1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

4k Shoots, on the road to photorealism

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by Alberto Fracasso, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Ok I'm trying one more time to upload some photos.. let's see if today's the right day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the event the thread starts maybe I'll try putting downlaod links for the photos in various format!

2. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Try to avoid angles like in your first photo. You can clearly see jagginess on the rumble strip and the low res trees in the background. The grandstand is a giveaway too.
    Last 2 phtos kind of blur out the world and concentrate on the car a lot more which give your photos that "realism" without jagginess and texture issues. Plus without seeing the treetops, the slight blur makes the treeline look quite alright, also that grass is simply "mint" ;)
    Otherwise good work, and don't be upset, this is just my 2 cents, also not your fault the world looks like that, obviously.

3. PorcoRosso

PorcoRosso Racer

wow! Amazing pics!

4. @mistery, thanks all feedbacks and tips are wellcome, there's always room to improve, try to take a look at my submission for the McLaren render contest ;)

@PorcoRosso grazie mille!

5. Torcano

Torcano Alien

I apologize beforehand since it is definitely not my intention to sound like a hugh-mungus dick here but the pics look pretty sub par to me. The angles are a bit dull, can clearly tell you are using the basic frosted glass filter in photoshop to get that haze effect but you kinda overdone it in the process and it just looks wonky. I like your initiative but you got a lot to improve here, both shot quality wise and photoshop wise. Your current ones just feel a tad too amateurish to me or to anyone who is even remotely experienced. :|

For example this is an ancient edited pic of mine for example with subtle heat haze added in via PS that you can see on the rear end of the car -

[​IMG]

Some of my normal unedited pics just with good angles that accentuate the features of either car or the track, whichever you want to accomplish in the picture that you are taking -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And to me those shots I posted above pale in comparision to what some other people over here can produce, some real screenshot monsters exist on this forums. So, not to be disheartened... all I'm saying is you got a long way to go just like anyone who is newly starting out and my advice is to primarily stay away from photoshop for now and practice on letting your photographic imagination with setting up the shots take precedence over shoveling filters on them screenshots. That said, I do like the shot you submitted in the MP4-4 contest, much better than the ones on this thread. :)

6. Thanks @Torcano i know this road is a long one, I've spent a little bit more time on the Mp4-4, inserting some texture on the wheels and adding a subtle noise at the end to make it look more photo-like, the ones on this thread are my initial training ground. I'm playing assetto corsa with a good GPU since only one week, and I've still tons of issue with the photo mode as I still don't understand how to augment the Bokeh effect or obtaining macro-like blurring with the background (or moving around the car, or changing the fov or whatever). BTW I'm happy with the feedbacks, so don't apologize for telling me your opinion!

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  7. Torcano

Torcano Alien

No probs, if you have any doubts on how to take good screenshots or simply how to work the game's photomode and hidden tweaks just post your pic and ask for help with what you need in the big screenshots thread, like I said before there is tons of people here who are really really good at it and pretty much all of them are super helpful. :D

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  8. Alexandr66

Alexandr66 Hardcore Simmer

Yes, your shots probably one of my favourites now. My way to do more realistic shots in 1080p - is another way and this is good..
    Do you have some DOF intersting DOF settings, which can provide good background effects instead clear blur?..

9. New one! @Torcano what should i fix here? Maybe I have to blur more the grass on the right, still too much haze?
    [​IMG]

10. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

WTFF

Looks like real. By the way, is that real grass photoshoped, or what, never noticed grass looking that well in any screenshot. Glad to see very nice screenshot, I'm getting tired of average and below average screenshots, make AC screenshots great again lol

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

@Alberto Fracasso One thing would be a lesser blur effect on the tarmac in the foreground, it's too much IMO. But overall it looks really nice. What did you edit on the shot so far? The kerb, grass and barrier on the right look incredible.

12. Thans @mantasisg 2 and @Epistolarius , I've photoshopped the grass and the barrier, on the latter I've added a rust texture to make it look more real, the kerb is untouched , but with added shimmering and some noise over all the photo to get a more photo-like look! I'll put other shoots soon ;)

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  13. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Awesome !! It is perfect to me.