1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

991S vs M4 vs C7 - Porsche is way off pace?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by detoit, Oct 28, 2016.

1. ouvert

ouvert Alien

common PRC .. Porsche in name of new friendship made Kunos to tweak their cars to be faster ... where are you with your investigative journalism when we need you

detoit likes this.
  2. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

BMW M4 vs. 991.1 Carrera (not S) side by side onboard:

You can see how composed the 911 is and how unsettled the M4 gets at several places.
    I doubt the cornering-performance and stability of the 991.2 is worse than that of the 991.1, that paired with lots more torque of the turbocharged 991.2 engine with a 70hp difference of the 991.1 non-S to the 991.2 S we have in the game. 350hp/390Nm vs. 420hp/500Nm

The Carrera S should be in another league compared to the M4 IRL and I'd expect it to be in AC.

Edit:
    Marino Franchitti:
    I think that says it all.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    Orne and LChaves like this.
  3. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Interesting, can we have a clarification from @Aristotelis on this topic?

4. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I don't think it's fair to claim it's a valid comparison when the cars are on different tire models. Once the cars in question are all on TM 10 then it will be fair to compare.

Hagen, nate, liakjim and 3 others like this.
  5. detoit

detoit Racer

I actually hope it's the car and not the tire model - regardless on a 2 minute track I believe the 991s in AC is close to 4 seconds off.

If it is the new tire model, and the others cars didn't get the new model (??!why!??) the competition is gonna drop radically.

Regardless, hopefully AC will address this, I've stopped driving it and including it in my server.

Nathan

6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Switching to new tyre model needs time cause they need to test the cars with it, it's not a simple swap.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  7. detoit

detoit Racer

I'm not doubting you - but can you explain the theory behind this? If the new tire model is more realistic or does X or Y better - why would that not affect each car equally?

8. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

It was a short topic in one of Stefanos stream, maybe the one with Aris.
    Plan was to bring V10 earlier for GT3 cars, but they couldn't get it done within time for that patch.

9. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I believe it is all of the above. It does X and Y better because it's a more realistic tire. Stefano & Aris started over and rewrote the Tire Model 10 rather than trying to keep tweaking and tweaking each new Tire Model. I'm sure we will see all Kunos cars on v10 tires as soon as possible. Aris has repeatedly stated that the V10 Tire is "more sensitive" and I believe that 100%...it does require setting track surfaces at higher percentages now though. Aris recommends running v10 Tires on tracks set to 98% or 99% (or 100% if that's your thing, of course)...he says that even going down to 96% is not going to be right for this tire model. Hopefully, in the future, maybe they can rework the ground surfaces so we can still have six different types of surfaces. Or if they want to simplify it to 3 or 4 that's cool too.

Seria17hri11er, Quffy and ZethGAF like this.
  10. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

The tread doesn't look mature enough to warrant an answer probably.

11. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

I think there is mounting evidence the 911 Carrera S is a little slow in game-- particularly on certain tracks. Who knows what causes it but I think high speed turn in may be part of the culprit.

My comparative laptimes... driven with default settings with all on the semi-slick tires:

Silverstone National: 911 Carrera S-- 104.372, Corvette--103.961, M4 Akrapovic--104.202. Silverstone National has a key fast turn that seems hard to enter with the 911... and the 911 is comparatively slower there.

VIR South: 911 Carrera S-- 1.14.829, Corvette-- 1.14.923, M4 Akrapovic-- 1.15.771. At VIR South the relative times look pretty good to me.

Earlier the OP mentioned Motor Trend's laptimes with Randy Pobst at the wheel around Laguna Seca. Here they are for comparison:

2014 M4-- 1.39.69, 2014 Stingray-- 1.38.28, 2016/2017 911 Carrera S-- 1.36.44. All of these times were set with full street tires-- not "semi-slicks".

But tire tech advances rapidly and weather/track conditions vary too so comparing times across several years becomes tricky. An example would be that the current 2017 Camaro SS, which has the same drive train as the Corvette Stingray but weighs several hundred pounds more, lapped Laguna Seca this year in 1.37.77. This is half a second faster than the Corvette Stingray from a few years ago. The variables across years made a cheaper car from the same manufacturer go quicker... so perhaps the new 911 Carrera S in question that lapped the same day as the Camaro benefited from the same variables when you compare it's time to the Corvette? If so, the 911 Carrera S and the Corvette are probably pretty close in real life. The M4 is a very fast BMW... but it should be slower around pretty much any road course than the other two.

12. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Motortrend done a Carrera S vs Corvette Grandsport(essentially a Stingray engine with the chassis from the Z06) recently, Corvette with Cup 2 tires(aka semislicks), the 911 with Pzero's.
    Around Big Willow the Vette did a 26.28 the 911 a 27.10.

This is going to be ironic, but one of the things Jason Cammisa criticized the 911 for is midcorner understeer which is the exact opposite of how i feel about the Carrera in AC.

The full article.
    http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...te-grand-sport-vs-2017-porsche-911-carrera-s/

Robert M525 likes this.
  13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

From the News-Thread:

- Improved DX11 initialization
    - Fixed same samples volume going crazy during update
    - Tweaked compressor parameters for external view, now it kicks in more relaxed
    - Corrected electronics behaviour and street tyres typo on Porsche 911 Carrera S 991.2
    - Added new section to video.ini to force refresh rate (only works in fullscreen mode):
    ex:
    [REFRESH]
    VALUE=50

Well, let's see what that means.

nate likes this.
  14. Orne

Orne Alien

Ahhh just wait for the 911 R to show up. The C7 and M4 will be a distant track memory! :eek::D:p

15. Berry

Berry Alien

Yeah, but the 911 R currently costs as much as 2x Carrera S + 2x BMW M4 and 1x Corvette C7's :p. (500.000 euro cheapest one I could find)

Orne likes this.
  16. Orne

Orne Alien

True!

17. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Another little thing about the Carrera, looking at this video...

The rear wing never closes up even on the corkscrew or that double apex turn one.

Robert M525 likes this.
  18. Berry

Berry Alien

Have you guys tried the car now? Feels a bit more stable to me, still a bit too much front aero lift, but that's somewhat expected.Taking into account that Porsche blatantly lie about power numbers, you can say it's pretty close to real life now :).

LChaves and LeDude83 like this.
  19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Ooooooh sh1t...now I missed the chance to drive the broken version :p My PC was out of order the last couple of days. Hopefully I can take on the Sport Auto challenge tonight with fixed PC and fixed 911.

Good talk in here, anyways.

20. Berry

Berry Alien

I can't get anywhere near 7:34, the fastest I could go was 7:40.921, and that was invalid because I stepped on a bit of grass.I couldn't care less about the laptime if the car would have felt "right", but it didn't, I'm not 100% sure that aero lift and constant skipping of the front suspension is realistic, but I'll leave a small margin of error in my judgement and in Kunos' recreation of the vehicle :p.