1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

^ That's what I am talking about.

Already suggesting to rip of Kunos tracks to use them in their previous title. It is not right.

Kopiller likes this.
  2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

excuse me.. I am not suggesting ripping off anything. I never use illegal content. My question is will Kunos officially do this work and will they be allowed to do so if they wanted too. I will write it more clearly next time..

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Sorry, @Coanda. I somehow did wrong interpretation, was easy to do it in the context of modding.

Back to your question I think the answer would be - no. Unless it wouldn't be AC but something else far in the future.

Coanda likes this.
  4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Kunos clearlly said that they will not have modding. BUT If people figure out how to make them and put them in they will not stop them... so just give some time to those modders and time will tell :)

5. fabT

fabT Alien

Finally got the new PC in my hands.

I've put resolution to 1080p, max settings, vsync=on on and max fps=60.

ACC seems running quite comfortably.
    No hiccups except for some occasional weird micro-stuttering ( it was with vsync=off though).

Still i'm looking for performance / system optimization tips.
    Main specs are i5 8600k + GTX 1080 ( Not Ti ) + 16Gb RAM + Samsung 860 EVO, Win 10 Pro.

Any advices ? Ty.

6. I would recommend turning off the in game vsync and fps cap and instead use adaptive vsync in the nvidia control panel.

fabT, miky, Schnipp and 1 other person like this.
  7. unknwn

unknwn Alien

There are better alternatives if minimal input lag is important like FPS limit (using inbuilt limiter) setting 2 FPS below the refresh rate to reduce tearing.
    There is also new RTSS "scanline sync" feature that reduces tearing and supposedly should add only minimal lag unlike VSYNC. https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4173

PUBG (also using UE4) input lag test results for reference (VSYNC ON produces 3x avg input lag compared to OFF on 60Hz screen):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    fabT likes this.
  8. I should cature my frames to 58? o_O

9. unknwn

unknwn Alien

On 60Hz screen you can try 58 FPS cap, others suggested to run +2/3 FPS cap instead of -2. Not necessary it will give you results you expect however it can stabilize the tearline making tearing and stutter less obvious.
    You can also try "scanline sync" from beta RTSS. In few cases I have tested it provided nearly VSYNC like experience without noticeable input lag that actual VSYNC adds, however I haven't tested it in ACC. Downside is that it doesn't work well if GPU utilization is heavy (some suggested you should have <60-70% GPU usage).

There is also another approach if VSYNC ON is wanted:
    https://www.blurbusters.com/howto-low-lag-vsync-on/

After_Midnight likes this.
  10. Thanks for the reply :)

Greets After_Midnight

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

12. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

For tearing just use Nvidia FastSync (or AMD equivalent) from the panel and stop trying urban leyend solutions like 58fps cap or doing the rain dance because they are just nonsense.

It's either that or buying a Gsync/Freesync monitor.

After_Midnight likes this.
  13. unknwn

unknwn Alien

FPS cap works to either reduce input lag when using in combination with VSYNC/GSYNC or to reduce stutters when running without VSYNC.
    "scanline sync" in RTSS can provide zero visible tearing if GPU can provide stable frametime.
    Fast sync is recommended to be run with FPS higher than refresh rate (users suggest multiple times e.g. 3x ) otherwise it causes stutters. Unless you have high end rig and relatively low resulotion to run few hundred FPS it is not a solution for new games (including ACC).

Some notes from blurbusters.com about Fast Sync:

gdavis626 likes this.
  14. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Stutter is not that bad in most games, and is still better than tearing or massive input lag of vsync, all other solutions are placebo, this has been discussed million times on the internet and I'm still amazed how people spending many hundreds in pc parts are generally so uninformed.

Input lag, tearing, stutter, expensive monitor. => pick one.

15. unknwn

unknwn Alien

AC (first one) produces noticeable stuttering without FPS cap on my system. FPS cap gets rid of stutters however tearing is still visible. I prefer to choose minimal tearing over input lag or stutters.
    Fast Sync also produces noticeable stutter on my system. Unless system can push at least 3x FPS of refresh rate Fast Sync introduces both stutters and small amount of input lag. This option basically trades tearing for combination of stutters and small amount of input lag. Works great in older games where system push 300fps.
    RTSS with "scanline sync" can provide zero tearing (VSYNC ON like experience) with minimal additional lag compared to actual VSYNC. This options seems like best of both worlds if GPU is capable to keep the frametime stable.

There are various solutions documented on sites such as blurbusters.com. You need to check it out before calling a placebo.

LeDude83 likes this.
  16. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Sorry for the double post...
    Regarding FPS cap below/above refresh rate:
    [​IMG]

17. Stains

Stains Simracer

Whatever my Rift uses to cap my FPS to 90 is what i use ! Well also cap to 93 in RTSS to stop stupid runaway frames ;)

18. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

LeiF and mESCx like this.
  19. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Some time ago in AC, I experimented with many combinations of frame caps, VSyncs, in game and in the Nvidia control panel, to get rid of bad screen tearing. The solution that worked best for me, no tearing and no stutters, was simply to enable Nvidia Fast Synch. That worked on my system, in any case (GTX 980 on 60 Hz triples). There's no way I would have achieved 120 FPS uncapped with my rig.