Pagani Huayra got till 1.03 update.
    Playing with the wheel OK , but also downshifting sometimes they don't register the downshift..

Should also be greatful to include in the loading screen or in car information if it is a car with autoblip or autoclutch needed like on PC version and on what version of tyres the car is.

Thanks in advance Stefano!

11. guys I know it's hard to concentrate but if you want this to be looked at you need to focus on the way you report the bug.. or we'll be just wasting time and go around in circles.

I am asking a very simple question.. does the problem appear with cars with manual gears? ie. Lotus 49?

A simple yes/no will do.

Donnced2 and Spitfire77 like this.
  12. BobTheDog

Just incase you missed my post!

The problem is there at low revs so I guess this is nothing to do with engine protection.

I found it very noticeable on the recent weekly challenge with the 911, sometimes taking 3 or 4 attempts to change down gear even with the revs very low.

There is a problem, saying it is a user issue will not make it easy for you to find it!

As you are talking about manual gearboxes there is also the issue on the G920 that you can not engage first gear properly before the race starts.

To Replicate start a race, engage first gear with the h-shifter with clutch engaged, rev engine to limiter on green light try to pull away with a slipping clutch. You get the missed gear sound and neutral.

13. I did not.. but you are not answering my question which is what I need to attempt to understand what's going on, so it's all noise.

tkaczorek69 and Spitfire77 like this.
  14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Cmon. Stefano is trying to systematically find what you are talking about within his internal knowledge of the software. Actually you have his attention and he is trying to find a problem he is willing to fix.

Your answer is only blablabla and missing the only word asked for: Yes or no.

GhostMan and Johnnypenso like this.
  15. BobTheDog

As I wrote that I used the hshifter I thought it was obvious!

But even so just to make things clear: no it doesn't do it when I use a manual car because I use the hshifter

Minolin likes this.
  16. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Just to be clear, the PC version does not ever mention anything about Auto Clutch, however, there is a mention on whether the car has a built in auto-blip or not if the car does have Auto-Blip. If it does not have auto-blip it just doesn't say anything.

17. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

To answer Stefano - unhook your H-patern shifter (you will not be using it), turn it off in the options then turn on auto blip, auto clutch then drive an h-patern shift car (like the Miata, or the Lotus 49) - basically drive the game how you would if you only had a wheel and 2 pedals.

There are a few things at play in how the system handles shifts sent from the paddles - there is a delay to prevent accidental double shifts, some cars do not allow down shifts when you are at full throttle, some do not allow downshifts when your RPM is too high, some cannot down shift through gears as fast as others....

Also - if your clutch pedal has not been used since you started the game, it is not calibrated.. make sure after you turn on the game to press all your pedals all the way down and let them back up a few times. If your clutch is slightly registering it can mess with shifting..

Johnnypenso likes this.
  18. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

No.

Tested with Cayman S at Monza Junior, around 15 laps not one missed shift (PS4). Auto Clutch / Auto Blip on.

Will repeat with another car when I get chance.

19. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Simple yes.
    Full manual cars also affected
    The Porsche 911 GT1 with no throttle input and the revs in the mid section don't downshift also..

20. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

The 911 GT1 didn't force me to use my h-pattern / clutch once I had it set up again, maybe a sequential stick? Alternativly I forgot to set something back up...

Double checked, it is a sequential gearbox.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017