1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa 1.4.3 - poll

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by B1gy, Dec 20, 2014.

1. magicfr

magicfr Sébastien Tixier

my mod is in the poll :)

B1gy likes this.
  2. B1gy

B1gy Racer

Yes; useless, futile.
    Unfortunately for some words I had to rely on google translate.:p

If you have better translations, you propose, so adjust the survey.;)

Thx.
    As recommended by @nijeat , now in the first post there is a link to see the real-time reports.

I had no ambition to have an absolute test,
    more than statistic is simply curiosity.;)
    Then however you can have some interesting information even from this hundred responses.

You are right,
    but it was impossible to make it doable in a survey.

As specified in the thread of the previous survey, is only a rough estimate.
    Indeed are indicated ranges that more or less, can contemplate all variants.
    (Also because the FPS by themselves do not give much guidance)

You are right,
    I had not thought.
    Unfortunately add now would distort the percentages,
    can still essre covered in (race online);)
    Maybe at the next major update (which I hope includes flags, nurb and some fantastic car..) will update the entries of the survey.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  3. B1gy

B1gy Racer

I thank all those who participated (already we got more than 200 responses!)
    as soon as I can I will prepare a summary of the considerations.

Meanwhile I fixed some translation (on countries, as someone pointed out to me)
    For the duplication of Lotus 2-11, is useless remove it now, would falsify the percentages.
    And then I really do not know exactly where to put it (it's true, it's a trackday car, but it is also true that you can move in the street with plate) then indecision I put it in both. :rolleyes:

Also any advice to improve and implement the survey and / or the translation is well accepted.;)

Have fun!:D

4. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

Done. And a comment: Can you make the FOV result into a chart, instead of a pie graph? It would be more useful, since you could see the curve. Pie graph is not really informative, while a bar chart would show exact relations between results.

5. Bogey Jammer

Bogey Jammer Gamer

Done, very interesting.
    I hope the results will not bias habits. I would hate everyone will just race with the 458 only at Spa forever…

B1gy likes this.
  6. Mr Nice

Mr Nice Gamer

7. cah

cah Rookie

Done.

8. B1gy

B1gy Racer

Edit:
    It hasn't been possible to modify,
    because changing the words the percentages would be lost.

I suppose it is still intuitable their meaning.
    (Not to be confused between the continents I hope ...)

9. weather, start engine and flags!!!

10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Racer

I hope Kunos reads this and notes responses. They have said time and again that most people play offline, nighttime is unimportant and no one wants to really race in the rain. This poll says otherwise.

My take on the poll results is that Kunos needs to include weather, night time, more tracks and fix the racing rules.

ChokDK likes this.
  11. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Nice idea.

Your result pictures are tiny.

Can't see any results.

12. Stereo

Stereo Alien

It's still a product, the importance (to them) of a given feature is (demand / implementation cost), if adding nighttime means dedicating graphics+coding devs to that for 6 months because they'd need to write the graphic engine from the ground up and change all content to work on the new engine, that's 6 months of not working on all the other things people are asking for (new cars, better AI, better MP, flag rules...)

PhenOm likes this.
  13. GaryCorby

GaryCorby Gamer

The poll is meaningless for any product decisions.

Sales of Assetto Corsa must be well north of 10,000. Since there are 3,000+ reviews on steam it is probably more like 30,000, and that number will be surging in the week before Christmas. Total respondents to this poll will be on the order of 200. That is, at best, a 2% response rate.

Even worse, the people replying are self-selected simracing enthusiasts who take the trouble to join this site, then take the trouble to reply to the poll. Our responses will not even slightly match the experience of the other 98%.

If Kunos has half a brain (and clearly they do) then they've built into the game some non-invasive data gathering. They know precisely how many people are using a mouse, a pad or a wheel. They know precisely how many hours people are playing, and they know precisely what parts of the game are being played.

So we can trust their statements on this stuff! As a simple sanity check, if most people who buy the game are playing online, then we should be seeing 10,000 or more on the online servers.

14. dauntless

dauntless Alien

That's not a simple sanity test. That's just you not understanding statistics. Apart from mmorpgs in any game you would be happy to see even 10% of people online. Gt5 sold probably millions. Peak online usage was still in low thousands. Ac has sold a lot less and still has lots of people online. It is also an egg/chicken problem. The ac netcode and online system is very limited and as such less people are interested playing online. Either by setting up their own server or just playing online.

But if you just add the stuff most people want you end up with a sim that has only features every sim has. And you also end up with a sim that doesn't have direction and has multiple vastly different areas and directions. Already the clashing of multiplayer and single player aspects of ac has left them both in kinda poor state.

All the best gameshave been done and created to fulfill a vision of some sorts. A game that the developer wanted to make or play. All mediocre and forgettable games are based on purely trying to cash in on the ideas that the developers think people want (trying to please everybody). Simply going by what you think your players want is a bad choise and will only make things worse for everybody. The game ends up being a mess with no revolutionary features (people do not want things they do not know they like), no well polished features (time and scheduling clashes of multiple competing and totally different features) and in the end it is a game the players don't see much use for, the developers don't see much passion to develop for properly and in the end people just go back to doing what they were doing before.

In the end if you are a chef you can't make icecream and pasta as one dish. You can make a good icecream or good pasta. But if you try to have both the pasta part is too cold and tasteless while the icecream part is melted and and tastes like chocolate, banana, chili, licorice and coffee because that is what you think your players wanted.

15. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Yeah, I have the impression that night is not part of their vision for the game, it's more about the joy of getting in a fast car on a nice sunny day and going around a circuit fast. They're also obviously not simulating one specific series like GPL or whatever.

I haven't actually had problems with the AI which puts me in the minority of posters I guess... the only time they run into me is if I cut them off, they are as fast as me somewhere below 100% difficulty (usually 90-95%), and I've had a reasonable time so far playing through the career events. Which, like I said... not a specific series. It's just "show up at the circuit, get a chance to drive a cool car, and hopefully be faster than anyone else".

16. Epocx

Epocx Alien

For 43% of the people the 458 italia is the favorite road car,
    and yet it has not gotten the fmod sound upgrade, may it be modding or kunos themselfes.

i really hope it comes soon :(

17. GaryCorby

GaryCorby Gamer

Damn, so much for my degree with honours in pure mathematics.

18. dauntless

dauntless Alien

That's your response? Instead of actually proving I'm wrong with facts you just think all you say becomes valid just because you claim to have a university degree? Well, I have one too...

Here's something to get started with your mathematical degree:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sample_size_determination
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_(statistics)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratified_sampling

Sure, the poll may not be fully representitive of all ac players but at the same time it is probably representitive of the most passionate ac players. And it is probably also representative of the people on this forum. Now, I don't know how many people are there on this forum and the sample size of the poll is still kinda low.

Also using metrics of what and how much features players averagely uses is a flawed metric because it can only tell two things. What the player does in the game (can't make estimations how much time is spent making skins for example which may devalue the feature of having skinnable cars). And what is possible to do in the game. If the career mode is poor, if the ai is poor or if you can't choose your own skin that you want to use for online race then the statistics will show just that. It takes a lot more effort than to just look at bunch of numbers and say nobody is doing that, let's not improve that feature.

19. B1gy

B1gy Racer

I have no degree in mathematics, (even in other subjects in truth)
    and despite being I who created the survey, not that i'm so devoted to statistics.
    I like to quote this aphorism, by avoiding the inflated Bukowski: "If I eat a whole cake in your company, for statistics we have eaten a half each. But your stomach would not be so agree!"

This is to say that, personally, I mean the statistic compared exclusively to the number of responses.
    In practice I read that 260 of 273 using a steering wheel (95% leave it to statisticians!)
    Probably (but not certainly) the percentage will be similar even if we were to vote to all purchasers of AC, but I would consider it valid only in that case.
    (Same goes, especially with regard to matters far more important in the socio-political, but this is definitely not the place and time to deal with this theme ...)

Also as I said we have to consider the portion of voters,
    you can not deny that here we will certainly find a band of players more "careful" in certain areas of the game.
    (To take a simple example, I do not think that there are (4%) 4000 OculusRift in 100,000 holders AC)

It would be much more interesting if the survey was done directly by Kunos on steam (so also to certify the single vote per person)
    That said it is still interesting to know the habits and preferences of this small community. ;)

20. B1gy

B1gy Racer

Done-.

I had to set the type of formatting,
    but now the results are shown as you preferred. ;)

speedbee likes this.