1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Accerlation with xbox one elite controller

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by George Bavaria, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Hi everyone,
    I have a issue with the controller steering on xbox. First the game use only 50% of the R trigger. When I press the r trigger 50% down I have max rpm. The same on a normal xbox controller.
    Then I think that xbox version takes very slowly the throttle. Even when I deactivated all assists the acceleration feels delayed like a traction control. When I keep in mind that the trigger gives by 50% full throttle some cars accelerate to gentle.
    The lotus eos 125 is the best example for it. In the pc version I had traction problems until 3 rd gear and here on xbox the car feels total different with controller. Much easier to handle.
    It's a bit dissapointing because I hoped for the same experience like on pc what driving belongs. I don't if it have to do that ypu always have 100% grip on the xbox version an temp always over 32ºC.

I think this should be fixed because when people can't handle Accerlation they have the option to activate tcs. Suspension and tire physics are phantastic but that irritate me really. Because I think that on pc the cars are more fun and more challenging to drive. That's why I buy this game.

Ps: the acceleration feels on my xbox elite and xbox standard the same. So it does not depend on my settings on elite controller.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Loosing save progress mid race and after race. (Xbox series x) Mar 19, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Frame drop or freeze on Xbox series X Mar 17, 2024
    XBox One Discussions Saved game crash Xbox series s Feb 22, 2024
    XBox One Discussions I FINALLY got my SA to play in Competition servers on xbox one and...... Feb 2, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX ONE ONLINE PLAYERS Dec 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX SERIES S VERSION 1.7.2 NOT UPDATED? Dec 6, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Did the developer stop updating events on xbox series x? Nov 20, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Does xbox one version become x/s optimised version? Nov 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cheating, does it happen, is it possible on Xbox Sep 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox steering wheel support Aug 9, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Problème volant détecte sur Xbox séries s mais en jeu je ne peux pas jouer au volant Jun 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX Series X - driver swaps May 24, 2023
    Steering wheels discussions Xbox serie xG923 problems with ACC May 9, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX Hosted Server Apr 14, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Xbox controller rumble randomly stops working correctly Mar 16, 2023

3. Horus

Horus Alien

Not sure if it applies to the console version, but on the PC there are hidden aids dependent on the control system used. So maybe this is what you are feeling with the acceleration, the 50% pressure things sounds like a calibration issue. I believe you do not have a calibration option in game, so have you tried pushing the triggers before starting the game, as it sounds like an problem we have on the PC side. Where if you start the game with the wheel connected for the first few laps the brakes/throttle are hyper sensitive but slowly recalibrate, or you get used to it not sure which. Placebo effects are strong in this title. :)

4. I run an xbox one Elite gamepad in online motogp championships on xbox one and PS4..

I'll try the Elite out on the xbox one version of AC and see if I have the same problem myself.

Is the x1 Elite you have set to the full range of trigger input(s) under the advanced settings for the x1 Elite gamepad via the xbox one Elite advanced gamepad adjustments available from the xbox one dashboard under "Settings"? Just a thought.

grT

5. I just gave the x1 Elite gamepad a run on AC on the xbox one version of the game..

Have to report throttle and also brake input(s) were absolutely fine. Same result as with a standard xbox one gamepad. Stood in neutral and tested the throttle and it was progressive and fully linear all the way to the redline and beyond. Felt absolutely with the x1 Elite gamepad doing a few laps round Catalunya also.

So I encounter no problems using the Elite gamepad whatsoever..

Just a thought but have you updated the controller "firmware" on this controller via the dashboard "settings" menu? Is the gamepad running the latest version "firmware"?

grT

6. I can see in the app for the xbox controller that everything works fine. And friend have the same issue with the calibration. I have the newest firmware. So far as I know you must always have the newest firmware to use the app
    The calibration in the game is not available. I can't change it by myself.
    And like I sad I set all 0 to 100 on both triggers and the controller works perfect what you can check with the app. Why should run the controller on every other game fine and then on assetto corsa.
    It's the same case like in pcars on release. Even there people denying the issue with the x axis and said whe are to dumb to play sims.
    Did some dev read this threads here. Because they the only one where the calibration setting in the game are. There is hundert percent no 100% range. You can find it very easy out when you push the trigger in neutral. And then you see that you give full throttle on 50%. In gears you can't test it really. I didn't say that the acceleration is not linear. The most didn't realize that the game gives full throttle on the half way. And when you drive with tcs or whatever than you didn't feel. But when you sit in a f40 tuned you realize very fast that you could need that more range.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  7. Well I went back and checked it once again..

I think I owe you an apology. You're absolutely right.

I am getting exactly the same effect..

(I'm just confused why I did not get this result first time round when I tried it..I stood motionless in neutral and did the same test. It seemed o.k. at the first attempt.. Maybe it's just me being stupid? Me of all people should have spotted this as we had problems with a "peaky" throttle and a "grabby" brake when using the x1 controller on the gpbikes simulator..)

Anyway, having tested it again I concur. It does indeed seem that the triggers on the xbox one controller have not been mapped to the game properly.

Apologies for my confusing "result" from earlier.

grT

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    George Bavaria likes this.
  8. No problem girlracer :).
    I think for the most people who use controller is it no issue. Because the most cars are very wheel driveable. And i think most use tcs then you feel absolutely no issue. But specially when you try one of the drift cars than you feel it very fast. Because it's harder to steering with throttle.
    I hope that with some of the next update the calibration of the steering and throttle and bracke will be available. So that everybody can set up like he wants.
    I know that I maybe expect a bit to much control on controller and I should have to buy a wheel. But the calibration should be really fixed.

9. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

I have the same probleme with my t300rs racing wheel..the wheel calibration is ok but pedals are not calibrated compared to the maximal pressure of pedals..when you are pressing the pedal at 25% you got the maximum RPM value..so playing without TC on gt or hyper cars is impossible..you cant handle the car

Is there any issue ?? Or maybe kunos must think on it

10. So far as I know marco wrote in his blog that the wheel will get calibration settings in the options :)

billelstar likes this.
  11. billelstar

billelstar Gamer

I hope so...wheel and pedals :)