1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa big failed?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Omelete, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omelete

Omelete Racer

why this not happened in AC

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.2 hotfix update OUT NOW! May 7, 2024
    Online Leagues / Championships room Australian Assetto Corsa league - XGN Tuesdays and Thursdays May 7, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024

3. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Because you don't know how to YouTube:

Now go back under your bridge.

4. Omelete

Omelete Racer

is not the same mate!

fanboy

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  5. Emerson

Emerson Racer

Oh boy...

William Sebastian and Poguinhas like this.
  6. Omelete

Omelete Racer

more

claudiopolez likes this.
  7. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

0d8fab4757e678a8bcc6fb193f64ac16.jpg

LeDude83 likes this.
  8. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

Who cares? The last thing I'll ever wake up thinking is, "Wow, I really wish I could roll my car more in AC. That would make it so much better."

9. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Back for more, eh? Jog on, troll. Don't make me verbally destroy you again o_O

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  10. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

I really wish they'd add in random mechanical failures, too... nothing makes me enjoy my leisure game time like being made to fail thanks to circumstances totally not under my control.

Maybe we could then have all that, in the rain where there's no grip, at night where we can't see.

It'll be like stabbing yourself in the d*ck with a cocktail fork, only less fun.

LET'S DO IT!

11. Orne

Orne Alien

I used to be a huge fan of LFS back in the day.. Sadly this might be all its good for at this point.. 12 year old graphics... ughhhhh. :rolleyes: And an incredibly dated physics engine... But hey if you get off on flipping cars then LFS is clearly the game for you. ;)o_O:)

AC might not be the best driving sim out there but its the best for me. I must admit its fascinating to see some folks preoccupied with things in a racing sim that are completely unrelated to racing. Just recently someone was complaining that the grass was too slippery, like glass... lolz. Now if AC was an off road simulation I could see being a valid concern but when you're supposed to be driving on the concrete I really don't understand why thats an issue..

Perhaps this mentality explains why on any given day there are people hanging out in the parking area on the various servers running Nordschleife Touristenfahrten. They dont seem to want to take the time to learn the track so instead that hangout and do burn outs in the parking lot.. truly bizarre. Folks busy with doing everything but actually driving this wonderful and immersive sim.

Why do some insist on trying to make a racing sim such as AC into something it isnt.. If you want a driving game where crashing is the focus there are plenty of good titles for such a thing.

I purchased Assetto Corsa on May 25th this year. This was after being out of sim racing for over 5 years. I purchased Project Cars first, drove it for about 40 hrs thought it was pretty good.. Short time later I purchased Assetto Corsa and found the driving experience more immersive and nuanced than PC. After dialing in the force feed back I was hooked

As of today I have 401hrs driving time in Assetto Corsa. Project Cars is sitting at about 87hrs, which is amusing because I drove it for quite a while before discovering AC.

At this point I only use PC to race a friend when we want to host race with just us two driving. When and if AC ever simplifies race hosting I will delete Project Cars from my computer.

Be nice if there were a server side option in AC to require a driver logging in for the first time to complete a full lap of the course in a reasonable amount of time in a slower car such as the E30 or GT86. Folks are too quick to jump into the GT cars and cause all sorts of mayhem.

AC offers the best driving experience hands down IHMO. There is nothing greater than knowing a particular track inside and out then taking different cars out on that track for 10 lap runs. Each car feels so different from turn in to braking to throttle response, it takes my breath away at times. Kunos-Simulazioni put a tremendous amount of love, sweat and tears into this sim. If you can't see that then perhaps its not for you.

If you wanna flip cars, good luck with that !

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    snyperal and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  12. testdriver69

testdriver69 Gamer

never missed rolling my car in any sim
    i guess there are more important things in a sim

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I havent played LFS in ages so no idea how easy it is to do this, road cars wont be easily rolling on asphalt with that move and so if it happens every time in such a car its again a big fail there.

Here is one of the worst cars tested in a moose test.

Here is a compilation of failed tests, there really arent many of cars fully rolling though it does need a high COG car to do it. Any road car that does would not be considered safe by pretty much any countries road car certifications.

Its still much more likely to happen in a car with gripper tyres like the Abarth 500 assetto corsa, and yes AC has an issue with tyres losing too much grip at a certain point and so don't really allow the cars to get on 2 wheels as they would in a real car. LFS clearly is way overdone on the other end just like I remember RF2 back in the day where every car would roll over on a high load corner touching an inside curb and often not even touching one. Even Open wheel cars like the Formula renault would roll over once the track gripped up without even touching a curb. Iracing also had this issue and it seems that its a fine line for sims and really none of them have got it quite there, overdoing it I think is worse then underdoing the effect.

Both of those have been fixed beyond those levels but they arent far off what the LFS version is doing so I would never say the first 2 LFS videos at least are even close to realistic in that behaviour.[/QUOTE]

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Here are some other real cars being tested showing what happens in real world physics most of the time.

claudiopolez likes this.
  15. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

16. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Wow! AC is so unrealistic! You can't even make the car roll over 547 times simply by turning the wheel! To me that's a simcade!

Mogster, martcerv and liakjim like this.
  17. liakjim

liakjim Alien

The moment that someone reports an "issue" , posting a video from an unrealistic behavior.
    Mega fail...

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

martcerv likes this.
  18. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

The only one who fails here is you. Nothing more to add.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.