1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Are some guys running softs and turning off tire wear in MP during races ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ted_R, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

I don't know if this is possible, I am just a little suspicious after a few races I have had lately.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
    F430_458_F12 likes this.

2. Hany

Hany Alien

No because soft tires start with 90% grip and after 1 lap they will have 100% grip. turning off tire wear will leave the soft tires at 90%. This trick is only possible with medium and hard tires.

sherpa25 and Kristaps like this.
  3. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

Probably.

I`ve seen some events where fuel usage rates were different during practice/qualy and the race, meaning what you thought was enough wasn`t and what should be enough was too much etc.

It is what it is I guess, until you can see full server setting, if you cant already, you`ll just have to roll with it ;)

4. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Lol maybe is possible...

At the same time maybe we will soon have more server options to force realistic settings (Friday?)

I would not care too much about these things. Problems like this are part of the early access, so is better to not worry too much and enjoy what we have right now until everything is completed

scott campbell likes this.
  5. iVG

iVG Alien

Someone's been pawned online I reckon ;D

jamba, Dick Forrest, Kristaps and 3 others like this.
  6. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

I wonder if it's possible that a soft at 90% would have better adhesion ( grip ) than a medium at 100 % ?

7. brianr121

brianr121 Racer

There's always someone faster... it's not fun to get kicked out of a race for being too fast.:cool::(

Patrik Marek likes this.
  8. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Yes it is definitely possible. If you aren't doing it then you may as well start because otherwise you're at a disadvantage. If you set fuel and tyre wear to off then when you go online you have no tyre wear or fuel usage, meaning you can start with softs and 1l of fuel. Kunos needs to get these settings from the server rather than the client as currently we have some who know about this and are utilising it while others have an inherent disadvantage.

I've noticed I'm slower right from the start on soft GT3 tyres compared to medium. Haven't tried it with tyre wear on though and it's not the case for other cars.

9. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

It wouldn't be the the first time ! LOL :D

Queequeg and Festa_PWR like this.
  10. Erwin

Erwin Racer

But if you do a 10+ lap race, the softs should degrade badly at the last laps. Then it may turn out that softs with constant 90% grip are faster than hards with wear.

Its unfair if one has to drive mediums or hards while others can get away with softs. A serious issue imo.

11. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

ANOTHER WAY TO CHEAT??? OMG... That's why i'm avoiding to go online on Assetto Corsa right now... :(

12. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

No way. They slide around like crazy. I've tested it and they're already horrible at 90%, and totally fall off the cliff around 87%.

No way they're faster than mediums. Mediums have barely any wear at all, 10 lap race and they're still at 99%. 90% softs would fall far, far behind.

Besides with tyre wear on softs wear after 5+ laps horribly. No way you can make them last 10 laps and be competitive.. Well maybe GT2 softs, still need to test them, but GT2 soft = GT3 medium anyway.

13. Hany

Hany Alien

The biggest issue for endu races is that anyone can turn off tire wear and race with medium tires at 99% for the whole race.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

14. r3ck0n

r3ck0n Racer

It's not a bug, as I think the server can be setup to disallow this. (I reported it as soon as MP was released) If you have tire wear, damage and fuel usage OFF, and the guy setting up the MP server doesn't enforce those rules, the server will let you run 1L of fuel and super softs (which stay at 90% for the entire race and you never run out of fuel)

SO YES, guys are doing this.

But it can be edited out in the server rules/config I am fairly certain, as I have been on several servers where a message popped up saying fuel usage is 1x, tire wear is 1x etc,...

Please correct me if I'm wrong and this is a bug.

15. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

I haven't come across a single server that has made me have fuel or tyre use on and never seen that message.

I just played with tyre wear on for the first time in a long time. To me it seemed first lap mediums are faster, second-fourth laps softs are faster and then from there on mediums are faster with the MP4-12C GT3

16. Erwin

Erwin Racer

I just did two tests with the BMW M3 GT2 at the nurburgring gp under the same conditions but with different tyre wear and tyre type.

Tyre wear 1x, medium: 2.00:2 1.59:8 1.59:6 2.00:3 1.59:3 2.00:0 1.59:4
    Tyre wear off, supersoft: 1.57:5 1.57:9 1.57:3 1.57:0

On the mediums i indeed didn't notice any degradation in the 8 laps i did. On the second stint, i instantly noticed that the grip level was much higher.

So, given the mediums wear out very little, you can gain about 2.5 seconds a lap by this trick, on a 10+ lap race.

17. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

Yes, but as I said, GT2 super soft = GT3 soft , GT2 Soft = GT3 medium

So you don't actually run GT2 mediums on 10 lap race, but GT2 soft. So your comparison isn't relevant imo.

I can test this myself actually now.

EDIT: nvm... GT2 cars don't start at 90% grip on any tyre. So it's actually exploitable if this is true that someone can enter with 0x tyre wear..

18. DrSmile

DrSmile Racer

welcome to onlinegaming :) turn all sim aspects off in a sim just to be faster then another is so retarded but logical when weak egos want to be best at least in a computergame.....

PAKFA, Cote Dazur, Rui Santos and 2 others like this.
  19. Erwin

Erwin Racer

Make it 20 laps then... But the point is, every driver should have equal physics, otherwise its not fair.

Rui Santos likes this.
  20. reerac

reerac Gamer

I've done quite a few races these last days and drove all of them with the medium GT3 tires - before that I was using the softs. Even though the mediums may have a little less grip, they stay predictable for a much longer time - 10 laps on mediums is easy, on softs its almost impossible for me (overheating + pushing the car leads to gravel travel every time...). So I don't really care about people using softs and turning wear off, I'll still be faster just by driving clean and steady. No fuel use and no tire wear should of course be disallowed on servers - it goes against the whole idea of "simulation", but I guess it's not a priority for now and I for one am fine with that.