1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Alfa Giuilia QV

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Straight6lover, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Hi folks!

Have been very happy to receive the bonus pack 3.

All cars seems to be fun, exept the giuilia....ho my god this car is lazy...front end is so faaaat, and the gear box or the turbo is not well adjusted, every upgear change, there's a huge time before the power comes back.

brakes are...too light, so i don't know if it comes from the car it self or from assetto, but to me, i prefer nor the quattroporte gts (which is heavier) nor the M4. But this giuilia is disapointing....

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion Alfa Romeo 159 on Assetto Corsa Oct 23, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room [SimRacing-GP.net] Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale - Sprint Series | Fridays Sep 8, 2021
    Screens & Videos Alfa Romeo 147 on Assetto Corsa! (MOD) Aug 21, 2021
    General modding discussion Alfa Romeo 156 GTA on Assetto Corsa Jun 20, 2021
    Screens & Videos Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm MOD on Assetto Corsa Mar 20, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #165 Ok, I'll Alfa another go... Feb 8, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Strange shifting behavior on the Alfa Romeo 33 stradale + G29 Oct 22, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Advice about my driving on Magione in Alfa Romeo Giulietta? Jan 12, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room DrivingItalia Formula Abarth and Alfa 155 V6 championships Sep 10, 2018
    Bug reports Brake bias bug, Alfa Romeo 33 stradale Jun 24, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Alfa Romeo GTA mirror ratio Feb 16, 2018
    General modding discussion Alfa Giulia QV (Automatic) transmission Jan 6, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Alfa Giulia Q.V. Dash Lights Icon Always On Dec 21, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Alfa 33 Stradale 4th gear not working Dec 21, 2017
    Screens & Videos Thanks for the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale Dec 21, 2017

3. Arthur-94

Arthur-94 Gamer

I feel the same. The car has too much understeer. The gears are too long for this engine, the ZF auto would be the better choice.

4. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

But in the game they made the verrsion with manual gearbox. Auto ZF should be much performing.

5. Without it, i doubt an M4 with M/T will behave the same, it seems to be a lack of turbo pressure or a bad gearbox ratio...

MaxStrong01 likes this.
  6. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I never driven the real car so I am not abke to say if it is a not perfect simulation of the car performance or if the car, which is born with the auto ZF, have a bad manual transmission. Maybe the 6 gears are not perfect for an engine which has been optimized for an automatic transmission with 8 gears

Kriig likes this.
  7. Xherdani

Xherdani Racer

Guys are you serious? Too much understeer?! The car performs soo good on Nordschleife for example! Just compare it with the M4 -> this car understeers a lot! The only thing where i agree is that the gear ratio is too long and then it feels like the car has less power + the turbo kicks in very late compared to the M4

8. Nurburgring is not the answer for everything, have tried it on imola, laguna seca and nur' GP, front end DOES understeer as hell.

Finally on the nord', there's not so much tight corners, so understeer can't be feeled

9. Xherdani

Xherdani Racer

But it´s a limousine - so it will never steer-in like a Porsche, Ferrari etc. - but when you compare it with the M4 it has much less understeer in my opinion - there are 15-20 seconds between this two cars on NS!

10. It's not a limousine...the quattroporte, the panamera are limo.
    and you feel that the M4 understeer more than the Giuilia, but it thinl it depends on the type of driving.

I'm always late on the brakes, and M4 did not understeer that much, giuilia is a nightmare.

And if you read my 1st comment i was saying that i was much comfy in the heavier quattroporte than this.

I've never compared to a porsche or a ferrari (but with a heavier saloon, and a lighter coupé but still not far)

And to finish you are always refering to NS, right, test it on other tracks.

11. Xherdani

Xherdani Racer

But in general you said that you prefer the M4 to the Giulia.... and i don´t understand it. Ok the M4 is cool to drift and he looks cool etc. but in terms of time-attack the Giulia is way better.

12. Let me explain to you something, i'm saying my feelings, feelings are not universale, first point.

Second, i've never talked about drift and design. i've said that the M4, which is in AC the closest rival to the giuilia, has a better all around behaviour TO ME.

I know that the M4 is heavy and less powerfull, but never the less i maintain that, the giuilia is too understeery, gearbox or turbo lag are not good.

But you seems to be THAT guy that want to be right. Be aware that if i do this post, it's because i was hoping a lot from the QV

13. Xherdani

Xherdani Racer

No mate everything is cool but i was very excited before the BONUS PACK 3 to drive the Giulia. And in my opinion my expectations were fulfilled :) I love this car. But just to make it clear - i love the M4 too :) But for fast laps i prefer the Giulia - for example i took both to the Nordschleife and the M4 was 15 seconds slower than the Giulia (in real life it´s 20 seconds - Giulia: 7.32 , M4: 7.52)
    Everything is cool @Straight6lover ! :) One thing will definitely connect us - the passion to Assetto Corsa ;)

olevet likes this.
  14. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

In fact in my posts I was referring only to the gears ratio which seems to be too long. I never commented the chassis behaviour.