1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

About that maybe-server-api

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Kipke

Kipke Rookie

Hi guys,
    together with a friend(@Gareth ← ) I created a Node.js implementation of the server protocol. It does everything the example application does, plus it also throws a custom event when a player is done loading and is connected. The documentation is not great at the moment (no one likes writing documentation), however if you have worked with Node before it should be pretty self explanatory.
    You can find it at: https://github.com/flamescape/acsp

If you find any issues please post them on the GitHub page.

heNNa and Minolin like this.
  2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Great! Thank you for contributing!

But.. an event when the player is done loading? Mind if you explain how you did this?
    My js is as bad as my tai chi.

3. Kipke

Kipke Rookie

As soon as we get a New_Connection message, We start pinging the server with GET_CAR_INFO requests. In the response there is a "is_connected" value that will be set to true when the player is done loading. So when we get a response where that value is true, the event is emitted.

Thomas Gocke and Minolin like this.
  4. Stereo

Stereo Alien

wish:
    set starting grid via plugin

in more detail:
    At the time of a new race session, assign every driver connected to the server a specific grid position, or starting from their pit, or not allowed to start.
    Grid position - idk which is more like the current grid, put driver GUID into an array of grid positions, or put grid position into an array of drivers. Either way, it should allow for gaps in the grid, for most flexibility to add latecomers.
    Starting from the pit - for people who didn't qualify, or whatever.
    Not allowed to start - for spectators, or people who DQed. Lets them see the race, and be present if participation is counted, but not race.

On the note of latecomers, if someone connects, it should be able to react to that by adding them to the grid, if the time window is still open.
    The automatic grid should be provided to the plugin in the same format ideally, both as an example and as useful info for the plugin.
    My feeling is it should also be able to override the automatic 20 second window in which you get sent back to the pits if you're not 'ready' but idk if that's part of the same request or not.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  5. Minolin

6. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Yeah I thought of that after some contemplation. We currently have the automatic "if you don't ready-up in time, you go to the pits", plugins should probably modify that aspect if they want to control things that happen between session-start and green light, and leave 'custom grid' as "have an array of positions at the start of the session", so absentees are in that array by default, but get moved to pits with the other option if they're too late.

To stop it blocking I guess it should be sent to the server in the last 30 seconds of the previous session or in the preamble between 'server started' and 'session available to join', not sure how many leagues launch race-only servers right now but they'll probably complain if they can't use the feature.

7. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

nice idea, implemented this in my ReportPlugin

8. phil

phil Alien

Hi,

just saw interesting thread ;)

Maybe one more message that the ADMIN SERVER will be able to set before to run the server:

"Please follow our basic rules on the track"
    "welcome on our server-visit our site www....."

etc...

;)

snyperal and Pascal Martin like this.
  9. Minolin

Damn you're fast :D
    Just finished the merge, built minorating-beta2 and will check in my (very little) changes now. You really did outstanding work with the pluginmanager framework. I'm speechless.

@phil:
    As soon as Thomas' changes are merged again, I'll bet I don't even need 5 minutes to create a MODT plugin you can configure as you like.

phil likes this.
  10. I wish Stefano would use the forums to communicate...

11. Stereo

Stereo Alien

On another wishy note,
    Let plugin start & see the results of votes. Would be useful for eg. doing something extra to users that are votekicked, or being able to add new sorts of session-skipping votes (do a second race with reverse grid instead of Q, skip to next track, give Niki a 200kg ballast next race, whatever)

Minolin likes this.
  12. Jaye

Jaye Alien

First thing which comes in my mind when I hear votes:
    If Kunos adds the ability to kick, you guys really have to give us (server admins) an automatic vote-spammer kick ;)

13. Guys,

My plan is to do some work on Monday/Tuesday (that would be tomorrow) on the server UDP plugin but I need some sort of list to go through in order to do so.

It would be nice if people working on plugins (please do not feel like you need to participate to the discussion if you are not :) ) to post what they would like to be added/changed and why and how. Feel free to open a new thread if necessary and link it from here so I can follow. Let's start with a simple list without getting into debates about what is good and what is bad and why, let's keep it clean if possible... each user, 1 post.. several requests, don't turn it into a fight.

The other big point that requires a decision is how we handle the protocol version. My initial proposal would be to have a message ACSP_PROTOCOL_VERSION send as request and answered by the server with the version number. If a plugin discovers it is talking to a server with a different protocol it just stops there.
    I am open to different ideas that do not involve too much work, let's remain pragmatic.

14. Thank you very much! I have made a thread with my wishlist here: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/server-plugins-neyss-wishlist-thread.25797/.

15. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Thank your very much for working on this, and especially for coming to the forum on a sunday ;)

@never_eat_yellow_snow1 do you know if the total time (that you are talking of, from the ENTRY html page) is correct for drivers that connected after the race has begun? Is it counted from the race start or from their connection time?

If "total time" it's not reliable, I'd like to have a "server timestamp" in the "lap completed" event.
    and I'd rather have the "tyre info" in "lap completed" than in every "car update", but if it's in "car update" (like neys suggested) then that's fine too.

16. I'm 99% sure that the entry list's total time information is reliable. I use it in stracker and calculate the stracker classification with this and there hasn't been any issues with this recently.

Regarding tyre info: Thanks for suggestion, I'm going to change the thread :)

17. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

@Lord Kunos is the receiver on the server side of the UDP messages thread safe? I have the feeling that if I request several broadcasts in short order, the server mixes up the messages, in some cases repeats the second message instead of broadcasting first and second message. Has someone else seen this?
    If that's the case the plugin writers should probably have a short delay between request messages so they don't mix on the receiver side. I'll try if that fixes the problem and report back.

18. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Yep, reproducible and yep, solvable with a delay between the requests.
    @Minolin I added a send message queue to the DuplexUDPClient that waits at least 20ms before sending the next message. 20ms seemed enough in some tests, if we still have issues we might increase the value as needed.

19. Minolin

20ms is a lot Oo
    But thanks, didn't see problems with that so far.

20. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

how many request messages do you plan to send per second? ;)

It is easily reproducible, just loop a broadcast request message with 30+ characters with an index in front, you will see some messages are skipped and some repeated. A 10ms delay did already solve this in my tests, but I wanted to be on the safe side...