1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A great fast track, but why so underated?

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by 5 Red Lights, Apr 2, 2016.

1. 5 Red Lights

5 Red Lights Gamer

People seldom muster up the same levels of passion, when referring to Zandvoort, as they do when talking about the likes of Monza, Nordschleife, Spa and other such circuits. I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to focusing too heavily on these tracks at the expense of other less known, but often still great circuits. Zandvoort is one such circuit. The roller coaster nature of the course, gives it a really nice flow with plently of elevation changes. It is these characteristics that makes the racing so exciting and why, in my humble opinion, sim racers should hold Zandvoort with the same high regard as the aforementioned 'Classic' tracks.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  2. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Yeah there's quite a few like that. You trying to warm your front tyres up there or something?

3. 5 Red Lights

5 Red Lights Gamer

No - it's probably just my erratic driving you're referring to.:D

Matty28 likes this.
  4. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

I kinda agree on the track and the OP.
    I'm don't like twisty circuits much.
    Catalynia >>>>> every day than Magione ... haha.

But Zandvoort, I have to admit, is a nice track to drive.

5 Red Lights likes this.
  5. 5 Red Lights

5 Red Lights Gamer

The great thing about Zandvoort is, yes its twisty, but it's still fast. You can maintain high speeds throughout much of the circuit, a bit like Nordschleife, but obviously it's a lot less demanding. I think this is what makes it so special to me. But I must admit, I do like Catalunya quite a bit also.

f1webberfan likes this.
  6. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

And that Scheivlak...

5 Red Lights likes this.
  7. mtlclutch

mtlclutch Gamer

I really like the layout but I think the laser scanned tracks have made me never want to drive on anything else again. literally unplayable

8. 5 Red Lights

5 Red Lights Gamer

Hmm. mtlclutch - I'm sorry, but I fail to see how not being laser scanned renders the track 'unplayable':confused:. Maybe a slight over reaction there on your part. I find it totally playable and extremely fun myself. Kunos follows a very high standard when it comes to the tracks they officially approve and are not in the habit of including unplayable tracks in their game, but everyone's entitled to their opinion. Of course it would be even better if it was laser scanned, but still love this version and the version in R3E, which I believe is also not laser scanned.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    Deleted member 12224 and Matty28 like this.
  9. It doesn't need to be laser scanned to be accurate. It can be surveyed. A team can also obtained public surveying data, which often may not be as high resolution as desired, but sometimes it is.

5 Red Lights likes this.
  10. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

If you dont get a flow on this track, its not that nice.
    Overtaking is hard also, but that makes it interesting.

I love this track, hard to master - quite easy to learn.
    To get the setup right due tyre temps not so easy.
    On Nordschleife all tyres get warm, but dont overheat that easily.

5 Red Lights likes this.