1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks for your reply mate :) My feelings on dry track at ACC:
    Still "strange" and uninformative. While straight away its scratchy and noisy and it feels like my old G25. While cornering I get not really any informations about the car. The forces comes too damped and too slow. I've to use more visuals and audio effects than the FFB. Something I've done also in Project Cars 2 while testing.

First thoughts: It's just unusual but its still there also after around 13h ingame.

Greets After_Midnight

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    NWG.Slum likes this.
  2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Does the AC Twitter read what they retweet? Sometimes I wonder.

3. Guys did you simplify the physics?
    Or I just got berrer?
    I mean, yesterday it was very difficult to maintain stability on the last chicane I if hit the carbs. To day seems to be a childhood play. Also in turn 5, yesterday while breaking I loose the rear many times.not today. Even breaking hard into it. It's like if esp is on, but it's not. Strange.

4. Psit

Psit Alien

Simplified, its the way to go.
    All those stickies in this forum explain how they simplified it.

5. Nd4spdvn

Nd4spdvn Gamer

There are 2 types of dampening implementation both used by AC happening at the same time as they are not excluding each other. One is for controlling the standstill heaviness of the wheel and the other for the regular heaviness of the wheel when driving at speed. For the 2nd when driving at speed, the devs introduced ALSO the experimental GYRO setting which can only work properly with the DAMPER forces activated in the driver (and at 100% for the consumer wheels like TM and Fanatec) and acts as a more realistic damping based on actual physics. And the above is not just my understanding it was actually explained by the devs themselves. Aris could confirm quickly when he sees this post. I will dare say we need to learn to properly setup our wheels and leave perceptions aside. Hope I am not offending anyone with this, and I apologize in advance, but a lot, and I mean a lot of FFB complains are coming from improper wheel setups which are usually propagated by people, well intended no doubt, but still based on perceptions or word of mouth.

6. paul thomas

paul thomas Racer

So if I understand correctly Gyro is using direct input dampening and at rest. The 2nd method is using the direct input constant force ?

7. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

From my understanding it got closer to real life, without any "fake" canned effects or filters. I would suggest that you read the pinned threads (should give you a better picture) and answer any questions.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  8. Nd4spdvn

Nd4spdvn Gamer

Yes, you are correct. The amount of the dampening on the second method was controlled with a number from 0-100 in the ASSETTO_CORSA.ini FF_EXPERIMENTAL section DAMPER_GAIN setting. For those activating GYRO=1, like myself, AND depending of the wheel rim size (very important) the GAIN was in the range of 15-30 (less for larger, heavier rims and more for the lighter ones). On my TS PC with the formula shipping rim DAMPER_GAIN=30 was the correct setting. With the Sparco 33cm rim I used 15. All of these were advised by the devs btw.

9. I don't understand what you mean for pinned threads. Thank you

10. what stickies?

11. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

He means he was driving worse yesterday in acc and is suddenly driving better today so he thinks it got updated and got easier (yay for muscle memory the next day? :p)

Salvatore Amato and mantasisg like this.
  12. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Does AI racers have unique characters or what ? :D I am setting up AI aggression extremely low, and some from time to time are still very suicidal in side to side battles. However, if you don't expect them to let you through easily then you can have a nice little battle, they go slow but nice to race. Very easy to send it. Had a few really good races. Though the AI are very slow in general, they still beat me at the top laptime somehow, must be very inconsistent. Slow on reacting to green flag, makes a jam, and continues going almost like people in my town, starts going a second or two after the car in front drives away.

13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Aaah that AC ai nostalgia. Good to see at least one thing that remained familiar.:D;)

NWG.Slum likes this.
  14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I’ve just gone through the thread list and discovered this:

ISSUE Very high steering wheel sensitivity

... and I nearly died laughing

No offense to the OP, I haven’t read it yet, the Titel is just hilariously fitting from the watch our FFB discussion. Srry :D:D:D:D

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  15. mms

mms Alien

That has nothing to do with the FFB really, it's more an issue with some Logitech wheels, you turn the physical wheel a bit that results in a pretty large movement of the one in the game...

NWG.Slum likes this.
  16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I know, it was just the title...

17. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Luca did a beautiful job with the sounds, 'Epic' comes to mind:)

18. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

About to hit 100 HRS :)

[​IMG]

Anyone got more time in the Sim?

Eric Rowland, IgnacioKotas and dbr93 like this.
  19. dgeesio

dgeesio Rookie

Please fix the no save options. many talk about it but still nothing on any social media platform or steam saying its been noticed or being fixed. games great cant play it cause it wont save. mentioned on twitter , facebook, reddit , steam , official forums. not one reply or notification about it being even acknowledged. please fix it or atleast say we are aware of the issue.thanks