1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AC triple screen setup question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by CrzBonKerz, Aug 12, 2016.

1. CrzBonKerz

CrzBonKerz Racer

Hello!

I'm planning a triple screen setup for AC. I have a hardware question to throw out there. I currently have a GTx 970, and thinking about getting a 1070.

Could I run the main screen on the 1070 and the 2 other peripheral screens with the 970 in AC?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Editing screens individually, is it possible? Triple Monitor setup plugin. Apr 5, 2024
    ACC Hardware Discussions Triple screen and gsync question Jun 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Triple screen View Settings have no effect. [Wrong executable command active] Oct 29, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Help on building a high end PC for ACC triple+1 screens setup Oct 27, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Screen flickering (trees, tyre walls and various objects) - only when "triple screen" is set to on? Jun 3, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No car shadows on side triple screens? Apr 15, 2022
    ACC User Interface Triple Screen Replays Mar 26, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Triple screen FOV setting tied to which view ? Feb 15, 2022
    Chit Chat Room New more solid rig or triple screens ? Nov 25, 2021
    Console Lounge Triple screen with xbox one? Sep 26, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Triple Screen Settings not being saved/read Apr 25, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Difference in FPS when using Triple Screen vs. Single Screen Mar 14, 2021
    Chit Chat Room AC Triple screens with no suround Mar 8, 2021
    ACC General Discussions ACC and triple screen Feb 11, 2021
    ACC User Interface Proximity Indicator incorrect placement with Triple Screen Dec 7, 2020

3. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

I dont think so.
    You might be able to if you use softTH, but to do it properly you need to put the screens into surround mode where the 3 screens seen as a single high resolution display (with or without bezel correction). I dont think you can "surround" over different gen cards
    the 1070 will be able drive all 3 screens with no issues on its own unless you intent to use crazy resolution panels. The only issue is ports on the 10X0 cards, you'll probably need a displayport adaptor to get a connector that matches the monitors

LeDude83 likes this.
  4. Easy

Easy Racer

Also the 970 will not have a problemt with it, just for your information. I know many people racing with tripple and 970 without any problems.
    BUT, the 1070 is a very nice card. Have fun with it :p

LeDude83 likes this.
  5. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

I decided to use 2 just to be sure! ;)

LeDude83 likes this.
  6. I'm running triple 24's on a 970, and it works GREAT! Very high settings and around 100 fps average. With 2 970's you can probably max everything i guess :) But looking at the 1070 it might be the same hehe!

LeDude83 likes this.
  7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm in the same camp...care to share your gfx settings? I have mine pretty much sorted but in a recent MP race at Barcelona I had several FPS drops below 60, which sucks. Barcelona seems to be the least optimized track, though.

8. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

iam runing triples with 770 and with full grid iam getting about 80 fps on meduim to high settings :}

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

At Barcelona, too?

10. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

i dont really remember , i will test it later

11. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

Nvidia GTX 980 TI for triple 27" BENQ 144Hz monitors.
    Works OK, but after one of the last patches I'm down to 47-58 fps, rarely higher with a grid of 20 cars, all settings maxed.
    Before that patch I used to have over 60fps easy.
    Don't know where exactly that came from, but I understood the devs are working to get a higher fps count again ?

12. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

You can push 100fps with very high settings on a 970? That must be alone right? I have roughly the same config but I run very low settings to get around 144fps alone, but online with a couple of other racers it soon drops to below 90...

For the OP, as stated by others, your 970 can drive 3 24" 1080p (even 144hz) screens just fine, assuming you're willing to run not maxed out gfx.

13. CrzBonKerz

CrzBonKerz Racer

Thanks everyone for all of the replies! Right now I have a single screen setup with Benq 144hz monitor. Getting 2 more of those is pretty pricey. So I've been torn between trying to find some 24" PC monitors, or actually going to the route of 32" Vizio D32-D1 TV. It claims to have a 120hz refresh - and I only plan on displaying 1080p.

I just feel like the 32" will give a much more immersive experience vs. 24". Anyone doing anything that big?

14. grat

grat Simracer

Only 27" here. Would not go 24", but I do not feel the need for anything bigger, usually. As for the topic, I run a 980 and in general have no problem keeping fairly high settings above 60fps. As many others said, last patches caused a drop in fps so tht it goes below 60 when there are many cars (especially some cars). Looking forward to Stefano's 1.8 improvements.

15. I'm still running a gtx 680 4 gig, would like something newer though.

16. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

Perfectly happy with 27". I can compare with a triple 24" from a frriend, the difference is really noticeable.
    I have no need to go over 27" as long as you place them where they need to be: right at the back of your wheel base and with enough angle to get "surrounded".

17. Anyone with 21/9 monitor? Seems quite good idea if somoene (like me) dont want 3 monitors on desk

18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Barcelona is indeed heaviest official track. T1 and some others too. I have similar drops also in Monza T1. Of course not while hotlapping, but with enough other cars.

It is very setting dependent, "high settings" is subjective. When you truly max out AC in triple screen, you need a monster of a GPU to handle full grids, even if reflections are on low. By dropping some details it becomes manageable but the shadows look really bad on anything other than Ultra. Also I need 4x AA and 16x AF otherwise it looks pretty bad IMO regardless what you put into other settings.

1.8 should come with FPS improvements, hope they apply to also triples. Also shadow improvements. Maybe they are not flickering on Medium/High anymore, so can lower them to gain FPS without the shadows becoming flickering mess. When playing offline, I prefer to max out the details (listed in my signature) as far as I can with 980 Ti, and then play with considerably less cars, and I can stay at 60 fps. In Barcelona have to use very small grids, but I prefer it that way, instead of having big grids with worse graphics.

When going MP, I drop shadow/track details and just bare with the flickering. Reflection quality is also major FPS killer, that needs to be on low for me.

Probably GPUs that will support NVidia Simultaneous Multi-Projection will perform a lot better on triples/VR, being able to render everything in one pass. But I believe it's only supported in the latest top tier NVidia GPU (only 1080?) Afaik AC will support this

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-pascal,4572-3.html

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    LeDude83 likes this.
  19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Don't have one myself but as I said before: good idea. It will give you 66 degrees FOV at 0.6 m distance. 24" Triples give you 140 but it's mainly for immersion. The important bits you can fit on one 34" 21:9...that means apexes even on tight hairpins. Definitely get a Vesa mounting arm to bring it in really close and into perfect position.

marcinmarcin79 likes this.
  20. TTM

TTM Alien

I had triple screen setup but replaced it with one 21/9 monitor. I have to say that i'm not miss my triple screen setup. ;)

21. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Taking a closer look at my T500 RS I see you could even fit the screen behind the rim if you upgrade to a wheel with wheel-mounted paddles.
    That gives you another 0.2 m closer distance to screen. calculated FOV with a 34 " 21:9 monitor is ~90 degrees in such a scenario.