1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

24 hours Daytona

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by rd.king, Jan 30, 2016.

1. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Yeah, we watched about ~8hrs including the last 3 up to 15 minutes, then we HAD to leave the house for something. :p But, thanks to the magics of the internets... :p

My kids were strangely into it. When they woke up this morning, were excited to see the race some more. " Dad! Have they really been driving all night?!" Can't wait until next year. We'll have a plan to be around for the finish. :)

Seria17hri11er and AurusCE like this.
  2. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Also here is something I think pretty interesting that happened during the last part of the race. I was checking Twitter and saw Porsche tweeted this:
    -302d4e168d5ae121.jpg
    Right after this tweet the 912 car got passed by the Corvette, and then by the other Corvette, and the big fight was over.

arthur666 likes this.
  3. kevje

kevje Racer

Did the #912 Porsche double stint its tyres or something? It seemed to struggle for grip in the last 30 minutes of the race, making it rather easy for the Vettes to take the win.

The GTD's were also quite amusing with the fuel saving til the end :D

I expected more from the P class, but that unfortunately ended rather quietly. Nevermind the PC cars, they were invisible and have only reinforced my disinterest in that class...

St3fan and arthur666 like this.
  4. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

I bleed Ford blue, but was happy for the Chevy 1-2 finish. Great car that deserved a strong win.
    Wish the Ford GT had a stronger run, but at least they finished. Hope they work those kinks out for LeMans. :cool:

Octane likes this.
  5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The PC cars seemed very slow.

6. kevje

kevje Racer

It was no different from previous years. The large amount of high speed banking combined with a start/stop infield make the downforce heavy PC cars weaker than they can be.

Still, that class often has more amateur drivers and I just cant get myself to like them. Same thing for the LMP2 class in WEC, but to a lesser extend there.

Mogster likes this.
  7. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

so thankful to the AC team that I can race the C7.R. I love that thing :)

arthur666 likes this.
  8. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

The race was very good and the winning Ligier was very fast. ^^

9. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

After seeing the vettes getting screwed over by BOP the past 2 years It's feels so good to see them win this race again.
    Now, let's hope BOP doesn't screw them over again because last year IMSA was a bit too excited with "nerfing" the vettes and buffing the Ferrari's & Porsche's.

10. kevje

kevje Racer

I think the Vettes and Porsches are the most balanced cars after watching the Daytona 24. If anything the M6 lacked speed on the banking and the 488 might be faster with more experience/tuning the car for the upcoming races. Ford was just making a mess of it so I dont know what theyre gonna do there haha.

11. LMPC is a joke really. Even the other classes teams were laughing at them this race. It's just there to create revenue.

The Z4 was always really slow in a straightline, but it made up for it in the corners. Not sure how the M6 stacks up to that, haven't seen much of it. But if it's the same, then Daytona isn't exactly the best place for it. Whatever the case tho, it's not a true GTE car, it's yet another BMW waiver so they can race a lightly modified GT3 car, so I don't care for it :p

12. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

I doubt the Porsche carried more speed on the banking than the M6; #912 remained in the game until the end because they were very consistent. Drivers and fuel management come into the equation too. The BOP is obviously fine when the cars finish in the same lap after 24hours.

13. kevje

kevje Racer

I doubt the M6 is intended to perform similarly to the Z4, its such a different car with its LMP2 like wheelbase haha. I think it just lacked a little bit of power hampering its top speed, considering it got overtaken by multiple GTD cars (mostly Lambo's though, it seems theyre similar to the AC versions :D ). The #911 Porsche had bad luck with busted driveshafts, but that car was flying across the track every second, and would of probably won if it wasnt for the mechanical failure. Its always really difficult to tell from a spectators point of view if the BoP'ing is done properly. But its clear the Corvette's are the standard for GTE and they should balance the other cars around them imho :)

14. Well, as I said, the M6 is basically a GT3 car with GTE tweaks. So probably the aero needs some work. I doubt the engine would be a problem, it's basically the same. From there it's intake restriction more than anything.

15. kevje

kevje Racer

With engine I mean that in the general sense, maybe it does have a restrictor thats a few millimeters too big. But you are right about the aero, it could hamper top speed quite a bit. The next race will in theory be even better when the teams get their cars dialed in better, and hopefully some Ford GT's that wont shut down every second lap :D