1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AC Chassis Physics lacking SMOOTHNESS...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Colt Rogers, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

In which sim did you feel more like in a real car, or didn't miss any ffb?

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk

2. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

AC feels more like a real car. Im getting close to a proper setup I think.
    I feel nothing when Im sliding.. no weight transfer or gradual loss of tension as the grip goes. Which is real I guess (you'd feel the slip in your seat not your hands) but it makes it hard to drive.
    In AC its all visual.

iRacing feels less real but more intuitive and gives me more feedback.. so I can control the car closer to the limits.
    I can feel more grip and weight of the car through the wheel.. but it never feels like wheel is going to snap my wrist.

Its hard for me to explain..

3. justDrive

justDrive Racer

Do you have any of the additional effects on? From what you are saying it seems like you would have checked this but just making sure. Those extra filters can add a lot to the feel of the car. Some people say they are fake and therefore bad, but in my personal experience you can definitely feel a little bit of the slide because the tires want to turn the way the weight is moving (just very very slightly though).
    Also with cars like the Formula Abarth the FFB will be much stronger and apparent than GT or street cars.

4. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

Yea Ive been messing with those.. the Slip filter helps a bit.

If I had a hydraulic chair thing with that kind of setup I think the wheel would feel 100%.

5. justDrive

justDrive Racer

Well everything upgraded would haha! The full motion rig would help but then get a $4000 LB wheel and you will feel forces you never dreamed of in a sim haha.

6. Retrofly

Retrofly Gamer

What do I need to change to reduce clipping? I'm getting it on all corners.

A few tweaks have been mentioned, but they didnt say which way to go?

I'm using a G25 and the settings as described in the "Advised wheel settings for the G27/G25.

Thanks

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Reduce the FFB "Gain" in AC until you get a little clipping only in extreme cases like going off track or turning hard and running over rumble strips.

8. Retrofly

Retrofly Gamer

Thanks!

9. Retrofly

Retrofly Gamer

Hmmm, ok so I've droped the gain to 86% but now it feels a bit light, is there any way to get the strength back up, or is it just tough luck and I have to find a balance between strenght and clipping?

Even at 86% I'm still getting clipping on occasion when im mid corner mainly.

10. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Read the Logitech-thread. But yes, it's a balance thing.
    Or, buy a Fanatec CSW or T500 ;)

FishforRent likes this.