1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by James Foster, Oct 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. James Foster

James Foster Rookie

Just wondering if anyone else has found that they can pull away from the AI quite easily after battling to overtake them? I am currently racing on 96% difficulty. I have to battle hard to pass people, but then find them very easy to pull away from. Perhaps this is something developers can look into? Only early of course.

Stepy and mESCx like this.
  2. trutya

trutya Simracer

maybe try 100%? :)

3. Nesja

Nesja Racer

Most of the AI cars are actually very slow.
    Only 5-8 of the AI cars are fast and with the grids being random in quick races some of those fast AI end up stuck behind slower cars. So when it comes down it, in quick races you end up pulling away from almost all AI cars and only the top 3 or so ends up being fast.

4. trutya

trutya Simracer

in quick race you can set the filter, which entrants you want to play with ;)
    in sprint race weekend there is no filter, just the sprint cup entrants.

maybe you use all entrants, and from a hug selection only half of the field is fast, the others are bronze drivers, i don't know? i suggest to try to use the filter.
    also in quick race there is no qualy and so the field is mixed. but with high agression the faster AI drivers should be able to pass...

5. mms

mms Alien

Yes, I've seen other people having this too, including me. I said it already, but here it is again: if you're able to catch up and pass an AI, it means you're faster than them, probably more than a few tenths, so I think it's pretty normal that once you passed them you will pull away. You can always check their lap times, if they have considerably slower lap times after you pass them than that could be an issue.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  6. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Loving this and look forward to the final release.
    However I have a couple of issues with the AI. After outbreaking them into a corner they then unrealistically speed up again pass you back and take the corner at warp speed and this is with aggression set to 60%.
    The other issue is something I've found in every sim I've tried and I hope someone has an answer.. Why do developers have their cars stick to the road like glue? They touch you you're off the track and if you touch them particularly in the rear coming out of a corner you're again off the track. The only exception I found was RF1 where you could adjust the AI car's torque stability value to the point where you didn't always come off second best. Surely if you give the AI cars a nudge they should be effected..

trutya likes this.
  7. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I guess the AI has superhuman reflexes and catches the drift before the car moves off the line. A bit of delay to their corrections might make them seem more human.

8. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I believe AI is not running real physics at the moment...they are a bit like on rails and last night i pitted a car and he was 90° left and than drifted to right side and then straiten up the car and still stayed ahead of me :D

mESCx likes this.
  9. SoloWingX

SoloWingX Racer

In that case why do I have 100% CPU usage with only 10 AI already? :D

mESCx likes this.
  10. Vannipo

Vannipo Rookie

The Main Problem is again:

The AI just drives slower, if u decrease the difficulty, even on straight parts. It would be better, if they use the full amount of throttle and getting slower by braking too early or too late, loosing time in corners...

Tacticus12, mESCx and chksix like this.
  11. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

How do you select your opponents, where do I find the filter?

12. trutya

trutya Simracer

if i rmember orrectly, it's in the quick race menu, when you select your car there is a "filter" option on the downside of screen (near confirm and others, in the middle)
    filter canbe set to "all", "sprint" or "endurance"

13. tazza1986

tazza1986 Gamer

today I tried a 30 minute race against AI. a car started with the pit limiter and kept it inserted throughout the race. the other cars have struggled to overtake her many times so I double them 2 or times, noting that the blue flags are present, but are not considered, since they were still very aggressive. I show you a short video taken from the AI car onboard replay

BEsnake likes this.
  14. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

So thats what happend to my ai. Couldnt check what was happening since my game crashed after the race

15. trutya

trutya Simracer

maybe it simulates a random technical issue?
    i did a lot of races but never experienced this (but full lap formation)

16. tazza1986

tazza1986 Gamer

I do not believe. the car turned for the 30-minute race with the limiter on. if it was a problem it would stop I think ..

17. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

18. tazza1986

tazza1986 Gamer

19. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Why does the AI take full fuel during practice sessions and perform like low fuel setup cars?
    They do not pit after a couple of laps as in real life and as it is in AC1.
    Please make them behave like in AC1.

20. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

63BCE31D-F1F0-4847-8AF4-A981FECB3C8A.jpeg The Lambos seem to be in their own league...