1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ac needs a wider range of volume level for wind sounds....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MPaC, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Magun

Magun Racer

Until you turn your head around. If the "Wind" goes directly to your ear. It is so Loud at 80 kph allready. Had this experience but without a helmet :eek:

Hmm?:confused: Isn't all cool hear? I mean ther is no swearing or anything like this.

2. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I currently find the wind sound too loud, in my subwoofer. It almost drowns everything else out. I've actually turned it off.

3. Joao Alves

Joao Alves Racer

Wear a helmet!

TCLF, PhenOm and Magun like this.
  4. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Here you go.
    You're welcome :)

Edit: Don't forget that it's probably filmed with a Google glass. Audio quality isn't the best there is so the sound irl is still a bit different I guess.

TCLF and Joao Alves like this.
  5. MPaC

MPaC Gamer

another thing is that the engine should be way more agressive and natural in ac.my settings (2nd video) are of course miles away of beeing perfect but it makes me more "believe" that i drive fast than with the default wind/engine/overall sounds.

here another engine/wind example where the mic is more attached inside the car. (yes its not perfect)

(watch loud at 1.25min )

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  6. MPaC

MPaC Gamer

monza is also a very high speed track and an extreme example also.
    so here is nuerbuerg

yes its not perfect and yes its not a hotlap :p

7. Dionos

Dionos Gamer

I would figure that you need proper and consistent recordings to set the volume of all sorts of audio sources right.

You could, for instance, mount a high quality microphone in the helmet (for cars in which you wear a helmet), or near your head (for cars in which you don't wear a helmet). Then you would make recordings for a specific car, at different speeds, on different sections of the track. That should give you the right tools to set the volume levels correctly afterwards.

The problem is that none of the videos that were posted have the right audio gear in the right position (obviously the wind sounds will be too loud when recorded by microphones that are exposed to the air). Debating whether wind volumes should be louder or not based on these videos is nothing more than speculation I think. Honestly, I can't even comment on the volume being too silent or not, because I have never driven such a car...

We could perhaps assume that Kunos is doing all the testing that is needed while they're working on the new sound system :)

8. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I have never been in an open wheel car before, so I cannot comment on that. I do ride a motorcycle though. For me any speed past ~50-70 mph (depending on the direction of the winds) and I cannot hear my bike. I should be wearing ear protection on longer rides because by the end my ears are ringing.

If I ride into the wind and going ~80 mph then it feels like my ears are going to blow out. I have actually had to slow down on windy days because of how loud it was going into the wind.

Cars are a different story :] The only one I can help out with is the GTR that we will be getting soon (TM). I have taken that one around a track and I definitely remember what it sounds like. :confused:
    ~Bailey
    PS: Motorcycle + Bridge + San Francisco crosswinds = scary
    Having to lean like you are turning, but still going straight is pretty trippy.

PhenOm and MPaC like this.
  9. MPaC

MPaC Gamer

finally the discussion i wanted. thank you guys.
    yes its very hard to get the sound recordings right.
    and scary is a very good point to mention.because i wanna get more of that feeling "being inside a racecar" und thinking/feeling that i drive really fast.and ac lacks in that component right now.dont get me wrong i love ac and the physics but there is still something missing about the feel and sense of speed in that sim. i hope kunos will improve that .
    i am not an expert but i think the key components are sound/head movement and then maybe the graphics engine itself.

for example in rfactor2 i have a better and immersive speed feeling (just speed not phsysics!) in that old f1 car than in ac (and ofc its still not perfect, just better)