1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ac car popularity

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WallyM, May 17, 2015.

1. WallyM

WallyM Alien

As an aside to my car performance rank (http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/car-time-ranking.22389/) which looks at the top 5% of RSR rank times since AC 1.1 at Spa, Mugello, Imola, Silverstone, Nurburgring GP, Vallelunga, Monza, Magione and Nordschleife, just for interest here are the number of laps that make up the top 5% of times for each car. You can see which cars are popular, and which cars not so much.

Most of the Lotuses, and the BMW Z4 E89, are really not that popular. Perhaps unsurprisingly, GT2/GT3/DTM cars are all close to the top of the list.

Ferrari 458 GT2 1383
    Nissan GT-R GT3 1086
    BMW M235i Racing 1049
    Formula Abarth 829
    BMW M3 GT2 827
    Corvette C7R 756
    BMW Z4 GT3 755
    Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II 751
    McLaren MP4-12C GT3 706
    Alfa Romeo 155 TI V6 645
    McLaren P1 583
    McLaren F1 GTR 491
    Alfa Romeo 4C 481
    Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 393
    Ferrari 599XX EVO 391
    Ferrari 458 Italia Stage 3 356
    McLaren MP4-12C 298
    Pagani Zonda R 286
    Ferrari 458 Italia 286
    Ferrari La Ferrari 253
    KTM X-Bow R 234
    Mercedes SLS AMG 232
    BMW M3 E30 Group A 226
    BMW M3 E30 205
    Pagani Huayra 181
    Abarth 500 EsseEsse Step1 178
    Lotus Evora GTC 177
    P4/5 Competizione model 2011 170
    Abarth 500 EsseEsse 168
    Lotus Exos 125 Stage 1 161
    RUF CTR Yellowbird 161
    Mercedes-Benz C9 1989 LM 160
    Giulietta QV 156
    BMW M3 E30 DTM 152
    Lotus Type 49 150
    Lotus 2 Eleven 142
    Lotus Exos 125 128
    Shelby Cobra 427 S/C 124
    BMW M3 E92 119
    BMW 1M 112
    Ferrari 312T 108
    Ferrari F40 108
    Mazda 787B 99
    Lotus Evora GX 98
    Alfa Romeo GTA 96
    Ferrari F40 Stage 3 90
    BMW M3 E92 Step1 86
    BMW M3 E30 Step1 85
    Lotus Exige V6 CUP 81
    Lotus 2 Eleven GT4 74
    BMW 1M Stage 3 73
    Giulietta QV Launch Edition 2014 69
    Lotus Exige 240R Stage3 68
    Lotus Elise SC 61
    Lotus 98T 60
    Lotus Exige 240R 52
    Lotus Exige S roadster 46
    Lotus Evora S 44
    BMW Z4 E89 44
    Lotus Elise SC Step2 43
    Lotus Exige S 39
    Lotus Evora GTE Carbon 38
    Lotus Evora GTE 37
    BMW M3 E92 drift 37
    BMW Z4 E89 Step1 36
    Lotus Exige Scura 35
    Lotus Evora S Stage 2 30
    BMW M3 E30 Drift 27
    Lotus Elise SC Step1 23
    BMW Z4 E89 Drift 15

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Traffic cars stops near my car Monday at 5:33 AM
    ACC Troubleshooting Cars disappearing, but still in the session Apr 8, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fixed -RealtimeCarUpdate.Heading/Yaw removed from ACC Broadcast UDP in favor of WorldPosZ/Elevation? Apr 4, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC chrashed started Race in carriere modus Apr 2, 2024
    Bug reports Ps5-Crashed startet Race carriere modus Apr 2, 2024
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes info for car position in map Mar 12, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Career - Bonus objectives not awarded. Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Major Lag/Freeze, Causing Hud and Cars to disappear and reappear Feb 24, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Cars teleporting for a split second into pit lane and back Feb 17, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Viewing wrong car following driver swap Feb 4, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer GT2 cars output as GT4 carGroup in results Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Missing cars in GT2 solo races Jan 26, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer GT2- some cars cant join Gt2 Server Jan 25, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Don't see DLC cars in the game Jan 25, 2024
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Wrong fuel usage values for GT2 cars Jan 25, 2024

3. It's interesting to note that the three "Drift" cars are near the bottom. I guess that suggests that drifting is a bit of a niche pastime when compared to racing as a whole?

On a side note, I mentioned elsewhere that I decided to drive the Scuderia Glickenhaus P4/5C for the first time yesterday, and I had several decent races at Imola against GT2/GT3/C7R opposition. Not exactly the most "alive" car that I have ever driven (it grips the track a lot better than I had thought it would), but at least it allowed me to be competitive with those GT cars. Having done that, I decided to test drive the Ferrari 312T for the first time this morning.....and I was very pleasantly surprised. I think that I have been put off the open wheelers by the Formula Abarth, which feels utterly boring to me. I was expecting all F1 cars with rear wings to be the same, but the Ferrari 312T feels really good! It has that "could spin out, but you have enough time to correct it" feel that allows the driver to relax a bit, and really enjoy the superb handling physics. I should have known that this car might be half decent to drive, because I have watched enough F1 races from the 1970s to note that those cars were slipping and sliding around in a controlled manner, rather than the "stuck like glue or you're off" handling that seems to be the case with more modern F1 cars. At least, that's the impression I get when I watch them on the telly! ;)

Leemstradamus likes this.
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I really thought that the Ferraris would be more popular :/ But I really dont know how many people thats actually using RSR while driving. If you driving anything else than the really popular ones you dont have much times to compare to. :(

5. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Really glad to see the McLaren F1 GTR so high up the chart. Also really sad to see best car of AC (F40) so low.

Fairbanks likes this.
  6. some1pl

some1pl Alien

At least posting record laps in drift cars on RSR is.

Keep in mind that this is a list of laptimes past 1.1, so most of the new DLC cars will get more time than the "old" cars that have been in AC for more than a year.

7. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Yes, that's true.

8. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

You should add " popular among people who bother with RSR". I do not for example, I just play AC to relax and have fun in single player for the most part and I do love both the Lotuses (street) and the Z4 (street). Online polls and online activity only ever reflect a smallish percentage of user base. How many people have posted to RSR? How many have bought the game?

If AC only had "the most popular cars" from you list, I would not have bought it ;)

arthur666 and barrelbreak like this.
  9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

The people that use RSR are a representative sample of the broader AC community, so you can extrapolate the numbers up to be a pretty good representation of a car's popularity. You can't say, for instance, that people who use RSR are more likely to drive GT cars. In fact, the people who bother with RSR are more likely to drive a bigger range of cars, I would say, since they want to improve their times over many car and track combos. The only thing that skews the data is that as some1pl said above, some cars are very old by now and the novelty has worn off, with newere cars getting more love.

10. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Nope, if GT2/3/racing cars were the most popular, Gran Tourismo, NFS and Forza would be about them, but the fact that those mass-market games know their audience and focus on street cars first and foremost tell us all we need to know ;)

Luckily Kunos understood that initially and hopefully will continue to do so :)

11. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

The Formula Abarth is a medium downforce/low horsepower open wheeler. Definitely not representative of how all other open wheelers are. Personally I love it. It's not a car that will kill you under throttle, but it is a car that will constantly laugh off your attempts to do a fast lap in it, always telling you, "That's it? That's all you've got? I aint even breakin a sweat!" It's crazy how much time I gain if I invest some time into exploring its limits around a given track. And if I step away from it for a period of time and come back, it always take a while to get back up to speed, not because it's difficult to drive, but because its limits are just so deceptively high.

Leemstradamus and mistery like this.
  12. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Sorta surprised how few people drive AC's formula 1 cars... Lotus 49 is the most popular and it's barely 1/5 any of the GT cars. Maybe it needs a single year picked and fleshed out, eg. 3-4 1967 F1s like the GT3/GT2 classes have? Or maybe people just don't really want F1 so much...

Patrik Marek and Mogster like this.
  13. Blame

Blame Alien

GT3 is the motorsport in this era of time, F1 is booring and uneven, Touring Cars - exactly the same as F1...the LMP thing is kind of fading compared to its past.

14. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Let's hope not, with the modern lmp cars, which are paddle shifting, they go fast, corner fast, brake fast. So is basically GT3 racing, but more exciting probably. I sense they can have high popularity in AC, if we get more than one car model, like the audi and toyota which are planned. The older LMP cars which are manual shifting are less popular by the online crowd of AC. Or maybe the C9 LM isn't that fitted for our current tracks with lots of corners. And the Mclaren F1 gtr is also waiting a competitor, like the f40 lm (or gte).

15. Blame

Blame Alien

I'd much rather have something from the early-mid 00s:
    Audi R8
    Bentley Speed 8
    BMW V12 LMR
    Dome S101
    Lister Storm LMP
    Lucchini LMP2/04
    Panoz LMP-1 Roadster S (a definet yes).

16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Exactly. I think classic F1 would be much more popular with 3-4 cars and tracks from each era, same for touring and sports prototypes.

I really enjoy the L49, Cobra and GTA but racing against whole grids of the same car on modern tracks isn't that exciting.

Methee likes this.
  17. Based on my offline testing, the Lotus 49 and Ferrari 312T are far more interesting to drive than the GT cars. I never expected the latter to feel any good, but it does. I couldn't care less about modern F1 cars though.

18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The 312T is scary as hell at the Nordschleife...:D

19. Good job I won't be driving it there then.

20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Boooo :p

21. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I agree. The Formula Abarth is definitely a car where you can really explore the limits of its performance. It seems to have a big ”edge” that you can get close to without falling off of and find a little more speed.