1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AC on a single GTX980 at 3x1440p, what perfs ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by hgaouar, Feb 5, 2017.

1. hgaouar

hgaouar Gamer

Hello racers,

My specs :
    GTX980
    Core I7 4790K running at standard 4Ghz
    8Gb RAM

Right now i have very-stable 60FPS at 4k on high (not max) settings with many AI.

What graphics performance can i expect in AC with a single GTX980 at 3x1440p with 10 AI ?

Thx

phil likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Race length in Single player Mar 29, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Single player championship bug after 1.9.6 update Jan 24, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Single player Lamborghini BOP Jan 13, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 2023 Season Championship/Single Player Update? Dec 30, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer can't connect do multiplayer , no statistics in single player too Jul 29, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Do we have any better Porsche Cup liveries for single player mode Jul 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Why is there no 2023 Single Player Mode? Jun 27, 2023
    ACC Gameplay 24h single player racing / my feedback May 30, 2023
    ACC Gameplay single player mode issues after 1.9 version May 26, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC crashing in single player mode May 18, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting reporting minor bug on single player (merc TC resetting to 2) Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC stuck not loading singleplayer race or online Feb 1, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality FFB is different in VR and single monitor Jan 8, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions memory error crash when loading cota or watklins glen in single player open season series Nov 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot load saved game in single career mode Nov 8, 2022

3. Torcano

Torcano Alien

I used to run triple 1440s with a single 980, pretty easy to hold 60 of you drop reflections to low/static and shadows to low with overall PP effects set to normal. That's for racing with a ton of cars on the grid though. You can bump up those lowered stuff by a bit if you are just hotlapping. 2xAA should do fine at 1440, wouldn't suggest running any higher with triples at that resolution. Mine were 24 inch monitors running 1440 so I could bypass AA completely as I barely saw any major jaggies due to the higher pixel density on the smaller monitors. But for 27 inchers or higher you might have to use 2xAA just to be safe.

Although, I could suggest you a simple test to check the performace for yourself without having three monitors attached.

- Grab Simple Runtime Window Editor (SRWE tool)
    - Start AC, change the settings in the launcher to 1440p in borderless windowed mode, single screen rendering mode (those two are very important)
    - Start a race session with a bunch of cars on it
    - Run SRWE in admin mode
    - Select acs.exe in the list of open programs tab
    - Then change the resolution from 2680x1440 to 7680x1440 by inputing those values in the corresponding boxes and click apply
    - And now the game should be running at that resolution
    - Do H center and V center so that the game centers itself to the middle monitor
    - Check what FPS you get
    - Profit

hgaouar, myimac and Coanda like this.
  4. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Bleh... was half asleep when typing that. Meant to say 2560x1440 to 7680x1440, not 2680. Goddamn, should always double check before pressing reply. xD

hgaouar likes this.
  5. hgaouar

hgaouar Gamer

Awesome answer thank you so much.

I never heard of this tool ! Great way to test config perf before buying monitors !

6. Torcano

Torcano Alien

No problemo, if you get any doubts just give me a message and I can give more detailed help if needed. The SRWE tool is actually a pretty neat thing indeed, but a tiny disclaimer would be that the performance numbers that you get out of it are gonna be a bit higher because of its requirement of having to run the game in single screen rendering mode. When you do however run the game with three actual monitors, you'll end up using triple screen rendering mode in order to get rid of the stretching and warping of the image on the side monitors and in that mode you'd lose about 5 fps on an average compared to single screen rendering, around 10 given an absolute worst case scenario from my experience. Not anything to actually worry about though if you are only aiming at 60FPS gaming at that high resolution, as long as you keep the eye candy in check the 980 has enough juice in it to handle the load just fine. :p