1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 1.09 FFB Wheel Straight

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by matt5687, Nov 30, 2016.

1. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

Has anyone noticed that the wheel feels super light a few degrees left and right of centre since 1.09? Its like a deadzone where there is no feedback.

Got to say, I think I preferred the driving before 1.09. Never thought I would say that.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality 10900k, 3080, g2 help Apr 13, 2021
    Console Lounge New Year Hotlap Challenge #109 – What the FxxK??? It’s 2019! Dec 30, 2018
    Tracks modding [wip][open source] aul gal gp track v0.3.1 (110915) - rtblender Aug 27, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Crash while loading car 109rc Nov 12, 2014
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster ts-xw ffb on pc Feb 26, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting FFB is lost after going to the Menus Feb 3, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Redurce FFB on Curbs Jan 25, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals What's happened to ACC FFB Jan 3, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Better FFB in ACC for low-medium range wheels? Dec 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB coming and going at random with Thurstmaster TS-XW Aug 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Weird ffb on G920 Aug 21, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No FFB from Simagic Alpha Mini Aug 5, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB and FOV Jul 20, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Lost of FFB - PC Jun 7, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals PC - FFB issues Jun 7, 2023

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

They should really add minforce to console.

4. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

What is min force? Like a value that the wheel never drops below so always produces some resistance?

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im not sure exactly how it works tbh. But if the ffb is dead at the center you add a bit of minforce, value is different for different wheels, so it..well, gives forces in the middle. Its not magic so hopefully someone can explain it better.

I think it stop the low forces that doesnt come to the wheel anyway and replace them with higher forces, and thats why, but dont take that explanation as truth.

Here a guy mention it. Watch from 2:40. Just a few words but that describes it:

edit: Im not sure if you talk about a regular deadzone or a ffb deadzone.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    Alexandr66 likes this.
  6. Duster24

Duster24 Simracer

I noticed it last night with my T150. thought that maybe it was just me since I was playing F1 2016 before AC.

7. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

It's not just you. The night before 1.09 came out I had made a record in excel of all my preferred FFB settings per car and so was very sensitive to change as I was increasing 1 percent more/less until I was happy. I felt the difference after 1.09 immediately and I would say it feels vastly inferior to before.

8. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Have you got 'understeer effect' activated? I still have version 1.03 (xbox), but I feel a very noticeable difference in the central area of the feedback when I turn it on, as if it filled in some dead gaps I otherwise feel. I've read some don't like this effect at all, but maybe you could give it a go (if you don't use it already) to check if it could be of any use until they sort this problem out - hopefully soon, as their image is unfortunately getting more and more tarnished with all that.

9. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

Something I've noticed since 1.09 is if I select a quick race, wait for the grid to load up my wheel (TM T300), has a small 'jolt' and kicks a couple of degrees to the right ?
    Also, there seems to be a noticeable deadzone when driving straight ahead where there is no feeling unless I 'jiggle' left / right slightly. Even on the broken surface section of Black Cat County, unless I'm loading the tyres on any car by steering one way or the other, there is no feel at all !

matt5687 likes this.
  10. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

Exactly this. It's so noticeable since 1.09. On some cars pre 1.09 there was a lack of feel right in the centre but very small, now those cars have a huge amount either side of centre where there is no FFB. The FFB works in the centre as is evidenced by curbs and ABS but just not road feel when going straight.

11. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

I have it set to off as I think the under steer feeling is better and more realistic with it off and this is still the case after 1.09. I will try it with it on but can't see it making up the difference.

The feel everywhere else except straight ahead and initial turn-in/entering a straight is actually better than before 1.09 so its not all bad. It just doesn't feel as realistic because there is force when going through a corner and then like a switch, that force disappears when you straighten up and your left with a sloppy wheel with no FFB all the way down the straight and at initial turn-in to the next corner.

It feels very much like driving a car with knackered track rod ends, you are never really sure of the cars direction when straight and it can feel like it wanders and needs small corrections.

As a suggestion to KS, would it be possible to have the FFB options as per the PC? Minimum force, per car FFB and damping for example?

Thanks

Snowman38 and Pleite like this.
  12. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

I don't even have a wheel yet.. Just using a controller.. and I can 100% understand what you're saying right here. I wish I hadn't read this, my wheel is on the way and this sounds like I'm going to hate it. Hope they sort this out.. the FFB should never "disappear" like that.

13. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

Don't judge it solely on what I've written as feel is a really subjective thing. You may love it as others do so look forward to your wheel and make your own mind up when youve got some hours on the wheel. I am going to force myself past the issue because everywhere else the feel is fantastic. You have plenty to look forward to.

14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

@matt5687
    At least on PC the minforce is different depending on how much force you set in the wheel profiler. Since you dont have a wheel control panel on console I guess that is decided by gain ingame, so try to fiddle around with it and see if the deadzone becomes less noticeable with more or less gain.

15. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

Thanks. I have increased overall FFB gain and the slack feeling does decrease but by the time its acceptable the forces are so high when cornering that its extremely hard to turn the wheel. So that moves the problem rather than solves it. Cheers though.

16. Duster24

Duster24 Simracer

So this is wierd, today run some laps in the WHC, and my wheel felt just the same as before the update.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  17. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

Strange. I didn't manage to test anything out yesterday but I will have a go tonight. Did you experience the lack of forces when straight then randomly it was back to the way it was or did you do anything like restart the PS4 or unplug the wheel? Just trying to get an idea of whether this is a bug related to the DOR problems or if it is a result of the upgraded physics that came with 1.09

18. I played Version 1.09 with my T500 yesterday the first time on PS4 Pro (Quick Race, Brands Hatch Indy, BMW M3 Group A)
    I played it then back to back on my PS4 with still Version 1.03. I could not notice a problem with FFB. Love the update.

19. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

Great info, thanks. I was hoping to hear from someone who has access to 1.03 on PS4.

Would you be willing to test a specific car/track/FFB settings combo to try and replicate my findings?

Cheers

20. Duster24

Duster24 Simracer

My PS way off when I started so it was a fresh boot. try ed again layer in the evening With a fresh boot and was normal again.

21. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

Thanks. My PS4 was off when the update came out and I turned it on to download and install it, I then tried the game and found the FFB feel I've been describing but since then its only been in and out of rest mode and the FFB felt the same every time. I will try rebooting with the wheel plugged in and see if that helps.