1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio - nordschleife lap record

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Błażej, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Błażej

Błażej Racer

I may just be completely crazy about alfa's latest creation but even if you don't care about it at all, you have to admire this incredible effort.
    Giulia and AC would be a match made in heaven. I'm sure we will be able to experience it one day.

ooqbar, Kyo, yohnsy and 9 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion Alfa Romeo 159 on Assetto Corsa Oct 23, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room [SimRacing-GP.net] Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale - Sprint Series | Fridays Sep 8, 2021
    Screens & Videos Alfa Romeo 147 on Assetto Corsa! (MOD) Aug 21, 2021
    General modding discussion Alfa Romeo 156 GTA on Assetto Corsa Jun 20, 2021
    Screens & Videos Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm MOD on Assetto Corsa Mar 20, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Strange shifting behavior on the Alfa Romeo 33 stradale + G29 Oct 22, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Advice about my driving on Magione in Alfa Romeo Giulietta? Jan 12, 2019
    Bug reports Brake bias bug, Alfa Romeo 33 stradale Jun 24, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Alfa Romeo GTA mirror ratio Feb 16, 2018
    Screens & Videos Thanks for the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale Dec 21, 2017
    Suggestions Alfa Romeo Giulia QV - Drift , and more ? Dec 6, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fiat/Alfa Romeo engine stall Sep 6, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Corsa-Spec Alfa Romeo GTA Sparks Its Pilot’s Passion Jun 21, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Alfa Romeo GTA Tow OTT? May 14, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Reduced Gear - Alfa Romeo 4C Mar 17, 2017

3. I was just going to post this! Kunos, you really have to honor Alfa Romeo by implementing the fantastic Quadraifoglio into Assetto Corsa! Let us try and beat that! And put that Porsche Panamera in there aswell ;)

4. Really aggressive driving!

Edit: And the tyres looks SO sticky.

Kristaps likes this.
  5. Cefa

Cefa Hardcore Simmer

this car will come, MUST come, waiting for the announcement :cool:

eXo and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  6. Berry

Berry Alien

That's it most likely, I always take these with a pinch of salt, if this gets into the game I bet it won't be that much faster than an M4, let's say on par with the C7 Corvette.
    Still, impressive driving :p.

7. eXo

eXo Racer

Amazing video.
    (@1:50 :eek::eek:)

Kopiller likes this.
  8. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

He messed up the corner just before the very long straight & it is a costly one. Although this car have insane performance, especially for a mid size sedan.

9. Doesnt look "that" sticky to me. And they complain a lot.

My guess is they were Corsa tyres, not Trofeo.

10. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

OMG that control at Adenauer Forst :eek:
    The tyres do not seem so sticky, and as William said they're screaming like hell.
    Instead the car seems to behave quite pointy, it looks it has been trimmed with stiffer suspensions, can't believe that Alfa want to kill his average joe customer.
    The driver is Fabio Francia, Maserati's professional pilot.

11. eXo

eXo Racer

Is also an official tester for Alfa and he's the son of Giorgio Francia.
    The father was a tester for Alfa too and was a professional pilot some years ago.
    They undoubtedly have the alfa DNA :D

12. For me the bite in the tyres looks a lot like the Top gear tyres in AC. On some corners the car is just doing things no front engined family saloon should be able to do. So sharp response. Just look at it.

Anyway, I still like the driving. So aggressive. Looks a bit similar to my driving style.

13. McGraw

McGraw Racer

Great driving and nice car but can't see the track properly due to the exposure being set on the car interior.

Mogster likes this.
  14. Mogster

Mogster Alien

There's a few points where he's right on the edge, before Adenaur in particular...

There's no cage in the car and he's not wearing a flame proof race suit or anything other than a helmet. Driving like that on the Nordschleife in a stock road car it makes me cringe a bit watching it. Someone is going to get seriously hurt or worse setting these times...

15. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

On another forum Kubica's ex co-driver said that he asked the driver about it and he answered that they were Corsa tyres.

That lap makes that talk about "driving on the 'Ring irl doesn't look the same as simracers driving" a bit invalid. He wasn't afraid to go over those kerbs at all, even car's safety systems (?) freaked out a bit when he hit that kerb after foxhole. ;)
    Nice lap.

Nahkamarakatti and Błażej like this.
  16. About the suspension, to me it looked very unsettled, which makes sense. This isn't a track car, so the rates must be kinda soft, which in turn causes the car to lean on the bumpstops a lot and bounce around, which could give the impression that the car is stiff. Of course the damping must be pretty good, just that the car runs too low for the spring rates in extreme conditions.

17. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

One off the most hairy driving on the ring Ive seen. He is realy on the limit riding on the curbs and maximal force in the high speed zones.
    Who are the driver??

18. Fabio Francia, test driver.

Bo-Göran Larsson likes this.
  19. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

AC is clearly simcade until they give us the Giulia QV.

20. Fabioc8

Fabioc8 Racer

Yes, on Facebook, Fabio Francia ( the driver) said he was using Pirelli Corsa tires which are the ones that are normally mounted on the car when it is sold.

21. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

jesus christ on a stick

impressive