1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A little advice for the wheel please

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by TheBestBeast, Nov 12, 2014.

1. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Hi everyone!

Can you give me an advice for the wheel, please :)

I can get an old Thrustmaster wheel which has a FFB but there is one problem. It has only 180° of rotation. I will get it free but what bothers me is how will I be able to play? Does the game use a degree calculator? Is it even possible to drive with a wheel which has such a low rotation? :( The wheel itself is like a new so it would be really to bad not to use it :( I am using a xbox 360 pad as you can see from the signature and I am really sarisfied with it how it feels. I must admit devs have done an amzing job!!! So, is it even worth to switch?

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Cheers!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Little Advice for Console Issues Aug 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Little advice needed adapting to 1.2 force feedback for a nub. Aug 13, 2015
    Suggestions A little hope/advice (spectator mode) Nov 21, 2013
    ACC Physics BOP changes make little sense Jul 21, 2023
    ACC User Interface A couple of little suggestions Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars little Bugs on 2023 Liveries Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Little problem today with G920 May 12, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals SF-1000 - a last little bug 1.8.4 Dec 4, 2021
    Screens & Videos Little video review of Ferrari 360 GT by RSS Oct 31, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Just a little presentation Oct 29, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions tracks need to atleast blacken in alittle during longer races. Oct 20, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals little clock icon on commands?!? Oct 11, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions A little balance maybe... Jun 28, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Variable Pixeldensity with Oculus Rift S works (a little) May 20, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Driwer swap little bug May 15, 2020

3. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

DFGT is the best cheap wheel available and it is 900deg, ignore the rest ;)

TCLF and TheBestBeast like this.
  4. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

I know but I will get that wheel for free and it has force feedback. It's a Thrustmaster Ferrari FFB Racing Wheel :)

It's not that bad if it is possible to drive with it's low rotation. :D

5. larcos

larcos Gamer

I had a 270° wheel before and many cars were undriveable, regardless of the settings.

6. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Not necessarily undrivable, you can achieve the same as 900º steering. So, if your wheel is 270, then in controls page set 270º as steering lock. Then go to video options - view tab and set the virtual steering at half, 135º. I've tried it with the g27 setting it at 270 and I had the same results in track with the car, same turn-ins and braking zones.

ears1991 and TheBestBeast like this.
  7. MatthewSean

MatthewSean Racer

Really old MS FFB wheel (240º and getting on for 15years old) works fine, and I can post times around the 105% mark on RSR with pro settings. Just follow Quffy advice on set up and you should be fine.

The only issue will be that the steering rack ratio will be for 900º, so with 180º you need smaller movements. As an simplified example a 900º wheel has 5X the rotation (lock to lock) of a 180º wheel, so a turn that requires 90º steering angle on a 900º wheel, will be the same as 18º on a 180º wheel.

Hope this helps.

Matt.

TheBestBeast likes this.
  8. GT1

GT1 Racer

It is free, it won't hurt anything to give it a go. :)

Filippo94 and TheBestBeast like this.
  9. MatthewSean

MatthewSean Racer

Yep :cool:

TheBestBeast likes this.
  10. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Thanks for the advice guys! Will give you a report when I get the wheel!

Cheers!

11. TCLF

TCLF Alien

Well, my over the top Dutch advice would be: Even if you don't use it, take it, it's free

Guidofoc and TheBestBeast like this.
  12. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

So this is the beast ^^

Ferrari FFB.jpg

13. larcos

larcos Gamer

That would seem logical but for whatever reason it didn't work out in practice. Undriveable = I could get around the track but would have a hard time competing even against the AI at 8x %, some turns were really impossible to take cleanly, usually 2-3 per track, where I'd lose 1-2 seconds on each easily compared to the DFGT. Not in every car mind you, my lap record with the M3 GT using a Thrustmaster 100 (270°) still stands. But yeah, if it's for free give it a try.

TheBestBeast likes this.
  14. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I can get into the low 1:51's in a GT3 with no aids, at Monza with a 180 degree wheel,...270 degrees should not be a problem.

LATE4APEX

TheBestBeast likes this.
  15. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Ok here is the update :)

After trying to drive with that wheel the feeling is really good. But I am loosing 10 seconds per lap (avg). I did a test run with a Z4 GT3 and reached 2:27 there :S I can do 2:18 with a joypad. I still won't give up and will try to do some tweaks to the wheel. I wonder where I loose so much time....

16. Turk

Turk Alien

I had the Ferrari thrustmaster wheel before my current setup, I had no experience with other wheels so it seemed fine to me. It's only now after having a better wheel and pedal set that I can appreciate the Thrustmasters shortcomings. So as long as you don't try other wheels you'll find the Thrustmaster perfectly acceptable.

I thought it had a higher rotation than 180, I thought it was the 270? At 270 you should be fine with a lot of race cars, they don't have full 900 degree rotation anyway and bar taking really tight turns your not going to need to much more than 180 degrees on track.

When it's free it's hard to complain though. :D

TheBestBeast likes this.
  17. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

I was a good few seconds down when making the transition to wheel (t500rs) but soon got the hang of it and was faster with the wheel eventually

TheBestBeast likes this.
  18. panosdimp

panosdimp Gamer

There is still an important issue, if you have not drive with a wheel before, your brain needs a lot of time to get used to the new situation.You use your legs now along with your hands your brain needs more multitasking if you know what i mean. I had the same problem 3 years ago when i bought my wheel until then i was pretty fast with my logitech rumblepad ,when i changed it i was 4 secs slower and i had to wait for a long period(depends on how many hours you play) to reach the times wich i had with rumblepad.IMO go get a g27 and you will be happier it is a far better wheel than that thrustmaster i tried that before my g27.

TheBestBeast likes this.
  19. MatthewSean

MatthewSean Racer

I'm guessing that your over braking into the corner entry, as getting brake pressure correct is the biggest issue with most pedal sets. The usual tricks are to put something behind the pedal to make maxing the brakes a little harder.

Just look at the telemetry, you should be able to work out if this is the case from the traces.

Hope this helps.
    Matt.

TheBestBeast and panosdimp like this.
  20. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Thanks guys for your explainings! I will do my best. Like panosdimp said I am not used to do multitasking hahaha. My hands still want to brake but legs won't xD I will keep this post up to date and write down my improvements. Cya around (but not on the mp before I get used to it! :D)

GT1 and MatthewSean like this.
  21. MatthewSean

MatthewSean Racer

Just keep plugging away, you'll improve and retrain your brain. They say after about 500 repeats of an action, it's more likely to be muscle memory than thought.:)

Matt.

P.s. your signature needs an update.;)

panosdimp and TheBestBeast like this.