1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Any of you ac racers work in the automotive industry ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Sleeper Service, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Sooo... there's plenty of talk about sim racing, what cars folks drive, whether you race or partake in track days etc...

I work in the car industry, specifically as a quality engineer at an engineering company who make parts for Jaguar Land Rover and Aston Martin. Mainly machining aluminium castings and extrusions that are generally used in chassis. We also do a few cabin parts but the bulk of the work is chassis stuff.

Interesting and complicated work at times, but, for a guy that likes Astons and the F-Type it's a bonus to head to the factories and see the cars being put together, listen to the glorious V12's at AML and perv over the gorgeous F-Type at JLR.

Anyone else out there doing the same sort of stuff or maybe in other areas of the auto industry ?

Btw... any modders needing dimensional stuff on the above... I can provide, but then I'd have to kill you :)

snyperal likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer no bad ping or wifi racers allowed Jul 27, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room racecraft.online - Free Competition Platform for Sim Racers Jun 6, 2022
    Console Lounge Wheel racers 3rd shift May 24, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room EASTERNS Racers | Our goal is to provide clean, interesting single races and events. Feb 28, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Still looking for racers to fill the lobby Sep 20, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room GT3 League (looking for active racers) Sep 13, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Where are all online racers? Xbox - Europe Mar 17, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Any NZ/AUS racers out there? Dec 1, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ugly FFB on wheels (racers, don't ignore this) Sep 30, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Real Racers Jul 26, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Looking for EastCoast racers May 31, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC BlacktopRacers League on Playstation4 May 25, 2020
    ACC General Discussions A message to all fellow sim racers Feb 9, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Simracers storytime (TL;DR - I really, really enjoy ACC) Dec 10, 2019
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes LiveRacers Live Timing beta testing Jul 3, 2019

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

i did work experience for a week at a Jaguar showroom. Nearly sold a car before one of the actual dealers leached on.

4. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

I was a mechanic for 30 years.

5. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

if you dont mind me asking how is the salary of a mechanic, ive seen all sorts of numbers for mechanics and never got the opportunity to ask someone.

6. Currently in education but want to get into the automotive industry. The place you work sounds pretty cool.

7. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Finished my apprenticeship as a vehicle mechanic / electrician, and could have got 12€ / hour after some years. About 1000-1200€ per month after taxes and insurance for 40hrs/week here in Germany. Decided to go to university, currently finishing my bachelor and beginning the master in september. Did my bachelor thesis with a big contractor for powertrain engineering, working there part time now, too.

Brownninja97 likes this.
  8. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

I'm not a good one to ask that. I retired from that work in 87. I have a friend doing it now, and he makes about 75k a year.

Brownninja97 likes this.
  9. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

LoL, know that feeling.... ;)

Sleeper Service likes this.
  10. Sleeper Service

Lol... what a killjoy.

OMG.. you won't know me but I remember your name from the GPL days. One of those folks whose posts were worth reading at RSC. Nice to see you still in the driving seat.

11. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

Thank you.

12. Sleeper Service

I was working with a Quality Technician from AML last week. There's a new Aston in the works and he showed me a pic on his phone. When I asked him to send the pic to me he smiled and slowly shook his head :D :(

snyperal and Mr.Mugel like this.
  13. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

I have worked in a few automotive jobs.. All factory jobs though..
    One of my first jobs was working for a company that made exhaust pipes for Walker (a leading brand of replacement exhausts in the UK) I started there working on the cnc pipe bending machine, then moved into the paint spraying booth.
    I worked at 2 different sections of Rover (both warehouse jobs) supplying the trucks with all the parts for the MG F assembly line. And supplying the assembly line for the Rover 75's dashboard.
    Ive assembled parts of the coolant system for Audi's
    I worked for a plastic injection molding company, i was on the machine that made the hard plastic clock housing for the speedometer and rev counters in honda civics.
    And a few years a go i worked at a factory that made the seats for an Aston martin (not sure which one) and the Range Rover Evoque, my job was fitting the electronic seat moving control system in the Evoque seats.

14. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I did few jobs where I was paid by automotive companies but I don`t think it would be what you have on mind :)

15. gigelis

gigelis Gamer

Service technician at a
    VW Audi dealership

Στάλθηκε από το XT1068 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

16. jamba

jamba Racer

Im cleaner in mercedes.
    Beat that.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  17. mavryk1982

mavryk1982 Gamer

My cousin works for Ginetta here in the UK as a fabricator. He has only been there a short while but already does the extra race team stuff - basically looking after the Junior Ginettas / GT3/4's as well as their LMP Project in the pits at the races. He has become friends with the drivers. So seems like he's living a good life...

Needless to say, he is now my favourite cousin (;)) and will most definitely be getting a christmas card off me this year, along with my CV (Which has no automotive experience) but I did set the 2nd best time in the GT Academy 'Wildcard' shootout at Goodwood in 2012 so that's gotta put me as bronze level driver at Le Mans right... Right?! I'd love to work in this industry!

18. Sleeper Service

Nice... we have most of the car covered now. Just need a designer, an engine and a few mechanicals and we could start our own car company.

Intriguing......

Winner

Sweet, I enjoy watching the coverage of the Ginettas on the Touring car coverage.

19. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

I am a R&D testing engineer for one of the biggest bearing makers in the world.
    My work is mainly for the automotive industry, specializing in wheel bearings for all types of cars.
    From road cars to high performance cars.
    Our customers are some of the biggest car company's in the world (that's all i can say ;))
    and I am always working on cars that are not on the road yet.
    We have test rigs that can simulate for example laps around the Ring, with real data given by our customers only we can do this 24/7
    I work on prototypes that will become the finished product if it passes a certain amount of testing.
    If during this testing phase problems occur, I need to give my feedback to the designers to improve the bearing.

Epocx and snyperal like this.
  20. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I have an automotive background. I was salesmanager @ Ford-Toyota-BMW-Jaguar a long time ago.

Cheers
    Robin

21. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Not directly, but my company making parts for car manufacturers.
    Personally I have a kart racing license and loving racing since I can think.
    Loving sport cars and love driving them, thats all.
    Ah and an autodidacted hobby mechanic and car engineer, too ;)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    snyperal likes this.