1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Add Porsche 959 ?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tomiroquai, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Tomiroquai

Tomiroquai Rookie

Porsche 959 would be a nice choice to complete the legendary tryptic of the 80's besides the Countach and the F40...

Also the 928 or the 968 have never been represented in a modern sim, that would be great to drive some in AC one day!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Porsche Gt3 just added Feb 15, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues missing additional shiftinglights Porsche 919 hybrid 2016 Dec 21, 2016
    ACC Physics ACC inconsistensies should be addressed for the future of the game. (Ex: Braking mechanics & tracks) Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Virtual Reality Dev's: Add Quad Views rendering to ACC for a free massive fps gain Sep 3, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Advanced Paddle Module - Look Left/Right May 14, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Suggestion] additional eye tracking hardware. Apr 27, 2023
    General modding discussion Adding objects and materials in 3Dsimed. Apr 7, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Penalty added each time game is launched. Jan 23, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Please add telemetry and full race replay Dec 24, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Info for add Post Race Penalties Sep 30, 2022
    Sounds modding Adding horn sounds to a car Aug 30, 2022
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Add Python Libraries to Assetto Corsa Python App Aug 25, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Using Xpadder with ACC Aug 16, 2022
    ACC User Interface Please add Tilt(roll driver's head) with wheel option. Aug 9, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting A request to add windows 8.1 support for ACC Jul 10, 2022

3. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Although technologically superior i always understood it to be a lot slower than the f40 around a track..

I have no idea why i think that..

4. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Of the top of my head the 959 has less power, weights more and probably has less downforce while the tech would help a lot I dont think its enough. Yellowbird was certainly a closer match.

5. Tomiroquai

Tomiroquai Rookie

Beyond the performance aspect it's just that I'd really like to drive a 959, especially in AC :)

arthur666 likes this.
  6. I hope Porsche will consider this as they have a 70th anniversary coming up next year and also consider the 961, 930, 911 2.7 Carerra RS, 1976 935, 993 GT2 as part of the pack

arthur666 likes this.
  7. Tomiroquai

Tomiroquai Rookie

993 GT2, ooooh yes. Or even a simple 993 Carrera I'd take it. The last "true" 911 for me.

8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I suggest having a vote for it … *runs* :D

9. Some of those front engined Porsche's sound pretty tasty to me. Can't imagine them in any future Porsche content, just like the Ferrari pack which is devoid of any front engined GT cars of that era.

That being said, I decided to make the front engined Ferrari I wanted anyway, so maybe a Porsche could go on the list too.

928 seems the most special to me as the flagship model, but I also have a mega soft spot for the 924, being the smallest, lightest and least powerful of the bunch. 944 and 968 don't stand out too much to me as they are a bit middle of the road.

arthur666 likes this.
  10. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

993 Carrera sometime, NFS mod. Judging by the Diablo and 512TR, it'll be an A+ quality mod. :)

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Which anniversary? The 356?

12. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Don't worry. There's no modern Porsche F1 car. :p

13. Porsche celebrated their 50th Anniversary in 1998

14. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

They also celebrated their 50th anniversary in 1981.

15. That celebration was for car production, hence they had the central display at Goodwood FoS and IIRC, an exhibit at Design Museum