1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Assetto Corsa 2 ?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Bibbles, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Hold your horses no I'm not asking when AC2 is being released lol.

No my question is will there be a AC2 or will Assetto Corsa just grow with new builds and DLC ?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.2 hotfix update OUT NOW! May 7, 2024
    Online Leagues / Championships room Australian Assetto Corsa league - XGN Tuesdays and Thursdays May 7, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

The plan we have been told several times is that it will grow for the foreseeable future

Tomcul and Bibbles like this.
  4. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

That's what I was hoping.

Neil Goodinson likes this.
  5. tony wenham

tony wenham Rookie

hopefully just keep on updating this one we don't want assetto corsa 6

6. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

Obviously there will be an Assetto Corsa 2 at some point. The devs will need to make money, and there's only so much DLC they can make.

JMR1985 likes this.
  7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

In the light of what's known, 2016 will be dedicated to Porsche content (24 cars + 1 new track, divided into 3 packs) but in addition there is many other cars already in development, due to release in 2017. DLC is a way to keep the development going, as long as people keep buying it they can improve AC. Since it never was full priced game in Steam (neither on console) and AC has already been developed for years. So to keep it profitable and get paid for work, they need to keep releasing DLC.

They've mentioned the possibility of AC2 somewhere in distant future.. but no serious comments or statements, don't think even they know what their plans are regarding this.

Great summary of known upcoming content by Phenom: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...7thbdd2U1W46wjKxY3lLdj7Nw/edit#gid=1049137265
    So 46 cars known that are not yet in the PC version, but coming.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    onepueblo and Tonydoc10 like this.
  8. Jenson

Jenson Rookie

I wouldn't recommend even thinking about an AC2 until 1 becomes a full game, I have had nothing but a love hate relationship with this game and have now decided to shelve it until lots of updates gets it where it should be. As for dlc it's catch 22, I don't want to spend more money for content on the game when some of the basic functions are missing but they need our money to develop the game further.

9. James43

James43 Rookie

I think this sim should go down the route of being subscription based and build on the tracks and cars that it has already got. I can't see myself buying AC2 in 2019 or whenever with Spa and Monza etc released again in a new sim.
    I think the people who developed AC have the potential to take on iracing and slowly add quality scanned tracks and cars, improve the mp, update the engine as they go.

onepueblo and Bibbles like this.
  10. Kaaarp

Kaaarp Racer

The engine is limited - you can keep a good car running for years but, eventually, it will fall way behind the competition and you need to move on. As an example we won't get weather or night racing with the current engine; Stefano has already confirmed this.

At some point Kunos will start building the next generational jump in racing sims. Sure it'll be a long way off, this is no Pcars circus, but when it arrives I'm prepared to have my socks, gloves, hat and scarf blown off.

11. James43

James43 Rookie

I disagree, iracing is updating all the time. Look how far it has come since 2008. By the time AC2 arrives iracing will probably have added day night transition another 10 tracks and cars plus loads of other features like dirt etc.
    It will be a shame if they can't develop the engine, I just think it will be a bit boring releasing a sequel if it has Spa, Monza and Barcelona again.

12. Kaaarp

Kaaarp Racer

Pretty sure the pool of people prepared to subscribe is smaller than those wanting to buy a game outright, and taking on iracing without a billionaire sugar daddy behind them would probably kill off Kunos.

Besides, a sequel without Spa etc, would be wrong on many levels. You may see boredom but I see many hours of my life spent squeezing every second out of some of the best tracks in the world.

At some point, an entirely new visual, audio and physics engine will be necessary and, if you can't get x subscribers evey month, releasing a new title is the only way to make it work financially. We'll get new cars and tracks but, hopefully, much of what we already have will be spruced up and taken forwards with it.

AC has been tremendously supported by Kunos with no end of their love in sight so I'm confident AC will be all it can be, and then we'll have an awesome start point for AC2.