1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Note that the G29 comes with 3 pedals with simple springs. But no more shifter included like it was in the G27 pack. If you can get a new pack of G27 somewhere ("lost anf forgotten on the shelves..."), I would prefer that over the newer G29, but only if it is indeed factory-new.

2. tow

tow Racer

You are right. Set TAA to epic ghosting is gone.

3. dbr93

dbr93 Gamer

Tbh graphic is perfect for me and i dont see any mistake after 15h playing
    2k 60 fps fix (never go down) all on epic (shadow on low) with 20 cars night and rain
    Game is optimizated very well..i'm surprised about it

4. mms

mms Alien

Unfortunately by activating this thing it only cuts the FPS almost to half, nothing changed regarding the latency/graphics lag :(

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  5. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

[​IMG]

Hey ACC Bros, we have a Thrustmaster TMX and looking for FFB settings, and the such.

Please advise :D

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thats odd because for me it seems the default is 8 as the performance I receive with this variable removed aligns with the performance setting of 8. To be safe I would prefer to set this variable to remove any guess work out of the equation. This option would be handy for people with lower end specs or wanting to setup scalability groups. Please read here:- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1313703067

Add:- "MaxAnisotropy should range from 1 to 16. Higher values mean better texure quality when using anisotropic filtering but at a cost to performance. Default is 4."

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  7. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

What are your guys FFB Settings, on which wheel?

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Not sure if I ever saw a kunos product make the top 10 steam top sellers in a week before. :eek: Its priced at a steal and was discussed in by Nvidia a bit with RTX tech so doing well for an EA sim title.

upload_2018-9-17_19-13-0.png

9. dbr93

dbr93 Gamer

DFGT
    FFB Strength 87
    Gain 0

NWG.Slum likes this.
  10. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

Okay awesome, thank you so much :)

We have several setups we are working on getting dialed in. We have a Thrustmaster TMX that we are doing first. Anyone have some settings for this thing?

I am waiting for Fanatec to ship me their engineering samples but man, this is taking forever LOL!

Thanks again.

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

game default, I think I could increase damping a little
    [​IMG]

After_Midnight and NWG.Slum like this.
  12. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

Thank you very, very much.

13. Same wheel here with very similar settings.
    How is the feel of the wheel?

mantasisg and NWG.Slum like this.
  14. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Very good, I just drove in the wet like it was WRC :D I got used to FFB rather quickly. I often do rather jazzy stuff in the optimum dry too, like 4wheel drifts, powerslides, all kinds of shakes without even lifting (scary) :D I think to try 90 overall strength and ~40-50damping, I don't want too much damping, because then it feels like you can rip your desk apart when countersteering :D At least it was so in AC. I used gyro.

How is it for you @After_Midnight ?

15. Damper only gives the wheel weight while sitting still. Spent an hour or so testing with it at 100% and at 0% yesterday and could tell no difference once moving.

16. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

Huh okay so that's confirmed then. I was wondering about that last evening. Hopefully I get some time this week to start to dial things in.

17. I use 90% in the control panel for my T300 because that is what was recommended to me a couple years ago by a Kunos dev. (who I believe got his info from somebody at Thrustmaster, but not 100% sure of that)
    I like a decently heavy wheel and I don't mind if the ffb clips while driving over kerbs and such; 90% in control panel and 100% in game seems fine for me. Simply lower the gain in game if you want a lighter wheel or if you want to avoid clipping at all costs.

NWG.Slum likes this.
  18. Nd4spdvn

Nd4spdvn Gamer

With the original AC the driver damper setting was influencing the GYRO and correctness of GYRO (optional) setting in the ini. As GYRO is now baked in ACC, putting the driver damping at anything less than 100% may or will influence the way the creators of ACC meant to convey the FFB in this simulation.

NWG.Slum likes this.
  19. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Yes in AC damper definitely influanced GYRO, and now the gyro is in by default for sure as said ^^^

So perhaps ACC alters those settings, as the game can change the wheel settings ? because it is really weird if you didn't get any difference with both extremes of the setting. Or gyro just kicks in differently. Hmmm

By the way, I think Gyro is the reason why some guys don't feel very well about FFB, they probably aren't used to gyroscopic effect, should get used soon.

20. paul thomas

paul thomas Racer

Dampening definitely only kicks in when stopped. I can tell when dampening kicks in as it lights up on the direct input effect in the simcube software. As soon as I stop the dampening indicator comes on. It doesn't turn off as soon as ACC turns the dampening off because Simucube displays the status of any direct input command in the last 30 seconds. But after it goes out it doesn't come back on till the car has stopped.
    So gyro either doesn't use dampening or it not implemented yet or its bugged

NWG.Slum likes this.