1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Possibility of pedal, brake and clutch on-screen indicators - Health reasons

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by HecticZA, Oct 13, 2016.

1. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

Good day.

I only aquired a wheel over the weekend for the PS4.

The problem is that I'm a Diabetic and have severe neuropathy in my feet and legs, along with circulation problems. This means that I rarely have any real sensation in my feet especially. Only in extreme case do I feel any pain in my feet.

I've lost a couple of toes and a small part of my right foot due to amputations.

Since the weekend I've got several bruises at the bottom of my right foot. This happens because I'm unsure of how much or how hard I'm pressing on the accelerator pedal. Obviously it is the same for the brakes, but I'm less on the brakes than the accelerator.

I also have some cuts because my foot is slipping of the accelerator without me knowing. Only when I lose a lot of speed or the engine revs are low enough so that I notice, do I realize that my foot is off the gas.
    I'm using the G29 and it has progressive braking, which I can't really utilize, because I have no idea how much I'm braking.

The risk for me is that cuts leads to the possibility of infections and infections and sores are bad news for diabetics. Also the bruising is a huge problem due to the poor circulation in my feet and the risk for further amputations are good with these problems.

I can't really wear shoes. I've tried slippers, but they don't help that much. It did eliminate any further cuts though, but not bruising.

I'm sure other people may enjoy the feature as well and if it comes with an option to display it or not, it won't be a problem for anyone?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Possibility to use Acc for a project Jul 18, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting No possibility to even start a race [AMD GPU driver crash - ATIDXX64.dll] Dec 29, 2021
    ACC User Interface Adding the possibility to set a start + end for replays before saving Jan 14, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Possibility to upload liveries on ACC Console Dec 6, 2020
    Chit Chat Room LAN or any possibility to play with friend and AIs Dec 5, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Possibility of forcing "One Make" (Like Porsche Cup) in Public MP Jan 15, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Possibility to train a specific corner or track-section Jan 11, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Possibility to drive single races with own name? Nov 3, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Possibility to turn off EVERY DOF/Blurring effect? Jun 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Possibility to stall on ACC ? Jun 10, 2018
    General modding discussion Possibility to get rid of original skins? Jul 4, 2017
    Suggestions Possibility to choose the livery online and pit strategy like PC version Jun 28, 2017
    Console Lounge Possibility to save the replay in online races May 23, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Possibility to order saved replay list in game (date) Mar 21, 2017
    Console Lounge The possibility to change the Aero wings on Porsche 917/30 are missing on PS4 , is possible on PC Dec 18, 2016

3. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Agree 100%

4. Yeah, I want to see Throttle, Brake, Clutch, and Steering Indicator, just like on PC.

5. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Kunos, please give our console-playing petrol-brothers their Apps, just like the dudes on the PC use them .
    If they´ve got them already, ignore please .

KS got some great apps to show you stuff, for instance a pedal-meter, a box with all 3 pedals shown in differing colours with the addition of a 4th bar to show your FFB (and if it is clipping) .

TitzonToast likes this.
  6. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Sorry to hear your situation man, I have a big heart and geniunely feel for anyone held back by something like your illness. Just out of suggestion as something to help maybe some socks, some that aren't too slippery or that have the rubber grip pads on the soles could help. I used to always wear socks on my on g25/g27 as I found it much more comfortable. The G29 is much harder than what the g25/g27 was which can actually be reverted by removing something I think but it's been much harder for me to get adjusted to it due to this new firmness, It does feel more progressively realistic but with no FFB you cannot tell where the locking point is easily on a consistent basis which is annoying and hindering even to myself as a fit young able bodied person. The telemetry for this would help greatly also.

7. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

It may sound silly and not be helpful - but would the cages cyclists use help at all to stop you slipping? Modify your pedals... On screen indicators would be an unobtrusive addition I think and for some people essential - like yourself. Good Idea.
    Sorry to hear of your difficulties and wish you well for the future - good luck Hectic

8. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

I've thought about some options of keeping my foot in place or at least in line with pedals, but haven't though about your suggestion. I will look into it.
    Thx.
    :)

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Grand Apeiron likes this.
  9. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

Make sure they are quick release eh! Good Luck :)
    Could try Velcro too....

Grand Apeiron and HecticZA like this.
  10. Thats a good idea. Just These cages are pretty hard. Maybe you could just cut off the back of some old shoes and fix the foreside of the shoes on the paddles? On the thrustmaster pqddles this should be possible I guess as the have holes which could be used for screwing the sole to the paddles, or eveb just fixing with a small line would be possible. Bike shoes for for click pedals would also already have holes in the sole whivh could be used.

I really hope you can go on and that the pedal indicator will come.