1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 First thing: UDP

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rickredrick, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Easy and most valuable add-on. About the only smart thing PBugs did in the last year. Add UDP, a way app programmers can make all kinds of free or very cheap ($5) android and Windows add-ons like Crew Chief and PCars Profiler (new name of course) for Assetto Corsa console users and they wouldn't cost Kunos a cent.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars There ist something wrong with track location. Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Sixty Simthings Jan 31, 2024
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Nothing is saved (HUD, race result) Jul 3, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Does anything happen ... Mar 9, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions To fix everything.... Dec 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Strange things after loading mid-save race Dec 9, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Fatal Error no say nothing else Nov 6, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Super slow in Formula Hybrid cars and setups don't do anything Feb 1, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality [Fixed] Motion smoothing not available in steamvr per-application settings. Dec 23, 2021
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues No colors anymore everything is Grey Nov 30, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Am I missing something? (Playing on controller) Nov 24, 2021
    ACC User Interface DLSS Problem. Image Scalingis missing [DLSS and IS are two different things] Nov 24, 2021
    Chit Chat Room I would like to post something Sep 12, 2021
    ACC Gameplay It is not normal that I can save anything during series or sessions Aug 23, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Removing not important things in graphical option Aug 20, 2021

3. Yeah, so at least we could use apps to read out tire temperatures.
    For proper racing i need at least tire-temperatures while driving. Without tire temperatures i can only guess how much i can push the car in the next corner.

4. ashasha

ashasha Rookie

I couldn't agree any more. I mean if the PC version didn't already have it then I wouldn't hold my breath, but I believe that it does and it works amazing with PCARS on the XBox.

5. hobieone

hobieone Gamer

I agree this is definitely needed. and yes, the pc version has this already. so why not the consoles. pcars proves doing this does also work on the consoles.

6. ashasha

ashasha Rookie

Does Crew Chief work with AC?

7. Chris White

Chris White Gamer

8. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Remember Project Cars broke new ground implementing this, and if it wasn't for one guy from the dev team working on it in his own time it would never of happened, you then need the community app developers to create / patch their tools for it to be of any use what so ever.

It does show the impact that the data output via UDP on console has had, as people now expect it from a 'sim' but in reality only one title has implemented it so far.

There are many things that need to be done with Assetto Corsa and UDP apps would be a great feature but actually displaying useful data in game would be a better first step!

9. hobieone

hobieone Gamer

they need to expand the in game date on the hud while racing on the console version and get this working as well. but before any thing I like to se private lobbies as a priority for the console version

10. skeinon

skeinon Rookie

Hi, please send UDP data !!!!

i won't play nothing that Assetto Corsa (after patch, without tearing, this game make me stunned) but.....

I love run with my devices around and second screen sticked on the steering wheel.... i've recently downloaded VDash EMU and Slimax manager pro (with the console bridge, consoles owners can receive telemetry data from Project Cars and F1 2016) . Those softwares RULEZ!... i can create fully configurable dashboards and buttonboxes with the integrated editor usin my own graphics or templates from users ecc. i can also manage steering devices, external displays hardware and setups at will.

well i'm very glad of the experience and want absolutely melt this with AC !!!!!

Please Kunos!! .. ..send data from PS4.. I beg you on my knees...

now...sorry the idioma but i need to explain in my language.

Dai Kunos, grandi!! IL "gioco" è stratosferico!!!... agli altri giochi di corse li polverizza... ora che gira bene poi non ne parliamo. Però i dati UDP ci servono... .. e Grazie, per l'attenzione e per AC su PS4

ah.. i forgot.. take a look at http://www.eksimracing.com/

11. Jim Britton

Jim Britton Hardcore Simmer

If Kunos added UDP data to AC I'd be happy to add support to Crew Chief. The data format is tricky to get right because you need to keep each data packet under the MTU (about 1400 bytes), so things like driver names and stuff have to sent less frequently than standard game data packets. Once you've added opponent car positions, tyre & brake temps, suspension data, engine data, timing data and all the other stuff it's hard to keep each packet under 1400 bytes - you need to make every byte (and even every bit) count. It's not a simple task for the game devs and it ends up taking quite a lot of time once you factor in testing as well, but the brilliant work Tim Mann did for PCars shows that it *is* possible.

Each app has slightly different data requirements so coming up with a format that's as useful as possible is a challenge - app developers like me are happy to work with Kunos if they want some input on this, but the ball's in their court

RoccoTTS and Henry_T23 like this.
  12. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

There so many important things that should be "first thing" (private lobbies, leaderboards...) that UDP, such an important feature for a sim, isnt the "first thing". Hope to see it soon though.

13. Lmbg

Lmbg Rookie