1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

TrackIR and head tracking discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by KillZoneGB, Mar 9, 2018.

1. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

I have been using TrackIR for over a decade, I really couldn't handle driving without it, even with my present ultrawide.

However, I moved to VR about four months ago and my current TIR setup has been in the closer since then. Even though I have a month before I can run ACC with VR, it wouldn't be worth the time to put my old gear back together, even if it were available in-game. There just isn't enough distinct difference in gameplay to be worth the effort for a month. And I feel that the time spent keeping apexes in sight in single-monitor view (esp. left-handers!) is actually good remedial practice for me.

2. J.Seyerle

J.Seyerle Rookie

I also vote for trackir support. I can’t use VR and trackir is very helpful for me and supported in all other sims.
    It would be a shame if ACC cannot eventually support this.

lazarov27, KillZoneGB and cr4wl3r0 like this.
  3. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

Head tracking has its good points over Vr, and surely can be succesfully used with wide screens (I own an ultra wide curved one and I use facetracknoir with racesims etc....)
    So, I can not but encourage you all trackir/facetracknoir happy users to let your voice be heard by Kunos.....and hope Kunos will hear us.........

lazarov27 and J.Seyerle like this.
  4. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

I'd even go a step further saying EDTR is superiour to TRIR. It's way cheaper (especially the DIY version) and it's independent of the lighting conditions.
    Plus it does not need an additional camera.

5. HammerHomicide

HammerHomicide Simracer

+1 for TrackIR support from me, as well. Always found it useful in driving games, be it AC, Eurotruck or whatever. Indeed, it can get confusing/disorienting in racing games with 1:1 movement but with little adjustments it works great.

My "race setup" for TrackIR is to limit pitch so that it basically stops after the rear view mirror comes into view. There's also a little bit of downward movement just for balance and to keep it natural. And since the left side mirror is closer to me, I've set the yaw to be more sensitive (faster) on the left for the first few degrees so I can quickly glance at the mirror/oncoming apex but it then eases out to such slow movement it's nigh impossible to accidentally turn my head beyond 50° or so to the left. On the right it goes faster (while still a little slower than the left) up to 40° or there abouts up 'til the right side mirror comes into view. After that it slows down drastically, finally coming to a halt at 90°. This way I can keep my head movement limited while driving but in case I go off the track I can still look out from both windows to check oncoming traffic while getting back on tarmac.

But yeah, like many things in life, not everything is for everyone. For me, TrackIR works great.

6. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

Regarding trackir/facetracknoir ACC support, I inform you that my Facetracknoir setup works perfectly in Project Cars 2 when I launch it under "steam vr" option (from steam installed games menu). (in fact there are three option when lanching PCars 2: 1) no vr 2) steam vr 3) (don' t remember but I will edit ...)
    So I suppose that if ACC would run under steam vr, then chances there are that facetracknoir could work (I HOPE)
    Sorry for the very basic info, but perhaps someone could go further
    Thank you !!

7. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

As far as I understand, games supporting VR will implicitely support TrackIR (and compatibles using the same API) aswell, as "moving the camera view angle" is just a subset of the whole VR thing.

But that's just my assumption and I may be completely wrong.

8. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

edited to add information...

9. Roundlay

Roundlay Rookie

+1

Having used custom trackers and TrackIR in AC, I'm very much looking forward to tracker support in ACC.

10. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

+ another 1! I'm finding the current static cockpit view unnatural and would also like to see head tracking in ACC.

11. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

Best thing we can do is to keep this thread alive to make ACC Devs aware of the need of trackur support.
    Also a word from Devs would be very appreciated......

12. BTL.357

BTL.357 Gamer

I had really hoped head tracker support would be in from the start (using EDTracker myself), because it really helps me out looking into those tight corners like T1 and 2 on Nürburgring.

Since head tracking will be needed for VR support it should be in the next release ... hopefully.

13. iggor

iggor Gamer

this is THE best sim game out there as if they wouldnt support trackir...and i hope they do as this game is the only reason i just bought trackir and cockpit wheel pedles monitor computer..trust me i just spent 7k on the best stuff for this game .so they better support it...lol

14. iggor

iggor Gamer

well please consider ...as this is the best game on the market and will be for years..so please support trackir .we need it,as this game is the only reason i bought trackir and spent 7k on cockpit monitor wheels pedles ect ..please reconsider you cant have the best game out there without this ..pllleeeeeeease...pretty please

fouquet and cr4wl3r0 like this.
  15. hellfrog_ACFR

hellfrog_ACFR Rookie

with multiscreen and many years of trackIR, being used to having it since first versions, and eyeglasses needed relative to being not so young, I prefer TIR support, and don't use VR for now...
    many users of AC are not so young men, and many have multiscreen with TIR... not all, I agree. but they are maybe an important part of regular licensed players... and are honestly hopping for TIR support with reason...
    and it is not so complicated and long to add in development... even if not a priority, we can understand, it is a request that sould be heard.

fouquet and cr4wl3r0 like this.
  16. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

To Assetto Corsa Dev Team: please can you give us some info about the support for trackir ?
    ..... a casa mia si dice chiedere è lecito, rispondere è cortesia: grazie :)

WardogZ and fouquet like this.
  17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

For the time being, try helmet camera then. That one is not static. And FOV and distance to helmet rim already can be altered.
    A later implementation of a menu that lets you easily alter the amount and the kind of head movement in helmet camera, probably would be welcomed by many players.

18. Andi Wreckit

Andi Wreckit Rookie

+1 for Trackir support! Yes please thank you!!

19. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

I've tried helmet cam but don't like the roll you get when turning - again, it seems unnatural to me.

fouquet likes this.
  20. goon

goon Gamer

Another vote for TrackIR support please. It's second nature to me now, and vital.