1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GNU/Linux (Steam OS) support?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 3316V, Nov 25, 2013.

1. 3316V

3316V Alien

Hi,

Nowadays I only log-on to Windows to play Assetto Corsa and some games. Since Valve is moving to their Linux based OS soon and they said they are working with a lot of game developers to port their games to Linux. I wonder what's the case of Assetto Corsa.

Do Kunos simulazioni have any plans to support Linux any time in the distant (or hopefully not so much) future?

Cheers!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality 1.0.9 VR centering (SteamVR) feedback Sep 18, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC does not start (SteamVR) May 29, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer High ping on Linux (SteamPlay/Proton) Dec 27, 2018
    ACC Multiplayer Query protocol (Steam and Steam connect support) Nov 17, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Too little space to install AC (Steam) on main SSD disk. Another HDD? Feb 11, 2018
    Chit Chat Room VR With virtual desktop (steam application) May 24, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Using g27 through usb over ip (steam streaming workaround) Mar 16, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Corona motorsport (steam game) Mar 6, 2015

3. 3316V

3316V Alien

4. The Kunos seems to be full stack windows company, their codes not seems to be really directx + dotnet heavy. So sadly that distant future might be a little bit distant.

But if they are going to get to other platforms without dotnet and directx, then linux might be a viable option.

5. Darren Marsh

Darren Marsh Racer

6. 3316V

3316V Alien

Interesting, but very disappointed to read about AC being ported to consoles.

7. Darren Marsh

Darren Marsh Racer

He only said it's a possibility.

8. GeraArg

GeraArg Simracer

Debian + my games = heaven. :cool::D:D:D

9. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

There is a possibility for Linux server, but the client is harder to do for such a small studio.

10. 3316V

3316V Alien

Arch + my games = heaven. :cool::D:D:D

GeraArg likes this.
  11. 3316V

3316V Alien

No news about this I guess. :(

12. GeraArg

GeraArg Simracer

I have a partition with Slackware, the game installed there = heaven | the process to install the game = the most hardcore nightmare in history.:eek: :p

BTW, anyone try to install the game using wine or crossover?

13. 3316V

3316V Alien

Wine doesn't work with Dx11 programs at the moment.

14. GeraArg

GeraArg Simracer

Crossover support DX11 ;)

15. 3316V

3316V Alien

16. Quffy

Quffy Alien

How does it affect pc community?

17. Manorba

Manorba Gamer

it does. the playstation OS is built upon BSD, and uses a customized version of openGL. once you have a working ps build the linux and mac versions are just a little step further :D

18. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Yes, though you wrote in a positive way, but 3316V did it in a negative.

19. Manorba

Manorba Gamer

oh the irony...

20. 3316V

3316V Alien

The PS3 graphics were based in OpenGL too, so what? How many ports did you see on GNU/Linux because of this?

The problem with doing a game for consoles (apart for the big chunk of money M$ and Sony demands) having such a small team only means delaying the game for us. And in the best of the cases, they can ignore the fanbase of the peasants and not a lot changes, but if they start listening to the potato users nothing good can happen for sim racers.

21. Lord Xaffax

Lord Xaffax Rookie

Well Windows is not the only OS that runs on a PC. In fact I'm far from the only one in my social circles running a dual boot Linux/Windows on my PC. The fact is, we only start up Windows for games and the odd application that doesn't have a native Linux version. And we are pushing for native Linux versions of stuff that doesn't have a comparable native Linux version. Right now there is no hardcore racing sim with a native Linux version (Except for Dirt Rally.) The first one that does with a (lazer scanned Nordschleife), will have the Linux community. So that's a race between I-racing, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, R-factor2 and maybe even Forza and GT. (Race driver Grid does have a native Linux version, but just comes up short.)