1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.0 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Rolz, May 14, 2019.

1. Laserbeak43

Laserbeak43 Gamer

Siiiigh. VR was terrible. I guess I'll have to wait for an update....and if i'm lucky, it'll have an update to VR...

2. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

I really don't want to nag because the effort must already have be unbelievable but I do have some questions:

How can I save the session (mid-"game")?
    How can I swap driver to AI?
    How can I enable Superpole in a 24h weekend?
    How can I select AI opponents (just started an endurance race with 28 other cars, but I was the only BMW, no Jaguar, no Porsche, none of the Bentleys, no Lexus, no Aston Martin, and of course no Honda but about hundreds of Mercedes)?
    As long as we are not able to get the full grid, I really would like to choose by myself to get at least one of each of the available cars in the field...
    When will the starting order of the different rated drivers be fixed again in Sprint races? Somewhere between 0.6 and 0.7 the order got turned around which is not compliant to the rules of Blancpain currently.

mESCx, ohyeah2389, swannyuk and 3 others like this.
  3. Si.

Si. Simracer

Hardly game breaking. These things can slip through, they’re a small Dev team in comparison to many. Games from huge companies launch in a far worse state, just drive the cars and enjoy, hot fixes will be incoming no doubt.

reidz, Radfahrer, Ace Pumpkin and 4 others like this.
  4. Arlo

Arlo Racer

Kunos, WoW just Wow. Loving every minute. Did the career test and now have my own Aston Martin team. Just ended the first practice. Thank you for an amazing job and hard work.

See you on the track

Son likes this.
  5. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

How does one missed phrase on the corner of a screen equate to 'laughing at us' ?
    I've made similar errors in client documentation, especially when under time pressure - there's no shame in that.
    In my experience most reasonable clients will overlook minor errors, and focus on the deliverable itself.

6. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Please don´t take silly things that serious. I guess the team that made NetKarPro and managed to get themselves involved in creating an oficial licensed simulator, know better than leaving some outdated phrases.
    Happy driving

XorRipRip and chksix like this.
  7. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

When is a sim title ever finished ?
    You have to be reasonable - everything on the road-map has been delivered, and there is still a lot more to come.

warth0g likes this.
  8. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

Definitely agree on some points. Pitcrew missing on full release. Pitbox has nice indicator now but it's useless because it's still too sensitive, same as early access. Performance is worse but i wouldn't say graphics or AA is downgraded from before. Overall it feels more like 0.8 or 0.9 version. Sure, they will continue to work hard on this title, but not sure how reviews will be.

Love that sim overall and i just want it to be good. Kunos is a small team and i will give them a credit but it feels rushed because of 0.6 rewrite. Can't wait for what future will bring.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  9. rpm

rpm Racer

They key is not to focus on easy things that are not working, but complex things that are.

From the little racing I could experience so far, close racing feels more safe than ever. I don't know how they did it. But they did it.

This title is definitely going to work.

Axel Vogelsang and Chriss like this.
  10. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

I hate it
    no boobies
    Thats it I am heading back to the Like nascar 1.0

#FreakinCryBabies

11. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I take it the game won't be fully complete until fall when we get the 2019 update?

ohyeah2389 likes this.
  12. McGraw

McGraw Racer

Game hung at the wallpaper for me going from Q2 to race session. So yes it still feels early access to me too but once I’d got my graphics set up right, my gosh this drives amazing and I am looking forward to spending s lot of time with it.

13. Bo Stamper

Bo Stamper Rookie

Disconnected
    Waiting for connection...

Ugh....

ohyeah2389 likes this.
  14. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

Where I agree with most of said here I would point out that indeed performance is more inconsistent with peaks of fps
    On top of that aliasing is worse,,it is similar now to the one that R3 has..even more blurry..Vr is worse as well
    But the handling,FFB is indeed top top (in my opinion) cars are indeed more difficult to drive in a way someone would expect considering a 500 hp gt car Messing with kerbs or handling with no care on the throttle ..
    It is an unfinished,rushed 1.0.. with great potential but not quite yet..or so I think.
    At least the driving indeed is quite amazing and the feeling of FFB has indeed subtly improved.
    Vr,graphics,menus,etc,,still plenty to do kunos.
    Rgds

Leynad and grrdabrr like this.
  15. sairuscz

sairuscz Gamer

High expectations=disappointment. I'm sure it will be better once we players cool off a little :).

Graphics:
    I am rather disappointed too. Mainly about the optimization as graphics look worse and performance is worse as well.
    I have a Rift S, which basically needs at least 1.8 super-sampling to utilize all pixels of the LCD panel. In 0.7.2 I could easily play with SS 2.0 with low-mid details on 1080ti OC(latest ACC optimized drivers) with stable 40fps and about 40-50%headroom.
    In 1.0 I had only about 30fps.. Had to lower SS to 1.8 and ALL details to low or off.
    Main problem is that shadows and trees keep popping up and it is very distracting. Also aliasing is much worse no matter what settings. When I move with head temporal AA appears to turn off completely.
    Only the ghosting with temporal AA has improved I must say. Raindrops also appear better/smaller.

Not sure if it is OK that even overclocked 1080ti struggles to play a game at the lowest possible settings in VR with 1.8SS.
    -I just need sharp picture,edges and textures with decent framerate. Effects and post processing are not necessary for as long as nothing is popping in front of my car.
    -Why cannot we lower the track details for example?

Career mode:
    -sometimes does not count lap times for some reason.. or I do not understand it.

Sound:
    -sounds is still very good overall
    -Though, ambient and distant opponent sounds completely turn off when I rev the engine. When my engine idles, all background sounds suddenly start playing again.

Multiplayer:
    -? hopefully it will start working tomorrow

Physics:
    -No other sim can compete really. When I try to play my previously favorite sims now, I just cannot anymore...
    This is why I will keep playing ACC again and again.

Hopefully there will be some hot-fixes soon.

Leynad, R. Iván, Echo_29 and 5 others like this.
  16. Gary Munson

Gary Munson Racer

Get a friggin decent computer, i know it must be strange coming from console's...but most of you cant drive for **** any how!

17. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Not releasing a 0.8 and 0.9 meant not using 2months of early access bug hunt and crash fixes. I did say that when they announced that no more would came until 1.0.

Hope the fixes won't be too hard or long to iron out now that the release is worldwide.

ohyeah2389, pigsy and Raklödder like this.
  18. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

From all that I’ve read, watched, etc with a couple exceptions, most of these issues are from updating to unreal 4.22 so late in the development cycle. I’m not sure why Kunos did this unless it was suppose to resolve a lot of significant issues, but a few quick patches will likely address most of it.

Multiplayer isn’t even working yet, likely an engine update issue also. But the fact that certain things worked better in the older version is actually encouraging. A few more cars shouldn’t have broken so many things, a core engine upgrade ALWAYS does...

Unfortunately they can’t really come out and say that due to Epics tos and being UE’s first driving sim showcase product.

ohyeah2389 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  19. seco46

seco46 Hardcore Simmer

For example Livery Editor or Pit stops and Driver swaps animations if I remember correctly.

mESCx likes this.
  20. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

The OP mentioned "fundamental things". While your post is correct, I fail to see how the livery editor and pit stop animation could be considered fundamental.

However I agree the game still has some rough edges. The livery editor can wait tbh, there are much more pressing priorities at hand right now imo

- I had at least 4 fatal crashes in 2 hours of play (can someone remind me where to find the logs file for ACC please?)
    - Setup explanations are unchanged ie. still pretty vague, that's one of the things I expect clear and ready at V1.. I didn't really tinker with setups durng EA because I was counting on the setup page to be complete at launch so I can really fine tune those babies. I guess I'll have to wait a bit more
    - Setting up an endurance championship, the game crashes if you include too many opponents and start the Monza race. I wanted to see how much I could put (like 60 lol) but the counting doesn't stop at the actual pit box limit so you have to guess what's the max number and cross your fingers that the game doesn't crash on you
    - Haven't tried multiplayer yet

Curiously the game looks just a little notch nicer to me than during EA. FFB also feels a bit more refined, I don't know if it's just me, or the new cars.

I'll keep playing and see what I come accross. And I love Silverstone.

Edit: I didn't notice right away but my video settings weren't the same as before V1.0 (they were actually toned down) so I had to put them back to what they used to be