1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A modulable track creator modality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Patcha, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Hi all!
    I know that Assetto Corsa is also made with the idea to easily guest custom community contents. And it's a great stuffs! ;)

But I wouldn't dislike if there would be a modality where you can create your own circuit with a modulable schema. :cool:
    Just to give an example, I could mention TrackMania, but obviously I would expect something more realistic. :D

There would be something similar in Assetto Corsa? :eek:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars There ist something wrong with track location. Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Driver Profile / Stats / Track / 24H Nürburgring Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Physics ACC inconsistensies should be addressed for the future of the game. (Ex: Braking mechanics & tracks) Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Track Rating does not reset properly on Nordschleife Apr 2, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Broadcasting API is missing track data for the Nürburgring Apr 1, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Track grip settings Mar 4, 2024
    ACC User Interface Track Map Feb 29, 2024
    ACC General Discussions About those US tracks and Liveries... Feb 21, 2024
    ACC Gameplay AI - Unusable on multiple tracks Jan 30, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Cant earn track medals at Red Bull Ring Jan 25, 2024
    Bug reports If you use Track Attack and a Mac computer Jan 18, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Track Attack Plug-in Problem Dec 29, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Getting brake data to look right in Track Attack Dec 4, 2023

3. Si3v

Si3v Graphic Lead Artist Staff Member KS Dev Team

It would be nice [cit]

If someone wants to do it... feel free. :)

4. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Hehehe!
    Ok, it's great to give precedence to more important stuffs! ;)
    [Hey! Who said "Nordschleife"? Ah... was me! :D]

PS: It would be really possible to add a custom mod like that in Assetto Corsa by community? :eek:

5. Si3v

I don't understand the question.

6. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Do you think a "private" from community could actually do a mod like that for Assetto Corsa?

7. What you want is a super friendly track editor for dummies. I don't think Kunos will make it, I don't think anyone will make it. So don't hold your breath.

8. Si3v

that's it.

9. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

I guessed Kunos wouldn't do it from the first replay.
    But I don't see what's wrong about stuffs for dummies, if they're well done.
    Also assistances on cars are for dummies, aren't they?

If stuffs "for dummies" are well done, they just let much more people to express their creativity. And maybe with time, the stimulated creativity and curiosity would bring them to an higher level, and we would have much more quality contents.

Sometimes the hardness to start something, make most of creative memebers surrender, at give up the idea to create.
    That's the same thing for driving assistances: without them, some newbyes players would give up the idea to approach a simulator.

For example, I give up the idea to well setup a car. I can't really go over some basical values.

So I dont' see why nobody should be interested on doing stuffs for dummies.

10. Si3v

that's another point. You started the thread with creating your own circuit like trackmania.
    It would be nice, but we don't have the time to do it. If someone wants, can do it, it has to export FBX2012 format to be able to import it in our editor.
    We did many things for dummies, like track map or driving assist or race line... but doing "Click and make a track" or "Click and make my car faster" is another thing :)
    I also never touch setups, just to say... I'm slower? I don't care :D

11. Also I didn't mean to insult anyone, by "for dummies" I meant:
    [​IMG]

12. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Yep Si3v, I got your point about time involving.
    At the very end, I also prefer you involve your time to do more cars, tracks and driving modalities (or whatelse could make our driving experience better... and I would really like a "setup modality for dummies" anyway! :D).

My answer was for Radek, the most.
    But anyway, I didnt' really mean to convert Trackmania made stuffs to Assetto Corsa! It would be senseless!
    I mentioned Trackmania only to give an example about what I meant for "modulable tracks". But I expect the ending "product" to looklike a REAL track, not an amusement park. :D

Understood Radek, but it's not about insulting, it's about the total certainty you expressed about "for dummies" should means "nobody will do it".
    The suggested stuff it's for dummies (no doubt about it!), but it doesn't so matematically means nobody will do it!
    Or at least, I hope so!
    It would be a very elitist behaviour from community... which wouldn't be good at all for the community itself!

13. Asilo_Driver

Asilo_Driver Racer

With all due respect, that wouldn't be much desirable or even feasible.

A minimally acceptable quality track for any good racing simulator has so many variables and different geometries that is almost impossible to create a simple friendly-user tool for track creation as some games (and not simulators) have.

I think a software like TrackMania track editor just will add tons of similar and uninteresting tracks and probably the worse ones certainly will be used unjustly by detractors as to depress AC quality, upload stupid and unfair videos to Youtube and feed goosipmongers in fanboys forums.

I'd highly recommend (for those that are interested) to learn Sketchup, 3dsMax, Maya or other 3d softwares (there're free ones as Blender), It's quite arduous at beginning but it's much more rewarding after some months of study.

14. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

I heard GT5 and GT6 have something similar, though I don't own a PlayStation and GT games to test it directly. So I never saw it actually.
    I know AC is far better to simulate than GT, but surely GT it's not intended to be an arcade (it's just "different level of simulation", for what I know).
    EDIT: Note: I'm not saying "GT6 has it, so I pretend in AC!", 'cause I know they have very different budgets! I'm just saying: it shows it's possible!

Maybe I mistook to make the example of Trackmania, 'cause now you're too fixed on the idea of Trackmania's style.

From my point of view, actualy, it could be possible to build an "accurate" while still "simple" track builder, maybe as third part, and not integrated in the game.
    And even make possible, from there, to save to different videogames formats!

It's a matter to be able to design and create a complete (as user frendly) interface.
    The rest it's about converting the track from program's workspace to game format file.
    (I'm not saying it's easy or fast or whatelse: it's surely a commiting stuff, but still possible, in my opinion.)

Surely it would be limited, compared to 3D Making Softwares, but would be a lot more user friendly and immediate
    Also I can imagine it's not only a matter of 3D shapes, when you do a track: shouldn't it be also about what's track, what's off-track and setup an AI paths as suggested trajectory and similar stuffs?)

15. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

I can ensure you that there will be lot of uninteresting tracks even with 3D Making Softwares you mentioned!
    But also lot of well-intentioned and talented creators could be limited and discouraged by the hardness to learn and get results from such 3D Making Softwares.

Creativity and Talent != Ability with PC Software

16. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

Would be nice. :)

Patcha likes this.